Watered 1l @ 1100pm
Min-max 19.2-25.9, 52-64% RH

8/8
Watered 1l @ 730am
Watered 1l @ 730pm
Watered 1l @ 1100pm
Min-max 19.9-25.9, 51-61% RH

9/8 - 18 days after flip
So the girls stopped stretching a few days ago and starting making flowers.. for the purposes of going off the GH feedchat I'm calling that two weeks for 'transition' with 'flowering' starting from Monday the 5th, meaning each Monday I'll change to the next week's mix.

Is the slight yellowing/browning on the leaf tips normal? That's one flower from each plant and they're all doing it. Possibly worth noting that they haven't been flushed since the day after flip.

One of the plants has also stretched to where the tops are above the light... I'm going to try and rig something up tonight or tomorrow to pull them down and let them grow sideways but I'll be winging it a bit with that. I need to be able to pull its runoff reservoir out so tying them off to something hooked to the tent is far from ideal, but I can't think of anything else. Maybe some bamboo stakes in the pot or something?

Watered 1l @ 730am
Watered 1l @ 730pm
Watered 1l @ 1130pm
Min-max 19.9-25.4, 51-57% RH

Hey @d42zero! Awesome setup you've got going here, and i love the detailed journal you put together. You'll find it very helpful looking back on this journal as reference on your future grows. :high-five:
You've done a great job on these plants overall, awesome training! I'm late to the party, but looks like i'm just in time for the flower show. :slide:
I can think of many member that would of loved to follow your journal - get out there a bit and check out other journals to get more traffic your way.
Looking forward to see the bud you pull outta there! :ganjamon:

Hey @d42zero! Awesome setup you've got going here, and i love the detailed journal you put together. You'll find it very helpful looking back on this journal as reference on your future grows. :high-five:
You've done a great job on these plants overall, awesome training! I'm late to the party, but looks like i'm just in time for the flower show. :slide:
I can think of many member that would of loved to follow your journal - get out there a bit and check out other journals to get more traffic your way.
Looking forward to see the bud you pull outta there! :ganjamon:

Thanks! That's the idea, if this all goes well I should be able to just follow the script again :D It also helps me keep a routine, if I didn't have to update my log at 7:30pm every single day the girls would probably get neglected a bit.. since I'm a numbers nerd the logging is as much fun as the growing hehe :nomo: I reserved the 2nd post and will write a tl;dr of the whole grow once it's done so that people can see how it went without having to read through pages and pages of data, but it'll be there if they want it. I should have logged my nutes as well, but since I'm following a feedchart to the letter I can summarise that once I'm done :)

The girls are changing daily at the moment which is fun to watch... I dried up a bit on the photos for a while but they were just vegging and not much was changing, but now they're making changes I'll start taking more photos :)

11/8
Had a friend come around today and help to tidy up this mess:

Plant #3 (the runt of the litter, the one that took an extra week to shed her seed shell, is now six feet high o_O She ended up getting a little light burn :(

The damaged leaves were removed but the buds left, will see what happens with them. We ended up removing the runoff reservoir completely and putting her back into a round plastic tray about 2" deep on a trivet (to keep the roots out of the runoff) on the floor of the tent. Unfortunately this means I'm going to have to pump that tray out every day or two but there isn't any other way... I've trained the stems in a spiral pattern around the ring trellis but she's still way too tall, I'll try pulling her down a little more each day but there's only so much I'm going to be able to get out of doing that. She's also starting to bend over under her own weight, so I've had to tie her off to the top of the tent as shown in the pic below... this'll make the next couple of flushes a gigantic pain in the arse but it was all I could do.

In contrast, plant #1 (the one on which I used the 'nebula' manifolding technique that only required two cuts) is only about 3ft tall but wide and stocky... her bud sites are super close together so I think she's going to produce big fat single buds whereas the taller ones might create more thinned out ones. Time will tell and the real winner will be the one that yields the most, but the taller plants are WAY harder to work on so it might be better in the long run to go with the little guys even if they yield a bit less. Plant #1 is in the back left of this pic, little bit hard to see. I'll try to get some better photos in the next few days.

The stems hanging at the front are secondaries from the big tall plant... they only have a couple of bud sites at their ends so I may end up just removing them. Not really sure yet, I'm going to give them all 24hrs to stand back up towards the light then re-assess where we're at.

We also thinned out some of the bigger fan leaves from in the guts, leaving all the outer ones. They all got a 60L plain pH'd water flush followed immediately by a couple of litres of nutes to replenish. I can't be arsed mixing ~200L of nutes to flush with but so far flushing with plain water followed by a heavy watering with nutes has worked well.

Watered 1l @ 830am
Flushed 60l @ 6pm
Watered 2l nutes immediately after flush
Watered 1l @ 730pm
Watered 2l @ 1130pm
Min-max 18.4-24.3, 48-63% RH

12/8
Well this is the final result after some more tidying up... I bought some bamboo stakes and pushed them into the coco then zip tied them to the tomato ring to kind of extend it upwards a bit further, then took the main stems from the big six foot monster and wrapped them around in a spiral pattern. It was the only way I could think to get them all nice and tidy while still having them secured to the pot rather than the tent.

I still had to attach the top of the longest cola to the top of the tent, but that's much less of an issue than having all eight independently hooked to the tent.

Changing from a runoff reservoir to a tray has caused the humidity to jump up a few % though, my highs for the past few days are in the 60s whereas they were in the 50s before. I'll keep a close eye on that but it seems to be fairly constant so it should be ok.

Watered 1l @ 830am
Watered 1l @ 730pm
Watered 1l @ 1130pm
Min-max 18.4-24.9, 48-63% RH

Wow those girls were trying to shoot through the roof. Good to see her developing flowers! :high-five:
Have you ever supercropped branches?

Wow those girls were trying to shoot through the roof. Good to see her developing flowers! :high-five:
Have you ever supercropped branches?

I knooow they were pushing the top of the tent haha. I haven't supercropped yet, horizontal space is kind of limited for plants of this size so I was trying to keep them from getting too wide and I also didn't really have anything to secure them to once I'd weakened the branches. I considered a SCROG net but didn't want it too close to the light and I remove the plants from the tent for their fortnightly flush so didn't want them tangled in a net that's attached to the tent. Next time around I might try that if I notice a stretchy plant early on, but the shorter/squatter plant is HEAPS easier to work with so I'd much prefer to try and keep the girls that sort of size..

The plant that's short and squat is the one that was topped twice rather than three times, and was just generally easier to work with the entire grow so I'll definitely top all three plants that way next time and hope they come out like her :)

16/8 - day 14 of flower
It's been warmer than usual here today but things in the tent are starting to get a little FROSTY (sorry :laughtwo:):

It's so awesome watching them change each day :)

Watered 1l @ 730am
Watered 1l @ 730pm
Watered 1l @ 1130pm
Min-Max 18.8-23.8, 56-56% RH

:high-five:Looking great Jay! Always a good sign seeing the frost settling in nice and early. Your plants are looking strong and healthy and seem to be working overtime on getting those flowers going.
:passitleft:

:high-five:Looking great Jay! Always a good sign seeing the frost settling in nice and early. Your plants are looking strong and healthy and seem to be working overtime on getting those flowers going.

Thanks! I've done my best to give them a good environment so hopefully they've just gotta do what they do :D We're on day 20 of flower, to be honest I feel like this is going slowly but looking back on previous photos they're definitely filling out daily.

Speaking of environment, would you think my temp and humidity ranges from the last few days are good? I seem to be keeping them a pretty solid 20-25 degrees and 50-60% RH.

Cheers :)

You’ll be good if you can keep your temp and humidity in that range, as you get later into bloom you want to try and get it lower if possible, or at least ensure your grow doesn’t hit 60% often. :rollit:

You’ll be good if you can keep your temp and humidity in that range, as you get later into bloom you want to try and get it lower if possible, or at least ensure your grow doesn’t hit 60% often.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I've ended up with one plant in a runoff tray that's open to the air and that's bumped humidity up a bit, but I've noticed that if I pump the tray out every day or two as opposed to every 3-5 days the humidity stays a bit lower. I should be fine to keep it in the 45-55% range if I put in the work to drain the tray more regularly :)

Back
Top Bottom