I think I’m defective: germination issues

melbarbiee

This was supposed to be my first grow I got 5 feminized Tangie seeds from drseeds.net. I have had one in water for 9 or 10 days (which I’ve posted about in the past) it didn’t take and is likely dead nothing has happened. I have a second on in water coming up on 48 hours and nothing has happened. They’re sunk to the bottom also. What am I doing wrong.

This was supposed to be my first grow I got 5 feminized Tangie seeds from drseeds.net. I have had one in water for 9 or 10 days (which I’ve posted about in the past) it didn’t take and is likely dead nothing has happened. I have a second on in water coming up on 48 hours and nothing has happened. They’re sunk to the bottom also. What am I doing wrong.
Once they sink, take them out of the water & place in a wet paper towel.

Put that paper towel in a plastic baggie in a dark/warm place. Check back a day or 2 later, you should have a root.
:thumb:

Like Preston said. I always leave in water for 12 hours. Tap the seed down to the bottom of the water. Leave for another 12 hours. Then go into pt like Preston said, then into a sandwich baggy. Skip the water soaking and put into pt. You want to soak the pt then rung it out half way so the pt is wet but not soaking.

Like Preston said. I always leave in water for 12 hours. Tap the seed down to the bottom of the water. Leave for another 12 hours. Then go into pt like Preston said, then into a sandwich baggy. Skip the water soaking and put into pt. You want to soak the pt then rung it out half way so the pt is wet but not soaking.
The one that’s been in there longer actually started in paper towel and it didn’t work so that’s why I put it right into a cup of water. Not sure if I did something wrong with the first one or it was just defective but it going to switch them both to paper towel now. Thank you

Correct, I don't wait for a tap root. Seeds contain a finite amount of energy. I prefer they have all that energy to use underground, rather than using part of it trying to grow in paper towel. It also removes humans and their fat fingers from the equation. Plenty of growers with tales of killing seeds after gemination by handling the Taproot. Seeds need a temperature difference to begin gemination, going from below room temperature (cold water) to above room temp (heat mat) is an easy way to get a big temp difference and help get them going.

Back
Top Bottom