Is this a great trick for better yield?

Yes indica you're wright..with cold temps the plant thinks the winter is coming and start producing more trichomes in order to catch more polen..that's why extreme cold conditions stress the plant in a ''good way''..more trichomes means more compact and heavyer buds so it influence the yield also.i will try the ice cold wattering for sure.

Yes indica you're wright..with cold temps the plant thinks the winter is coming and start producing more trichomes in order to catch more polen..that's why extreme cold conditions stress the plant in a ''good way''..more trichomes means more compact and heavyer buds so it influence the yield also.i will try the ice cold wattering for sure.

i wouldnt give your plants ice water at all mate! but if your dead keen on it do it the second last day before you rip it so you can see if it actually survives the shock!
in my opinion too , bud density is heavily influenced via heritage and not enviroment solely.

im not quite sure really as to why it produces trichomes but my guess is to catch as much pollen as possible.

Catching pollen would be the pistils job,so that's probably not why plants produce trichomes....

A plants genetic predisposition,and to a certain extent,environment, are what determine the amount and quality of trichomes produced.

While lots of pistils(hairs) look really sweet on the buds,pistils don't get you high,that's strictly the job of the trichomes(actually,the chemicals within the trichomes)-pistils contain no THC,CBD,or any other psychoactive substances.

Lots of pistils DO,however, mean lots of calyx's,which,along with the "sugar leaves" ,is where most of the trichomes are produced - So a really "hairy" plant will contain lots of calyx's,which will in turn contain lots of trichomes-just how many will be determined mainly by the plants genetics.

So you're saying that environment it's responsabe for the production of resin also,that means if you stress her with low temp and piercing of the stem and other stress training will increase the trichomes production?

By environment,I mean weather/temperature,availability of water,lighting,which nutes were used,etc.

I really don't know if stressing the plant will have any beneficial effects or not,since I've never tried it...It's one of those things that some say will help,some say it won't,and some don't care one way or another-so actually trying it yourself and seeing the result will be the best way to determine if it seems to boost production or not.

Of course then you won't really be sure if the stress actually did anything for yield,or would the plant have done it whether you stressed it or not.....?

To really be certain,you'd need to have a bunch of identical (same strain) plants,and stress half of them,and don't stress the other half-if the stressed bunch does a lot better than the un-stressed ones,then it would be fair to assume that stress did indeed increase bud production-but you can't really just do it to one plant and say for certain that it worked.

Probably won't hurt it,though,so you might as well give it a shot

By environment,I mean weather/temperature,availability of water,lighting,which nutes were used,etc.

I really don't know if stressing the plant will have any beneficial effects or not,since I've never tried it...It's one of those things that some say will help,some say it won't,and some don't care one way or another-so actually trying it yourself and seeing the result will be the best way to determine if it seems to boost production or not.

Of course then you won't really be sure if the stress actually did anything for yield,or would the plant have done it whether you stressed it or not.....?

To really be certain,you'd need to have a bunch of identical (same strain) plants,and stress half of them,and don't stress the other half-if the stressed bunch does a lot better than the un-stressed ones,then it would be fair to assume that stress did indeed increase bud production-but you can't really just do it to one plant and say for certain that it worked.

Probably won't hurt it,though,so you might as well give it a shot
very good post carcass +rep

Hy guys,i recently talked with an old man who shared a secret on how to get bigger yield,so here it is:he says that if you cut the first 5-10 mm of your buds in week 6 of flower this will make them fat and more compact.
What do you think? maybe some expert growers have any ideea..

This technique is called back building, I've seen it tested in journals on here. It works well. It's like topping or fiming and cause a redistribution of hormones that normally let help it grow taller, causing a bushing or "bAck building" effect.

I keep it simple. Bigger healthy root system = bigger buds and yields. LST can increase yields per plant if the strain can produce fat buds at multiple sites, such as Critical, Trainwreck, etc.

I think a lot of these little tricks and tweeks are just snake oil, and the actual difference in the end product would be barely perceptually; I keep it simple, soil & organic nutes, and can pull 3.6 Ounces from 2 litre pots after 3 weeks veg time, with some topping and light training only :Namaste:

I think a lot of these little tricks and tweeks are just snake oil, and the actual difference in the end product would be barely perceptually; I keep it simple, soil & organic nutes, and can pull 3.6 Ounces from 2 litre pots after 3 weeks veg time, with some topping and light training only :Namaste:

I would like to see a journal on this, what kind of lighting?

I would like to see a journal on this, what kind of lighting?

you're in luck, I am doing a journal on this grow; I have been photographing four plants each day - they're in veg atm - and will be putting them under 12/12 this Sunday.

two jack herers, one under a 75w LED, the other under my usual single 25w cfl - this is a direct side by side comparison, and tbh, the LED is losing badly, which is very disappointing, but I'll give it the full 3 week trial period before writing it off :Namaste:

the others are a sour diesel [love this] and an amnesia haze, both under single 25w cfls and doing quite wonderfully

Earth Juice is the only stuff I use, apart from water.

flower tent is .6 x .6 x 1.6 and has a 600w HPS in a cooltube that sits about 6 to 8 inches of the canopy

Back
Top Bottom