Is this alright for a 8 day old seedling?

ItsJoshbruuuh

Hey guys, I just want to ask if this is what it's supposed to look like at 8 days or if it looks immature? This is my first Grow and I just want to know if my plant is healthy, it's under 30w cfl, and i've put it on 12/12 from seed, worm castings mixed with a bit of potting soil, and I'm watering it when ever I can feel the soil is completely dry underneath. Thanks in advance. .
420-magazine-mobile550755749.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1098225043.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1786507630.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

OK, I'll bite. Your seedling looks a bit retarded. I'd expect more growth in eight days. You should be running lights 24/0 at this point. 12/12 is used when you want to flower a photoperiod plant. And when you say you mixed worm cast and soil I have to ask why it is so clumpy? Seriously, it looks like dirt clods piled up, and like water would channel right down the sides. When you pot up to a bigger pot try to get a less lumpy mixture.

The best advice anyone here can give you is to read, read, and read some more. It's not rocket science, in fact a lot of it's just common sense, but there is a ton of info that will help you get the most out of your grow. Good luck!

OK, I'll bite. Your seedling looks a bit retarded. I'd expect more growth in eight days. You should be running lights 24/0 at this point. 12/12 is used when you want to flower a photoperiod plant. And when you say you mixed worm cast and soil I have to ask why it is so clumpy? Seriously, it looks like dirt clods piled up, and like water would channel right down the sides. When you pot up to a bigger pot try to get a less lumpy mixture.

The best advice anyone here can give you is to read, read, and read some more. It's not rocket science, in fact a lot of it's just common sense, but there is a ton of info that will help you get the most out of your grow. Good luck!
Cheers, I appreciate the feedback, I have a done lot of research before I even thought of growing but it's not all info I suppose you also need some knowledge from first hand experience, the seed it sprouted from wasn't stored properly, I got it from a friend who used to grow a few years back and there was left over seeds he found laying around, I don't have any idea why the soil is so clumpy because at first it was was super soft and nothing like dirt at all,

Also the reason for 12/12 is i want to skip the veg stage and go straight to flower, I'm not looking for a bit harvest and I want the plant to stay small, so from all the research I've done 12/12 from seed seemed like a good option for what I want to do, but if 24/0 would help it I'd do that, but I heard the plant also needs a dark period that's important for it? But i'm no expert at all so I'd appreciate more first hand info on that if you have it, from all the research I've done your plant will basically flower as soon as it's mature enough to with 12/12 and the whole plant will basically be a cola, but yeah.

I really appreciate it and it would really help with a bit more info on the light cycles, cheers!

If you want smaller yield and not bothered with a long veg. Why not grow Auto's. Sounds like they are suited to your exact needs.

An auto is breed to skip veg and go straight to flower. That's the benefit of Ruderalis genetics, though ruderalis X does have lower yields.

I agree with this also! If your looking for small plants. Mine grows barely a foot tall but yield around 3-5 ounces!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

But you need some veg stage to give the plant some growth which will allow it to create the energy to flower properly. I'd say put it on 18/6 for at least a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Really appreciate it, I'll start that tomorrow, I'd have loved to do an outdoor grow because my country has the perfect climate, especially during somewhere now and it's nearing fall, but I don't have the space for an outdoor grow and I have tenants who stay in the garden cottage so outdoor wouldn't be a good idea haha.

Welcome to the community. I myself would love to have an outdoor grow this year. I think im gonna take my kayak I got last year and find me a perfect spot this year but that another story.

I think the soil looks like that just because if the ratio of castings.try to break and smooth out the clumps (if you feel you wont damage her) if you are looking to grow on 12/12 for whatever reasons you have then I wish you all the best with that. I will however tell you that you have 3 stages. The seedling stage (around 1-2weeks) the vegetative stage (length depends on light/dark cycles and last but not least the flowering stage. If it is your intentions to grow in 12/12 (whatever your reasons may be) may I suggest that until your plant gets her first true set of leafs keeping her in 18/6 this will give her more time for her roots to develop and will also help increase your yield some with only really prolonging your grow for a few weeks.

I hope you find your groove and start growing some high quality meds that you are happy with.

Nice to meet ya josh I hope you can get someting out of what I say

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

Back
Top Bottom