Is there a downside to over-lighting?

Dan Dark

I have a small grow tent 24x48x60 with two grow lights - a Mars Hydro 1000w and a Bloomspect 1500 w. The plants are doing amazing - almost too good to be true. 100% success in clones and they grow FAST! My question - is there a downside to over-lighting ? Should I have just one 1000W+ lamp for each tent or is it best to use just one per tent? Heat does not seem to be an issue.

You're probably in no danger with only 420 watts.

I have a small grow tent 24x48x60 with two grow lights - a Mars Hydro 1000w and a Bloomspect 1500 w. The plants are doing amazing - almost too good to be true. 100% success in clones and they grow FAST! My question - is there a downside to over-lighting ? Should I have just one 1000W+ lamp for each tent or is it best to use just one per tent? Heat does not seem to be an issue.
just keep in mind this bit of info with LEDs. Seedling and veg, use HALF of your avail light power. When you flip to flower, add the other half. When vegging, your allowing her to spread freely, so make it nice and easy on her, then hit her with everything when she is mature to bloom, when she needs it most. And honestly, as long as you keep heat down, leaf temp 78F and roots around 69-71F, with CO2 they can take alot more PAR in flower.

Too bright or too hot can cause stress and stress can cause hermies...

Back
Top Bottom