JJambo's 3rd Grow, Non-Sponsored, From First Time Making Clones, Temple

JJambo

It's been a long time since my second grow and I've been perfecting my "Captain Style" setup. I ran multiple tests figuring out my lights, building my own swamp cooler as well as propagating and raising clones (all 100% success). This grow consists of a strain I cloned because I liked the structure it gave that fits my style of growing with the equipment I have on hand. The last couple runs over the last months I really got to learn about a lot of characteristics between about 20 strains. Granted, I did not flower each to completion as I was getting clones at random from a friend of mine. Some grew light green no matter how many nutes you threw at it and others grew stretchy no matter how close you put the light to it (which were never related, btw). Things that I would have blamed my environment instead of just a genetic trait. Im still definitely a beginner in this hobby and still have more to learn. That being said lets get onto the journal already in progress (1 week into flowering).

The strain I am currently flowering is a strain given to me labeled Temple 7. Though not as bushy as some of the more indica dominant strains, LST'ing did help bush her out a lot. I don't want too thick of a canopy with my LED light although I did train her to be squat and spread out. I have removed the ties that I had on them after a week into flowering. The stems stayed in the same shape from my last harvest so I'm gonna try it again this round. As a matter a fact, I ordered yo yo's for this round because I had no trellis to support the buds last time.

I'll update more on this thread throughout the weeks. Hopefully get a nice quality from this round.

Some pics

IMG_146030.JPG

The six I cloned of my choice strain.

IMG_147030.JPG

Although all succeeded, 4 rooted and developed at about the same rate.

IMG_147125.JPG

The return duct for my humidifier. This helps by sharing the load of my exhaust to get rid of the heat shot out from the led. My temps used to top out at 83 deg with 55% humidity. Now temp is 74 and humidity at 65 to 70% humidity. Temps drop to 68 with lights off with humidity never exceeding 70%.

IMG_147333.JPG

Home made swamp cooler. The two original humidifiers I had seized up from being run 24/7. At 80.00 a piece replacing each grow was not an option. Built for about 80.00. Much, much quieter and modular which helps on repair/replacement costs. Went from 57% at most in the summer to easily 70% in the winter. Gravity fed with a float valve from the same reservoir with RO water.

IMG_147429.JPG

Speed control for fine tuning of humidifier.

IMG_149224.JPG

A little sad after the transplant

IMG_150840.JPG

Recovered well. Time for some training.

IMG_156529.JPG

More training.

IMG_157628.JPG

Taken today. One week into flowering. Still room for vertical growth and still room to widen them out if needed.

Okay. First day of week three in flowering. Not much development except that the stretch finally slowed it's roll. This strain is a stretcher as it EASILY doubled in size from switching to 12/12. Some calyx's are coming in but not as developed as my other two grows at this stage of flowering. The lower 3rd was trimmed improving light penetration and air movement below the canopy.

IMG_160331.JPG

Before the trimming.

IMG_161028.JPG

After the trimming.

IMG_161129.JPG

Canopy shot. Lights are 30 min from turning off. Slight droop.

Update in a couple weeks.

Here we are at the 1st day of week 5. Looking good so far. Trichs are loading up bud don't see many calyxs yet. I do remember on my last grow that the Lemon head (sativa dom) had a late growth spurt with tons of calyxs forming the last week before I chopped. I might have harvested that one a little early for all I know. The smell is very fruity with hints of burnt smell. Kind of like a burnt electronics smell from a bad power supply is the way I would describe it anyways. An edit to the above post: I meant to say the node spacing is more than double from my last grow and really not directed at the size of the plants. Things have moved along very nice so far with no major hiccups.

IMG_165031.JPG

A view with both spectrum's on. A little cramped in there but still good development on lower branches.

IMG_165337.JPG

With a view through the glasses meant for the led lights to bring out the green.

IMG_165229.JPG

A shot of the even canopy. Good light coverage.

46 days into flowering and I don't think I'm really seeing any change in the weeks that have passed. It's like they've stopped doing anything for the past couple weeks. Lots of trichs just no new calyx development in numbers. Hopefully it fills out in the next couple weeks as I'm seeing about half clear half milky trichs with the loop. Now based on my first and only completed grow, I can say that even though these plants lack calyx development, more leaves are completely covered in sugar. Doesn't really help me when it comes time to trim all those leaves off. I really wanted buds and not tons of trim and larf but I can make some good hash I suppose. When I trimmed all the undergrowth, I thought it would stay gone. Guess I was wrong as there is tons of undergrowth that could have been trimmed again but that means more handling of the plants and pulling them out of the tent when the branches werent really strong to begin with.

This is my last grow as my new job simply doesn't give me any time to pay close attention to these grows. It was a short learning experience and had a lot of fun doing it. Here's some pics.

IMG_168233.JPG

Canopy shot

IMG_168726.JPG

Looks good and smells awesome. Lots of trichs.

IMG_169132.JPG

So much spacing between nodes and no filling in yet.

Forgot to add that my system is really meant for a "carpet" of buds than trying to cram in strains that stretch too much during the transition to 12/12.

10 weeks today flowering. Been light feeding and dropping temps down for the last week (air and water to the roots). Not going to do a full flush because of the light feeding (many yellowing fan leaves). Full darkness for the next three days. I wish I would have lollipoped the plants more for bigger buds up top. Also, alot of the lowest undergrowth foxtailed like crazy. Definitely a different grow pattern from the top buds. I was wondering why my buds weren't as dense or big as my last couple grows. SO much undergrowth its ridiculous. This strain just got away from me with so many hours at work. Took some pictures with the lights of and a flash with the camera to show off the frostiness.

IMG_174626.JPG

A top view. Yellowing and purple colors showing.

IMG_174034.JPG

Underneath lots of fluffy bud. Trichs are still cloudy with some amber, though.

IMG_172733.JPG

Side view to show how crammed it is in that tent.

Sorry. Nine weeks. Too much work. Started flush yesterday and going to harvest this weekend. 72 hrs a week are too much.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom