James' Soil - Multi-Strain 2012 Grow

Re: James' BPN Farmer's Pride Soil, Multi-strain 2012 Grow

I'm still figuring out exactly what I want to use.
I want some sort of container that will block the light but that I can pull the plant out to check root health.
That takes tape/paint away and I don't have normal sized containers now to get one thing for all.
I also need to make sure that it will work with the wick and hempy drain... Hmmmm

i would wrap the stem with something...it will heal with no movement...anything wet around your plants will raise the humidity...you need something to absorb the moisture like a container of snow melt...next time you want to lower a branch...pinch the stem with your thumb and forefinger until you feel a crunch...then just bend it over...thats called supper-cropping...check this outMedical Marijuana Cultivation 102: Super Cropping - YouTube

Hey Miwa.. thanks for the link, it's a good video!
I am not a big fan of supercropping, I have done it before and I know OMM has had great success with it. I learned a lot from OMM's tutorial!:high-five:
I just don't want to snap any branches unless necessary (like getting too close to the lights). Normally I hold my pointer and middle finger together then use my thumb to apply pressure between my other two fingers and slowly move along the branch to create a subtle curve. I did this to get it to the point I wanted it but then assumed it would go that extra 1/4 inch to get the hook below the rim... guess not!

I did get my humidity lowered in the clone tank, my meter broke but before that happened it was down to 86%.

I did make a bandage for it out of a rockwool cube:

IMAG14252.jpg

And it has grown a noticeable amount since so I believe it is going to make it!!:allgood::thanks:

Not a problem at all, ask anything, anytime. I'm lucky to have some very knowledgeable followers here that can be very helpful!

I am sorry to hear about that pesky little miscreant, I had one of my own this grow and 3 last grow. Crappy part was that the 3 last time were clones :scratchinghead:

Glad to have you stop by!!:welcome:

I've been doing a lot of work in my room replanting, re-tieing, etc etc. Now that I am done I will have some time to do an update on all of it!!

Alright the next one is Aunt Bernice, she is the one that received Uncle Ben's Topping method. She is also the one I fuggered up by splitting (although she has grown some and seems to be okay now!).

aunt_bernice_collage.jpg

aunt_bernice_UBT_collage.jpg

I pulled her out of the 3 gallon bucket she was in and put her in a 3 gallon grow bag that I plugged some holes on and filled the bottom with perlite to make a hempy. She seem to be happy now.

IMAG1485_cropped.jpg

The reason I replanted was my Ph kept dropping to 5 because there was no lime in my soil.... now she is in a hempy and has lime added in!!:thumb:

The only issue I am having with this one (other than the split stem) is the very tips of the new growth are twisting. I am assuming that is from the Ph swings that she has been going through and will get better, if anyone knows any differently please let me know!! I will try to post pictures of it with the update later.

Here is the FIMed lady Barbie.

Barbie_collage.jpg

Barbie_FIM_collage.jpg

I had to replant this one as well due to low Ph and no lime as a buffer.. I put this one in a 1 gallon hempy (will be in the next update later on).

My arm is separating the bottom of the plant and the branches above the FIMming point.
IMAG1402_edited.jpg
IMAG1404_edited.jpg

IMAG1480_edited.jpg

IMAG1479_edited.jpg

Here is a top shot:
IMAG1475_edited.jpg

Here is my cheese clone:
cheese_collage.jpg

This one is doing good and had been upgraded to a 1 gallon hempy instead of a 2L and has been topped again for another clone attempt.

Speaking of clones, they all seem to be doing good now and the power kush has a root poking out of the bottom, the 2 cheese and grape ape are all attached to the rockwool cubes but no roots out the bottom yet... soon I hope!

The new cheese and the celeste cuttings are still not rooted but were not taken that long ago, they are still upright and looking very healthy so I'm sure they will take.

I went to my local hydro store and while roaming around I found a solution to my light to roots issue...

IMAG14912.jpg

3 gallon grow bags, white on the outside and black on the inside. All of my hempy containers slide right into them to block the light but I can slide them out to check root health.:thumb:

Thank you very much MissBud!!!!

I was trying to keep them as low as possible until I received my new :morenutes:

Only problem is now I have them and I'm having constant Ph issues keeping them from growing. First they were too low, then I added lime and my run-off was 6.5... I was thinking perfect l finally have this issue licked and they can start growing again..... no growth no growth hempys are still soaked 2 days later... what the hell?

Just checked my Ph again to see why they aren't drinking/eating... 8.... DOH, too much lime!

So now instead of just needing to check the Ph and top/clone Aunt Bernice 4 times I get to Ph balance them, top AB, and when I tried running water through one of them it got stopped up and wasn't draining as fast as it should so I'm going to replant her again to see if I can get it right this time. This play time seems to never end!!

As I said I am going to top/clone the 4 main tops on Aunt Bernice. She is a couple inches taller than the rest and I have enough room to scoot my other plants over to give her more room to bush out but I need to keep the height down first.

Alright, finally time for some updates!!!

I replanted all the girls so I could add lime and remove the pro-mix. They are all hempy setups of various containers. Once I had them replanted they still were not growing and when I checked the lower leaves they looked like this:

leaf_collage.jpg

With my soil not getting any drier over 2 days and the life being sucked out of the lower leaves I figured my Ph was off again and the new growth was stealing from the lower leaves instead of through the roots.

I found my ph to be high again, I ran some water through and they were all back to 6.5 yesterday. In a little bit I'm going to go check them again and if all is good they will get another feeding.

I have seen new growth on all but 1 now (fugly) and they are at the shelf level which is when I wanted to switch them to 12/12. I have decided to not tie fugly back down and just let the 2 main tops grow up so they will catch up in height. I am hoping that Tuesday will be the day they get switched, as long as all the Ph's are good and they are showing a little growth from the next feeding.

The power kush clone showed a root out the side and one out of the bottom and received a new home in dirt for her efforts. (2L square apple juice container)

The Grape ape has about 7 roots starting to pop down but they are just not quite out the bottom of the cube yet so I will give this one a new home soon.

The clone that I took from Celeste is also doing great. This one I put in a red cup filled half way with perlite and then water until the perlite floated up about 1/2" from the bottom of the cup. She never even wilted in the slightest, and she was about 7 or 8 inches when I took her. The leaves have remained green with no signs of trouble. I decided to stick her in a 1 gallon hempy and went in the next day to find her weak and flopped over. I sprayed her and then checked the dirt.... When I planted her I forgot to water the container after she was in there:lot-o-toke:.. After giving her a little water she stood back up within 15 minutes and looked just as healthy as always!! This is what she looked like 5 days after getting cut when she went into dirt:

Down low:
celeste_clone.jpg

Up high:
celeste_clone_in_hempy.jpg

Here are the clones that I clipped from Aunt Bernice, I had to take 5 tops off to make her close to the right height. She is still taller than the rest but I'm just going to hope the others catch up. The one in the perlite cup is one of the two lowest branches that was 1 inch taller than the other branches so that was taken along with the 4 main tops.

IMAG1555_mini.jpg

I will have more updates soon, I will be fully updated before the 12/12 switchover!!!

Alright the next one is Aunt Bernice, she is the one that received Uncle Ben's Topping method. She is also the one I fuggered up by splitting (although she has grown some and seems to be okay now!).

aunt_bernice_collage.jpg

aunt_bernice_UBT_collage.jpg

I pulled her out of the 3 gallon bucket she was in and put her in a 3 gallon grow bag that I plugged some holes on and filled the bottom with perlite to make a hempy. She seem to be happy now.

IMAG1485_cropped.jpg

The reason I replanted was my Ph kept dropping to 5 because there was no lime in my soil.... now she is in a hempy and has lime added in!!:thumb:

The only issue I am having with this one (other than the split stem) is the very tips of the new growth are twisting. I am assuming that is from the Ph swings that she has been going through and will get better, if anyone knows any differently please let me know!! I will try to post pictures of it with the update later.

Aunt Bernice is a monster! You have done a great job on her! Your gonna have bud sites everywhere. :love:

:bravo:Well Done ! My Friend!:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom