Is this plant ready for harvest?

Jaideedave

420 Member
Hi gang,
1st time grower here...
I ,m thinking this plant is ready soon but want to appeal to more experienced souls.
I took these pics with my phone so I hope they're adequate . I have a jewelers loupe but its really dodgy...I can't hold it still enough to be effective. lol Well your opinion please...

pic B.jpg

pic C.jpg

pic D.jpg

pic E.jpg

Not easy to tell in the pics but I see quite a few ambers on the sugar leaves so you can probably chop her when you're ready. As long as you have mainly milky trichomes the amount of amber for CBN is personal preference. Congrats on your first grow :welldone:

Hey VET 85...
Thanks so much for your reply.Down she comes to morrow.. I'm on the runway for my 2nd stab at this new hobby..2.7x2.7 x5 ft so not much real estate ..going to try for 3 autos in 3 gal pots, fabric & plastic.
What a learning curve this ride has been. I've had to sell my Harley for age related issues..sic :couldn't hold it up;) I just turned 70 yo so needed a new hobby..1st puff in 1968...off/on since then ..now on...lol
Thanks for your encouragement. Keep in touch..Dave

That's a good space to grow more than enough bud to keep you going. I grow in tiny spaces. Fabric pots are great. Keep them off the ground to allow good air circulation around the whole pot. Autos are fun but can be tricky if you don't get things just right early on. Would be great if you started a journal so we can all follow your progress and help out with any issues you may encounter. Welcome to the family :thumb: :green_heart:

Thanks Vet, As a noobe I never had the confidence or experience to help anyone. Okay I'll give it a go without any idea of how to write a journal but I do keep a daily diary grow only related. As far as keeping a fabric pot off the floor I may try those 1/2 in clay balls in the tray? Happy days

This link should help you out.

Thanks Vet, As a noobe I never had the confidence or experience to help anyone. Okay I'll give it a go without any idea of how to write a journal but I do keep a daily diary grow only related. As far as keeping a fabric pot off the floor I may try those 1/2 in clay balls in the tray? Happy days
Growing meds and making life better is what I try and do. You can learn and with a journal you have the ability to document your grows so it is easier to replicate what works and that can be passed along to others.

Here are some links I have bookmarked and I think you will benefit from them also.:)
How to water your plant
VPD
Growing Marijuana

There are plenty of members here who will help if needed and don't forget to post pics every now and then. :yummy:

Hi gang,
1st time grower here...
I ,m thinking this plant is ready soon but want to appeal to more experienced souls.
I took these pics with my phone so I hope they're adequate . I have a jewelers loupe but its really dodgy...I can't hold it still enough to be effective. lol Well your opinion please...

pic B.jpg

pic C.jpg

pic D.jpg

pic E.jpg
welcome friend :welcome: Beautiful garden. Its hard to tell from the pic, is she still throwing up white pistols or have they turned in and changed color?

Double check the trichome colour on the bracts before you go ahead and chop. The sugar leaves will show amber first. She looks ready to me but I don't want you to cut her down too soon. Is this one an auto and how old is it?

Good morning,
I'm estimating its about 10-11 weeks old.Not 100 % sure as it was probably flowering for a few days before I actually noticed? Its an auto flower "Auto Pounder"
Due to size restrictions I'm only able to grow autos.
Next 3 are Pineapple express,Northern Lights,Auto Doctor. Germinating now.

Hi VetSmoke85,
I really didn't think 150 cm height was enough for a photo..I do practice LST but not much more in the way of training. Photos can open the door to topping and a host of other tweaks because of the long veg times. I just happened to have 5 Super Silver Haze I bought last year before I really knew about Autos.
FYI , I've harvested both autos and dried them and I got 46 grams total . I wish it was a bit more but I'm sure everyone does . 1st grow under my belt and looking fwd to my next.
This batch is now in jars curing..smelling better each day.
This grow I'm using a so called "super 420 soil mix from a local online shop. So I'll only add very little nutes for veg stage then he suggests for flower stage to use > Flower Fuel 1-34-32 bloom booster for bigger buds etc.
My 1st grow I made my own concoction and over watered and over fed them creating all sorts of challenges. This time its "tap on the brakes" and let em go....
Thanks for your help and suggestions not to mention encouragement.
Jaideedave

Congrats on ur harvest, and yes we all wish it was more lol but for a first grow and a auto thats ain’t bad at all, I don’t have the best luck with autos, but that won’t stop me from trying lol

Thanks Stormy...Yup I'm not really disappointed though..I filled up completely 1 x 1 quart Mason jar and part of another . I'm reluctant to try Photos for 2 reasons...my tent is only 50x50 x 150 cm...and I like the quick turnover Autos allow.

Congratulations on your first harvest:goodjob: That's a nice result for your first attempt. Yeah 150cm would be considered low for most people but I've done all my growing in a 64cm tall cabinet and just harvested the first plant I've flowered in a 100cm tall tent. She was a gorilla glue photoperiod done in a 4ltr pot and was about 18" tall. Looks like I should hit my target of 4oz. The nice thing about photos is the time you can spend training and then flip them when you're ready to utilise the space you have. Autos are much quicker though. I could've nearly completed 2 auto runs in the time it's taken to do this photoperiod.

Congratulations on your first harvest:goodjob: That's a nice result for your first attempt. Yeah 150cm would be considered low for most people but I've done all my growing in a 64cm tall cabinet and just harvested the first plant I've flowered in a 100cm tall tent. She was a gorilla glue photoperiod done in a 4ltr pot and was about 18" tall. Looks like I should hit my target of 4oz. The nice thing about photos is the time you can spend training and then flip them when you're ready to utilise the space you have. Autos are much quicker though. I could've nearly completed 2 auto runs in the time it's taken to do this photoperiod.
Hi Vet.Thats very interesting. I suppose you can flip to flower when the plant is the size you want. I bought 5 Super Silver Haze last fall that I thought I'd never use. Maybe I'll try them next grow if I get enough herb ahead... You got me thinking now. I hate wasting stuff (seeds) lol Do you think that the Super Silver will fit in my tent with a little training?

Yes it can be done. With training and not vegging for too long. Super silver haze is a great smoke too. Here's @Carcass current SSH grow in his small grow box.
Good Morning!

it's Tuesday, so time for a little update....
First, I want to mention that I've been a bit under the weather for the last 4 days or so...headache,sore throat, cough, etc....I thought/hoped it might just be a bad cold...but, this morning my sense of smell and taste have quit working, and we know what that means...the only symptom I don't have yet is a fever, but that's probably next....I'm feeling pretty good so far, but that no sense of smell thing has me a bit worried...

So anyway- I may be sick, but the SSH isn't- she's doing pretty well, the lower leaves are starting to fade a little...she's 104 days old today, flowering for 55 & getting a little fatter (and a few more foxtails) every day-
The Saugaview®:

She's being fed 4.5g/gal. MC (down from 4.75 a week ago)+4ml. Silica Blast , and .3g Bud Explosion:

And a few budshots- I think she's going to have plenty of foxtails by the time she's done...
not bad or good, just a bit ugly is all...they smoke just fine....

And finally, a silhouette shot:

According to the seed folks, she should have a minimum of 2 weeks to go, but I'm not
too sure about that...seems like she might not be that far out... although her trichomes are still mostly clear, so maybe she will go that long...we'll just have to see about that...

Thanks for looking! I appreciate the support!:peace:

And please, stay safe out there- I thought I was, but not safe enough, evidently....:straightface:

Good morning,
I'm estimating its about 10-11 weeks old.Not 100 % sure as it was probably flowering for a few days before I actually noticed? Its an auto flower "Auto Pounder"
Due to size restrictions I'm only able to grow autos.
Next 3 are Pineapple express,Northern Lights,Auto Doctor. Germinating now.
63 yr old here. Looks like ur doing great. Im on my 4 or 5th closet/tent grow. 2 Gorilla glue autos. 5 wks in.Ive has good luck in pots with fox farm ocean. Dont need many nutes. Been using 2 600 watt leds. Some snobs will critisize the cheaper ($80) lights. That they call "blurple". but. They've lasted and work for the size of space. I dont know why people are still using halide and other hot lights. Germinating non auto white widow and alaskan purple behind the gorillas.

20210211_064336.jpg

Back
Top Bottom