Is this Nitrogen Toxicity? Urgent Help Needed!

Zero2Hero

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well.

This is my first grow. I have made it this far. Made a lot of mistakes, Learnt a lot. Got some brilliant advice on these forums, so im turning to you all once again.

I tackle the problems as the come like any other grower, but i seem to experiment less and ask for guidance before taking action. Hopefully, with your help, this girl can survive.

Question: I started seeing some bent tips.. Could you tell me if this is Nitrogen Toxicity? If so, What do i need to do next? Any, all comments, suggestions are welcome... as compared to me, you are all much more experienced!

Thank you !

Zero

Re: Is this Nitrogen Toxicity? Urgent Help/Response Needed!

Please look at the Leaves that are bent from the tips!.

ya you have Nitrogen Toxicity just do a nice PH flush and your good i had the same problem but not as bad o i see your doing DWC so dump your water and start with fresh PH water

Whenever you see droopy leaves like that from the tip, and you know you're not over watering, chances are you're seeing what they call the, "Nitrogen Claw." I'm sure it varies from plant to plant. In my case though, after I backed off the nutes a bit, the plants bounced back with a vengeance after only a few days. Take Serpent's advice and you should be golden.

Best of luck bro!

Thank you So much Serpent & McSmokin

I am currently doing a flush. I didnt know how to so i watched a couple of youtube vids.

Using FloraKleen by GH. Its been running for 24Hrs..

How long should a flush last? should i be looking for any signs of ending the flush? How should i proceed?

this is what the plant looks like today.

Thank you !!

A flush is a instant thing now its waiting game, Keep a good eye on them and you should be fine when you did you flush did you feed 1/4 or just PH water you PH the water right?

Well, My flush was PHed water + Flora Kleen.. , Have been running it for 24 Hrs.

I didnt add any nutes in the water i used for Flushing. Figured i should get rid all the Nitrogen!.

Weirdly enough.. My PH has been drifting like crazy.. 6 Hours ago.. i PH'ed it to 5.8... 3 Hours later.. it was at 7!??... so i PHed it again and brought it down to 5.9.. Kind just want to end the flush and get back to the basics!...i.e... feed it and let it grow.. but i dont know how strong i should make the nutes solution.

Also.. just a thought... and please bear with me.. Which stage do you think the plant is in?

Early Growth, Late Growth, Transition, Early Bloom, Mid Bloom, Late Bloom? (Standard General Hydroponics Catagories)

Well, My flush was PHed water + Flora Kleen.. , Have been running it for 24 Hrs.

I didnt add any nutes in the water i used for Flushing. Figured i should get rid all the Nitrogen!.

Weirdly enough.. My PH has been drifting like crazy.. 6 Hours ago.. i PH'ed it to 5.8... 3 Hours later.. it was at 7!??... so i PHed it again and brought it down to 5.9.. Kind just want to end the flush and get back to the basics!...i.e... feed it and let it grow.. but i dont know how strong i should make the nutes solution.

Also.. just a thought... and please bear with me.. Which stage do you think the plant is in?

Early Growth, Late Growth, Transition, Early Bloom, Mid Bloom, Late Bloom? (Standard General Hydroponics Catagories)

Hows it going Zero2hero your in early Bloom give it a few day and start to feed if you want i flush and then feed 1/4 General Hydroponics is good i use the same stuff how manny gallons is your DWC a small DWC is super hard to keep the PH in check. your containers must be too small so it may be helping to give you bigger swings. Think about it like this. If we look at another extreme like you have each plant in 100 gallon pot, do you still think that you would get that swing so hard? You are using small bucket but I don't think there is 2 Gallons of solution in the bucket. You should upgrade to 5 Gallon buckets instead. Do you have a PPM tester if not try to get one if you can eBay has them cheap or check your local add someone may have one your doing a good job keep up the good work :high-five:

Hey Serpent

Thank for the response.

These are in fact 5 gallon buckets. I have a slew of tools. I use the Hanna 9813-6 for PH, Temp and EC/TDS. And a bluelab guardian is on its way.

The bucket has about 3.5 gallons of water. There should be about 4 gallons in there but I like my roots to work for food. I'm running 3 airstones, only because my water temp is about 75 degrees F ( about 24 C) so I need the water to be hyper oxygenated. All this might be overkill for the current setup but since this is my first, I need to keep it small.

I'm just doing this to learn. I must've killed a about 15 seeds before this. I thought I could handle multiple germinations and growths but I was too over confident. I quit doing that and started with one. And that's what you're seeing in the pics. I'm actually building a bigger system now. A chilled 3 plant, 15 gallon system. I'm an engineer so I'll be trying to automate certain processes.... Let's see... Long way to go.

Thank you for all your help. I'm sure I'm gonna need it again.

The new growth looks like it might have heat/RH stress. What is the temperature and RH at the canopy? How far away are your lights?
I don't do hydro, but that much 'N' claw wouldn't freak me out. I'd just back off to correct.

Back
Top Bottom