Is This Setup Capable Of Producing 1lb/mo?

cheetoburrito

Good day chaps!

Is this setup capable of producing the equiv. net of a 1lb/mo? Don't have a preference of type of plant just pure volume is number 1 concern.
Not using a c02 system or anything else just the way it comes. Yes, there are tons of variables but what is a
-HIGH YIELD
-LOW YIELD
-AVERAGE YIELD
That can be expected?
To reach 1lb/mo that would be 3lbs in a 3mo harvest or can using this hydro system vs soil can harvests be in 2mo?
Super Box | All In One 8 Plant Grow Box

If 8 plants won't achieve 1lb/mo rate what amount of plants would be needed?

CHEERS!

u'd b better off defining your parameters for this objective-- your yield will directly correlate to your ability to grow the thing. A 1lb/mo. perpetual garden is a very ambitious goal for the unread & untried... Tons of info/journals on this site @ your disposal.
good luck!

You need to do heavy research on strains available to you and be sure you choose wisely. Some strains yield better then others.

If you want one per month you'll need multiple setups which is more expensive of course and requires more diligence. You mentioned 3 pounds per 3 months so are you really saying you want to yield 3 pounds per harvest?

If that's the case I would say you need a minimum of three 1000w grow lights

That one is 18" by 24" just like the other one, just taller. My opinion is you couldn't get anything near 3 pounds
with a canopy that small. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

In short. Maybe.... in reality its very unlikely. Have a Google at stinkbuds process. "Harvest a lb every month" that should give u a very good idea of how much time effort money and experience it takes to do so. That's not to say you couldn't do it. But the math hardly works out with this setup.

I may be on the low side of yield averages but I'm fairly consistent in getting +/-4 ozs. off of plants that are 3'-4' outta the pot (5gal)-- generally bigger the pot, bigger the harvest...
there IS a noticeable difference between plants of the same cut/age, in different pot sizes... YMMV

Thanks for the input gentlemen!

Figuring 8 plants yielding 2oz each in that setup would be 1lb per harvest or a .3lb/mo output.
This is a very safe figure to work off of correct?
Is hydroponic growth really going to make harvests possible in 2months instead of 3? I know it depends on plant species but generally, is it really that much faster or more yield?

If this is the case I just need 3 of these boxes to get the 3lb harvest

for yields, generally you go long in veg state... this will not fit the time frame you're allowing for...
Auto-Flowering strains will get you about that time frame(3mos.?)-- or a lil longer i believe, you have to do research-- there are plants that do amzing things... maybe THE things you're looking for

the fastest i can get a regular seed to finish on average-- & make it worthwhile(YMMV)? Takes a couple o days to germ... about +/- 1.5mos. veg. time... +/- 3weeks in stretch to pre-flower... bloom to finish +/- 2.5 mos.
10days hanging after the chop n trim... +/- 2 weeks in a jar... then ENJOY!

My friend u don't need them boxes... GET A GROW TENT 4'x8'x7' or an 8'x8'x7'... sounds like you got the space-- tents r more versatile & come in diff sizes... very accommodating! & probably WAY cheaper!

evry1 worries about speed their 1st run... INSTANT GRATIFICATION RULES!, its natural... don't panic & soon enough your harvests will start coming together... zero the gaps between chops to what you can handle, be thankful, be humble, be kind, don't stunt, & stay LOW.

I agree with what LivenBurn said, don't buy those premade boxes....there a ripoff for what you actually get. For the 800$ that those boxes cost get this:

a 2x4 or 4x4 grow tent (100$)
a 400w HPS air cooled hood, light ballast, fan, scrubber ( 350$)
blue planet nutrients (75$)
pots, soil, timers, power strips, small circulation fan (100$)

This setup could get you close to 1lb every harvest which could be run 2x per year. If you set up 4-6 plants in a scrog setup, or do a lot of LST, topping training you will hit close to 1lb every harvest.

That my friend would be much better for your grow purposes...

In reply to the good info in the above posts... there is an upstairs room that is about 10x15 that should be filled to capacity after a small scale harvest is achieved then replicated. The idea is to generate as much as possible.

BUT....
It needs to be scentless and not be visible with a thermal camera from outside. The budget is around 5-7k from an empty room.

In reply to the good info in the above posts... there is an upstairs room that is about 10x15 that should be filled to capacity after a small scale harvest is achieved then replicated. The idea is to generate as much as possible.

BUT....
It needs to be scentless and not be visible with a thermal camera from outside. The budget is around 5-7k from an empty room.

^^^start there-- F the tent, boxes etc... flat white paint or panda the area... if you gotta insulate the room( & the room adjoining ), do that... put most of your $$$ on ENVIRONMENTAL control/nutrients & LIGHT! & get to know your hardware store... haha

Do the small scale in the BIG room, while getting it ready for the transformation to BIG scale... it'll be quicker than you thought possible once alls said & done...

Hydro is fast, but doesn't lend itself to being portable-- like pots filled w/soil.. to which most probs are isolated BTW...
Take your time & get to know some grow tales... now GO, get your seeds already...

rep livinburn, very good info you posted...

I wasn't aware that there was such a large area to build and budget available, I definitely agree that for that circumstance, screw then tents and start building your room, I would suggest isolating a smaller portion for a veg room so you can have a lot of bud, as well as a reduced cycle time. Lots of good videos on youtube on how to build a grow room and also tons of very good info here :)

Definitely focus on environmental control's like mentioned above, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, odor control, air circulation, AC, lighting and CO2.

Also get a grow journal started, include your construction of your room for others to follow along, admire, assist with help and problems as well as to share the knowledge of growing :)

Back
Top Bottom