Jack Herrer - Autoflower - Rust spots/crispy tips

Groundtop

Hey guys! I've attempted many grows, but mostly just bag seed. Decided I was going to order a few things to get started on my first real attempt at a grow and this is what I have so far:

Strain: Jack H. - Autoflower
Medium: Foxfarms cocoloco
Nutrients: foxfarm growbig [veg]
Nutrients: foxfarm tigerbloom [flower]

I have a small UFO light, nothing too powerful for a single plant as well as a small grow tent. In the past I have over fed my plants, so now I am overly cautious when it comes to feeding my plant. I think I've only fed it twice in its life since it has been planted [July 4th]. The other day I gave her a heaping helping of some ph'd water and I noticed she developed a few rusty spots and yellowing of the leaves. Also, I noticed the tips of the leaves start to tinge after the last nute feeding, so I backed off [did half of what was suggested] I did a little research and I noticed this could be a cal/mag deficiency or I am watering at a low ph causing a lockout. I do use liquid drops to test ph by color, and I try to aim for around 6.5ph, but you can only be so accurate with drops. Any suggestions you guys can give me? Am I on the right path? Sorry I'm very new so please go easy on a fellow grower! Thanks
20230906_192927.jpg
20230906_192921.jpg
20230906_192902.jpg
20230906_192847.jpg
20230906_192835.jpg
20230906_192819.jpg
20230906_192810.jpg
yellow and crispy tips
20230906_192755.jpg

I think she needs some Potassium...and probably a bit of Nitrogen too...in fact, some food in general
would do her nothing but good...
1694132770615.png

I think she needs some Potassium...and probably a bit of Nitrogen too...in fact, some food in general
would do her nothing but good...
1694132770615.png
Thanks for the info! With approximately a month left of bloom do you think it would still be beneficial to hit her with a good feeding of nutes?

You should be closer to 5.8-6 pH for coco.

I agree, the plant needs food.

They build buds during the last month. You should feed until the end.

Yes- You want her at her healthiest now, in fact all the way to the end.
I feed my plants every day, right up to harvest- I grow in a SIP, so when she gets watered, she gets fed.
In a regular pot, she should get fed with every watering also- If you're worried about burning her, try feeding 75% of the recommended dosage...

When I started seeing the crispy tips I immediately thought I over fed so I stopped. I'm just weary because in the past my downfall was doing things too hastily so I'm trying to keep it simpler this time around. I'll give her a good feeding! Thanks for the information fellers!

Hey @Groundtop

Just looked and coco loco pH should be between 6.3-6.8.

It is a buffered mix so you don't have to be exactly on the dot with your pH
The dolomite lime in it will correct your pH
Even if you feed at 5.8 it won't matter much but it's good to get your pH closer to the mark.

Sorry, I thought it was regular coco but it's a soil mix made with coir, heartworm castings,some other stuff and lime

Hey @Groundtop

Just looked and coco loco pH should be between 6.3-6.8.

It is a buffered mix so you don't have to be exactly on the dot with your pH
The dolomite lime in it will correct your pH
Even if you feed at 5.8 it won't matter much but it's good to get your pH closer to the mark.

Sorry, I thought it was regular coco but it's a soil mix made with coir, heartworm castings,some other stuff and lime
I appreciate the information! Thank you for that

Hey guys! I've attempted many grows, but mostly just bag seed. Decided I was going to order a few things to get started on my first real attempt at a grow and this is what I have so far:

Strain: Jack H. - Autoflower

I have a small UFO light, nothing too powerful for a single plant as well as a small grow tent. In the past I have over fed my plants, so now I am overly cautious when it comes to feeding my plant. I think I've only fed it twice in its life since it has been planted [July 4th]. The other day I gave her a heaping helping of some ph'd water and I noticed she developed a few rusty spots and yellowing of the leaves. Also, I noticed the tips of the leaves start to tinge after the last nute feeding, so I backed off [did half of what was suggested] I did a little research and I noticed this could be a cal/mag deficiency or I am watering at a low ph causing a lockout. I do use liquid drops to test ph by color, and I try to aim for around 6.5ph, but you can only be so accurate with drops. Any suggestions you guys can give me? Am I on the right path? Sorry I'm very new so please go easy on a fellow grower! Thanks
20230906_192927.jpg
20230906_192921.jpg
20230906_192902.jpg
20230906_192847.jpg
20230906_192835.jpg
20230906_192819.jpg
20230906_192810.jpg
yellow and crispy tips
20230906_192755.jpg
Beautiful girl my friend.
Coco needs to be kept wet at all times.
And fed full strength nutrients with calmag in first and set to 5.8 ph lastly.
Every day to runoff.
Try that she will be fine .
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Beautiful girl my friend.
Coco needs to be kept wet at all times.
And fed full strength nutrients with calmag in first and set to 5.8 ph lastly.
Every day to runoff.
Try that she will be fine .
Take care.

Bill284 😎
Feed everyday until runoff?

Feed everyday until runoff?
He thinks you are on regular coco too

Just follow what I told you and feed as needed for a soil grow

He thinks you are on regular coco too

Just follow what I told you and feed as needed for a soil grow
Sorry, it's not coco? :Namaste:

Bill284 😎

Sorry, it's not coco? :Namaste:

Bill284 😎
Coco loco is a buffered coir mix with aged forest products, earthworm castings, dolomite lime etc.

It isn't plain coco coir.

I checked the site and it said its pHed to 6.3-6.8

Sorry gentlemen, I should have been more specific on my medium! I appreciate all the information though! Fed the girl last night 😃

Sorry gentlemen, I should have been more specific on my medium! I appreciate all the information though! Fed the girl last night 😃
No worries my friend.
I should have noticed.
We just want everything to go well for you.
Coco Loco can be a bugger sometimes.
Straight coco or straight soil seem to be less complicated to work with for newer growers. :Namaste:
Hope she is great.:thumb:
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Keep in mind that the FoxFarm Grow Big and the Tiger Bloom should both be added once the plants start to flower. It is not a fertilizer program that stops the vegetating fertilizer and switches over to using just the flowering formula.

I did a little research and I noticed this could be a cal/mag deficiency
With approximately a month left of bloom do you think it would still be beneficial to hit her with a good feeding of nutes?
Yes, hit the plant with a dose of calcium and continue a combined Grow Big and Tiger Bloom for another 2 weeks.After that the Grow Big can be cut back or dropped. The coloring in the leaves is a sign that the plant is using up more nutrients than it is able to get from the soil at this point. It is not a fault of the soil but it happens because the plant's roots are limited to what is in the pot.

When the plant cannot get what it needs through the root system it will go the stockpiles stored in the leaves and sacrifice them. The idea behind continuing the fertilizing is to slow down the drain on the existing leaves and to keep those as healthy as possible for as long as possible.

My suggestion for the next grow is to use the Grow Big from the start through to the last couple of weeks and to start using the Tiger Bloom about two weeks before the flowering begins. If growing auto-flowers that means to start about the 2nd or 3rd week after the seedling stage whether it has start flowering or not.

Since you are using the Bush Doctor Coco Loco, which is more of a traditional soil mix, it would be worthwhile to add the FoxFarm's Big Bloom which is a very mild fertilizer but one that adds the micros and micro-organisms to the soil that help then helps the soil provide what the plant needs throughout its life cycle.

Follow the published dose chart available from FoxFarm and try to use the full amounts as shown on the chart for best results.

Back
Top Bottom