Is she just about done?

CharlieWaffles

Hey peeps. This will be my second successful plant. It’s actually my fourth run but I’ve only managed to succeed with two plants so far. She’s into her ninth week of flower and the leaves are starting to turn yellow which I’m suspecting is because she’s at the end of her life cycle and taking up all the nutrients. I think that I will flush her this week depending on your comments. I think I see some cloudy along with some amber trichomes. Thoughts?

7E08DBA1-5D0D-43FF-96F8-DFE3D8EB92D4.jpeg

2A040FE5-4B21-48B8-A5CB-9586DED9DCDA.jpeg

Hey peeps. This will be my second successful plant. It’s actually my fourth run but I’ve only managed to succeed with two plants so far. She’s into her ninth week of flower and the leaves are starting to turn yellow which I’m suspecting is because she’s at the end of her life cycle and taking up all the nutrients. I think that I will flush her this week depending on your comments. I think I see some cloudy along with some amber trichomes. Thoughts?

7E08DBA1-5D0D-43FF-96F8-DFE3D8EB92D4.jpeg

2A040FE5-4B21-48B8-A5CB-9586DED9DCDA.jpeg
Hey @charliewaffles hope you are well.
Beautiful girl you have there.
I still see white pistols so I think you have a week or two left.
Stay safe buddy.
Bill

Stay safe buddy.
Bill
Thanks @Bill284 . Should I be concerned about the yellowing of the top leaves? If I’m going to carry-on for another couple weeks should I really pump up the nitrogen? Or will she be fine with just my regular bloom feeding…

Thanks @Bill284 . Should I be concerned about the yellowing of the top leaves? If I’m going to carry-on for another couple weeks should I really pump up the nitrogen? Or will she be fine with just my regular bloom feeding…
No more nitrogen. I stop it completely long before this point in flower.
See my girls ready to harvest. Some of the leaves look yellow or even eaten up.
I don't care. I feed her properly and in flower the leaves get drained tword the end of flower.
I just leave everything on her. If a leaf drains thats ok. I let it fall off.
Keep going on the flowering nutrients. Mind you I cut my ppm,s in last couple weeks, right down.
They always give me what I want so it works for me.
Bill

No more nitrogen. I stop it completely long before this point in flower.
See my girls ready to harvest. Some of the leaves look yellow or even eaten up.
I don't care. I feed her properly and in flower the leaves get drained tword the end of flower.
I just leave everything on her. If a leaf drains thats ok. I let it fall off.
Keep going on the flowering nutrients. Mind you I cut my ppm,s in last couple weeks, right down.
They always give me what I want so it works for me.
Bill
Awesome. What do you cut your ppm’s down to if you don’t mind my asking?

Awesome. What do you cut your ppm’s down to if you don’t mind my asking?
I looked at the pic,can't tell.
Are you in coco?
Micro, big bud coco,rezin, 400-300-200- last week.
I run ph water through my pots periodically to keep the coco from building up nutrients and salts, But not too much. I have Fungi and microbes around my roots as well.
Run off should be with in a few hundred of your feed.
Bill

I looked at the pic,can't tell.
Are you in coco?
Micro, big bud coco,rezin, 400-300-200- last week.
I run ph water through my pots periodically to keep the coco from building up nutrients and salts, But not too much. I have Fungi and microbes around my roots as well.
Run off should be with in a few hundred of your feed.
Bill
I’ll try and get around those readings for my last feedings. I’m in soil.

I’ll try and get around those readings for my last feedings. I’m in soil.
Soil is a different thing all together than coco.
Most nutrients have a schedule for soil ml/L not ppm.
Bill

Stay safe buddy.
Bill
Hi Im a brand new grower and my plants are two weeks old. I waited to water until they drooped then I watered. They were beautiful the next morning and grew a lot. Now 2 days later the very bottom leaves are yellow. I have the light at 60% maybe I should move it back to 50% we just increased it yesterday. I want to correct the problem and it cant be over watering. Thx for any help you can give me.

Hi Im a brand new grower and my plants are two weeks old. I waited to water until they drooped then I watered. They were beautiful the next morning and grew a lot. Now 2 days later the very bottom leaves are yellow. I have the light at 60% maybe I should move it back to 50% we just increased it yesterday. I want to correct the problem and it cant be over watering. Thx for any help you can give me.
50 is fine at that stage.
Are you letting soil dry .
Wet roots need air aswell?
Bill

What are you feeding them? Could be that they are just getting hungry for nitrogen with a nice boom in growth, especially if you turned up the lights and they were ready to handle the extra intensity. I wouldn't necessarily turn down the lights unless I saw leaves curling or tacoing in, or other signs of light stress

Perfectly normal on the leaves.

Senescence - is a thing.

If my plants are not doing that, something isn't right.

The fan leaves will yellow and fall off its natural.

They are just starting senescence so you got a few weeks or more to go.

Patience is key.

50 is fine at that stage.
Are you letting soil dry .
Wet roots need air aswell?
Bill
I only watered once so far and they grew a lot then started turning yellow on the lowest leaves and spotty yellow on the next bottom bigger leaves. This happened the next day after watering. I was going to transplant at 3 weeks they are 2 1/2 now and the soil I am going to use has nitrogen in it. Coast of Maine growers choice I think it it.

I only watered once so far and they grew a lot then started turning yellow on the lowest leaves and spotty yellow on the next bottom bigger leaves. This happened the next day after watering. I was going to transplant at 3 weeks they are 2 1/2 now and the soil I am going to use has nitrogen in it. Coast of Maine growers choice I think it it.
That's good stuff :thumb:
Bill

harvest time ?

It is all very well looking at the top buds but in my grows, there is often a lot of variation over colas and the tops appear done with lower buds much less so.

Today’s pics. 6 additional days. What do you think now? I still see some clear trichomes but I also see some cloudy looking ones and some amber ones in there, or is it just my eyes?

64FF0DBF-1D09-45DC-9286-5EF45A7D54AB.jpeg

E611CC12-1E84-450D-81AE-B6057335EE66.png

832582D2-8B39-4B38-B822-C85C305F539B.png

Keep holding out, my friend! Those little amber ones have just barely started to turn, you still have some time before they'll start to go "over-ripe" (which is a bit of a preference thing anyway, depending on how you like your high)

But those clear ones will go cloudy before you really start to go amber. Looking beautiful though, nice pics of the trichs! Getting very close!!

harvest time ?

It is all very well looking at the top buds but in my grows, there is often a lot of variation over colas and the tops appear done with lower buds much less so.

Oh that's a pretty cool link there, Birdie! Haven't seen that before but that's a really good example reference for harvest time!

Keep holding out, my friend! Those little amber ones have just barely started to turn, you still have some time before they'll start to go "over-ripe" (which is a bit of a preference thing anyway, depending on how you like your high)

But those clear ones will go cloudy before you really start to go amber. Looking beautiful though, nice pics of the trichs! Getting very close!!
Thanks. I did water het yesterday so I’m giving her at least another 2-4 days and then I’ll check again : )

Back
Top Bottom