Is this plant ready for harvest?

Blurple is fine - it’s just impossible to diagnose leaf or plant problems when the pics are in blurple. White light led tech is better but many fine buds have grown in blurple light so that’s cool by me. The reason they are using hot lights still is the same reason you are using red/blue leds - that’s what they have on hand and they don’t want to spend piles of $$$ to upgrade

Blurple is fine - it’s just impossible to diagnose leaf or plant problems when the pics are in blurple. White light led tech is better but many fine buds have grown in blurple light so that’s cool by me. The reason they are using hot lights still is the same reason you are using red/blue leds - that’s what they have on hand and they don’t want to spend piles of $$$ to upgrade
I now run 2 tents, one white-yellowish light and one blurpple. It's a nice little experiment to see one vs the other.
20210202_175813.jpg

Yes ive been scolded about blurple pics b4. But i wasnt sending pic in for diagnosis. My leaves are very healthy. But i was a little too lazy to put white light on them for the pic. I know it is kinda annoying.
Im growing in an apartment closet (i do own a tent) and management occasionally enters with notice and hot bright lights would be hard to conceal. These lights cost 80 each and ive seen that prices have come down. 1 light covers 2 plants at the most. I did add a led bulb in a clamp on lamp.
Another example of overthinking. Changing pot sizes while they grow. I germinate between 2 damp napkins, put them in seedling pots til the emerge and then in the permanent pot although ill probably just place them directly in the big pot after popping next time. Ive had 100% luck on the napkin method.

Hey VET 85...
Thanks so much for your reply.Down she comes to morrow.. I'm on the runway for my 2nd stab at this new hobby..2.7x2.7 x5 ft so not much real estate ..going to try for 3 autos in 3 gal pots, fabric & plastic.
What a learning curve this ride has been. I've had to sell my Harley for age related issues..sic :couldn't hold it up;) I just turned 70 yo so needed a new hobby..1st puff in 1968...off/on since then ..now on...lol
Thanks for your encouragement. Keep in touch..Dave
Im on a rocket 3 right now. Have you considered a lighter bike? You need to swallow your harley pride and try another brand. Of course there are hd trikes but $$$

It comes down to watts per square foot and space to expand to absorb the entire footprint of the light. I had good results with blurples while vegging but flowering was kinda slow until I added some Mars Hydro 600s (est. 100w at the wall) i had over 200 watts of blurples going to
20200916_100302.jpg
veg like i did and had 7 autos give me about 1000grams finishing up with the MH600s. That's a White Widow about 120 days 6 weeks under the MH600s
Edit, forgot to add, cut off a piece of a bud and then scope it. Much easier.

Im on a rocket 3 right now. Have you considered a lighter bike? You need to swallow your harley pride and try another brand. Of course there are hd trikes but $$$
Actually I have a Honda PCX I use for around town. I've been to all the countries around Thailand except Myanmar which is a no go zone these days. I've gotten long distance riding out of my system. All okay these days. My new hobby keeps me busy as I'm also growing hot chili and tomatoes. Growing stuff outdoors here has its challenges also. Severe hot sun and plenty of insects etc.

Use what u can afford. a $10 grow bulb has grown successful bud.

But you can grow amazing weed with a great light and experience......equal to any dispensary at least.

I'd chop that auto, if it was a photo fem I'd wait 7 to 10 days........photos can tolerate more amber before going into couchlock highs.
Yeah i like to get started cheap rather than wait til i can afford better. Because it may be a long wait. Since ive gotten good results, i kept using it.

define "regular lightbulbs" if possible.

edit: thinking of the guy who made that pseudo cob type fixture out of wood and a dozen or so household led bulbs.
not sure what happened to him.

Hi gang,
1st time grower here...
I ,m thinking this plant is ready soon but want to appeal to more experienced souls.
I took these pics with my phone so I hope they're adequate . I have a jewelers loupe but its really dodgy...I can't hold it still enough to be effective. lol Well your opinion please...

pic B.jpg

pic C.jpg

pic D.jpg

Hi gang,
1st time grower here...
I ,m thinking this plant is ready soon but want to appeal to more experienced souls.
I took these pics with my phone so I hope they're adequate . I have a jewelers loupe but its really dodgy...I can't hold it still enough to be effective. lol Well your opinion please...

pic B.jpg

pic C.jpg

pic D.jpg

pic E.jpg
Pull it there are cloudy and amber trichomes nice high.

Back
Top Bottom