Is this normal to find on popcorn buds?

MrWigles

What is this?? Should I be concerned.. because I don’t feel like this is normal, these are pics of one of the popcorn buds most are like this but none of the main colas are. and maybe it’s normal but I’m worried it’s not lol I’m a new grower and I still got lots to learn. Any info would be appreciated

Yes I know, I’m just sad.. lol like now I can’t even start anything else right now until this is all finished. I have some Sour Jack & Blue cookies that I wanted to start.. but I’m not going to if I got pollen floating around.. this is definitely my fault! I just got PH & TDS pens like two weeks ago. And I was ro busy with work last month to tend to my girls regularly. Sometimes I didn’t get to water when I was supposed to.. &! I just gave the girls their first feeding of Floranova Bloom... I know I screwed up... I was using Flora Nova grow even these first 4-5 weeks since I switched to 12/12 I guess it’s a hard lesson learned.. man I’m so maddd! I got two blueberry in the tent as well, and they’re probably pollinated too..

I searched all the plants and I can’t find any pollen sacs, no Hermies or anything. Is it possible that these seed pods could be empty and I am just freaking out for no reason.. I did throw a couple of blueberry plants out of my tent a few weeks back because they were in rough shape during early flower.. they’re doing excellent outside though.

I have had them Hermie and you can still smoke the final product. Just have to pick out the seeds. I ended up making edibles with mine.
Usually, some type of stress would cause the female to make a male and they can pollinate them selves.
I would figure out what caused this. Light leak or Temp too low/high could cause it. Could be some pollen from a neighbor.
I would look at irregularities in light. Could be a power strip with a light. Could be a timer that did not have one of the tabs pushed down and the light could have been coming on for 15 min while they should have been asleep.
I would figure that out, pop some more seeds and finish her. Clean your tent/room very good, to make sure there is not pollen hanging out on the floor or walls.

I have had them Hermie and you can still smoke the final product. Just have to pick out the seeds. I ended up making edibles with mine.
Usually, some type of stress would cause the female to make a male and they can pollinate them selves.
I would figure out what caused this. Light leak or Temp too low/high could cause it. Could be some pollen from a neighbor.
I would look at irregularities in light. Could be a power strip with a light. Could be a timer that did not have one of the tabs pushed down and the light could have been coming on for 15 min while they should have been asleep.
I would figure that out, pop some more seeds and finish her. Clean your tent/room very good, to make sure there is not pollen hanging out on the floor or walls.
Thanks. I’m gonna finish them. But the blueberry were regular seeds from CKS and I let them get rootbound as I wanted to determine sex by preflowers before flipping to 12/12.. (my bad that was not my intention) I also had ph problems...
I was so very busy with work the last 2 months so I didn’t always water them when I should’ve.. I made so many mistakes, But before you say I’m lazy just let me say I work 8-12 hours a day 7 days a week 1.5 hours away from home and the absolute first thing i want to do when I get home is to spend time with my family. But I’m now off for 3 months so things should go better this time around. So with that being said I’m not going to try multiple strains again, instead I’m just gonna pop some Sour Jack which are also from CKS. Still not sure how many.. my tent is 39”x39” so I’m thinking I’ll do all 5, keep the best 4 and throw one out on the back deck. But what size pots should i use? 3gal or 5 gal ( im switching to fabric pots) I’m only going to veg for probably a month and I’d like to try the SCROG method.. I just wanna fill the tent with a nice canopy & hope to get a quick successful harvest.

In the old days... pretty much all bud had seeds in it. Some of the best I’ve ever smoked was full of them. Seeds mostly just take up room, they don’t necessarily mean reduced potency.

I’ve heard this from so many older friends this evening... Along with how none of their plants ever hermied, and how I shouldn’t be using bottled nutrients or a fancy grow tent & the purple lights. I’m now more determined then ever to show them how it’s done.

Well one or two of those remarks might be true. The rest are just grower’s choice. Hermies are common. Everyone gets some form of hermie sooner or later. And usually sooner.

Thanks. I’m gonna finish them. But the blueberry were regular seeds from CKS and I let them get rootbound as I wanted to determine sex by preflowers before flipping to 12/12.. (my bad that was not my intention) I also had ph problems...
I was so very busy with work the last 2 months so I didn’t always water them when I should’ve.. I made so many mistakes, But before you say I’m lazy just let me say I work 8-12 hours a day 7 days a week 1.5 hours away from home and the absolute first thing i want to do when I get home is to spend time with my family. But I’m now off for 3 months so things should go better this time around. So with that being said I’m not going to try multiple strains again, instead I’m just gonna pop some Sour Jack which are also from CKS. Still not sure how many.. my tent is 39”x39” so I’m thinking I’ll do all 5, keep the best 4 and throw one out on the back deck. But what size pots should i use? 3gal or 5 gal ( im switching to fabric pots) I’m only going to veg for probably a month and I’d like to try the SCROG method.. I just wanna fill the tent with a nice canopy & hope to get a quick successful harvest.
You are on the right track and I know where you are coming from. You will get to know your plants better and how they respond. It is hard being tied to your grow. Once you get your schedule down, you can leave your garden alone for a few days, for a vacation, and come back to them and everything is good to go.
If I were you, I would grow some autos and see how they do. They are pretty easy and you can leave the lights running 24 hours a day. I prefer 4 hours of dark, but I have had success going 24 hrs.
I looked at crop king reg blueberry. You just will have no idea how many are going to be males or females. They could all be males.
Good luck and start a journal. You will get a better answer when this community can look at the overall picture of your grow.

Back
Top Bottom