Jock Horror Autos That Did Not Auto

Re: Jock Horror Autos that didn't Auto

I have been enjoying the bottom bud big time these last few days.
The plan is to enjoy *all* the bottom popcorn bud while I wait for the top to mature.

A compromise that is keeping me supplied..:volcano-smiley:

Also hairs on my plants have long withered but its not a indication of the plant being ready.
Its a sign that the plants are aging but not ready.

Today it has been 8 weeks in Bud Mode for the two Jock Horrors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your buds are starting to swell a bit by the looks of the Buds Top

Your plants still have lots of white hairs and are looking healthy they will fill right out
in these coming weeks.
They still have lots of time left , 3 or more weeks , I would Imagine.

hey bud , how's things? glad to hear no problems with your grow !!!! question~hey ledbud, how are you ? my skinny plant seems to keep growing even though it is only a 1/8" to 1/4" per day ... of these 2 nlh#5 X ssh this skinny plant has always seemed about a week behind even though they were planted at the same time(until its crazy stretch):thanks: ,,,,, it is frosty but pistils still 95% white and trichs still white .... it keeps putting up new top cola sugar leaves ....do you think it reverted back to veg and if so ????? i have also been pulling some nice mid buds from skinny , properly drying and curing !!!!!!!!! a cerebral type high ....great for insomnia ! do you have any photo's of amber trich's ??

The Rain has hit my area this week , putting a damper on the dog walks.
Although a big bowl in the Vape and a umbrella alleviate the problem well enough.

Your plants are doing their thing and are growing getting bigger / stronger faster..stinkier
What your noticing is they have a long way to go.
the Buds are still in the youngish stage , wait for them to swell up like pineapples !

``````````````````

My plants Buds are starting to swell .. I see good things in their future.

They seem to still have about 2 more weeks left.

I will have to have a look at the trichomes.

Since the buds are not ready I have not been monitoring the trichomes colors

But
I will take some microscope photos later today and post them before the days over.

it is just that one plant led, "skinny" the other is beautiful (fatty cola grenade) on 12/21 /15 the 2 plants will be 60 days old.....could skinny slipped back to veg ?? or you believe just not finished with growth ? (fatty cola grenade) has stopped growing at least 2 weeks ago and is putting all its energy into flower production. damn they are sweet :)

the young bud does seem to have have a nice bright high , I use weed for sleep as well and let me tell you i have been sleeping good lately :hookah:

I have been really enjoying the early bottom popcorn bud , plants are starting to look very well trained haha , lollipoped !

i have also been pulling some nice mid buds from skinny , properly drying and curing !!!!!!!!! a cerebral type high ....great for insomnia !

glad your able to enjoy your work man! and i agree if the buds are not giving you any signs that it is done then i would let them grow :circle-of-love:

I took a bunch of Photos yesterday and lost them again.. I reinstalled the program today and that fixed the problem.
The issue was the folder they were appointed was deleted so any new photos did not have a place to be stored.

Onward with the Microscope photos of a bud with a few amber trichomes

Sun_Dec_06_12-55-57.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-55-28.jpg

This is a aged bud hair / Pistle
Sun_Dec_06_12-54-47.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-54-08.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-53-02.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-52-53.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-52-31.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-52-08.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-50-05.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-49-59.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-49-26.jpg

Sun_Dec_06_12-46-19.jpg

great photo's led, what % amber trichromes is your goal....... my 2 plants seem to be at a standstill ...... on 12/21/15 the plants will be 2 months flower........no sign of any amber yet ...... i got a cola that is , as you would say the width of 2 broom handles and almost the length of one , LOL.......... my other beauty named bushy has what i think you called kind of a white flower on top, this bud/cola also has that grenede look and the width of a soda can and about 10'' in length ...........thanks for the micro pics , very cool !!

I am thinking 50/50 cloudy / amber will be when I harvest but it really depends on the plant ..
If the leaves fall off and the buds look like they are about to burst from the swelling they will be ready enough to harvest
regardless of having 50/50 amber.

````````

Your tall plants Bud will fatten right up I bet it gets bigger then the bushier plants buds once its finished :hookah:
Funny stuff ! as tall as a broom handle ,its going to be sweet at harvest time ..it will fattens up.
If the flower top elongates into a tower with a white flower top the end is approaching
They will make a spindly type stalk with the flower on top , after 1 week of that I usually harvest as the swell will of mostly ended.

I figured out the USB microscopes program and have changed the up-scaled resolution to 720p
turns out it has options to up-scale it to 1080p and about 5 resolutions past it which would work well for 10x12 or larger prints.

I am liking the Micro Photos myself , not too bad for $20 :volcano-smiley:

A few Micro shots from a top leaf

Tue_Dec_08_22-44-17.jpg

Tue_Dec_08_22-47-48.jpg

Tue_Dec_08_22-52-37.jpg

Tue_Dec_08_22-51-53.jpg
Tue_Dec_08_22-53-27.jpg

From the various photos I have noticed that the trichomes start off by producing hair like growths from a sub-surface gland that later become saturated in clear resins.

Frosty girl !!

It's *probably* resin that is oozing from a heavily over producing THC / resin gland.

That kind of Resin production is a awesome trait !

Are there more globs like that on the plants ?

:volcano-smiley:

that is crazy ive never seen anything like it but does kinda resemble a huge resin gland haha

Update report

Week 10 and the Buds have officially turned rock hard I kid you not.
This morning I squeezed the Buds from both plants and noted they did not squeeze instead they resisted the squeeze.

Last week the squeeze test gave poor results with spongy feeling Buds , I am blanking happy this morning after the test.
My patience has been wore thin waiting for the plants to ripen , good thing I had the bottom scrag bud to smoke to hold me over.

I'm going to *always* leave the bottom undergrowth to flower for the early Bud , its been holding me off for 2 weeks now.
:volcano-smiley:
I usually cut the mature top of the plant and leave the bottom scrag to grow and ripen but it takes time to get ripe , smoking it early elevates the issue but cuts down on the harvest size , so its 6 in one hand 1/2 dozen in the other once again.

The estimate is they will take 7 - 10 more days to completely and utterly finish.

Photos to follow

hey ledbud , how are you ? you at harvest yet /? my lower leaves are starting to yellow and on the 21st it will be 60 day flower ( a total of 100 days including germ) . i have noticed over the last few weeks that neither of the two plants are growing anymore or producing fatter buds. not drinking all their water like they used too ....... my trichromes still have no amber ..... i have snuck off a few mid buds dried and cured and i like it. i may harvest on the 21st...... here are a few pics.. NLH#5 X SSH. the photo on the right is what grew on top of the left photo (cola from the short and stocky)
cola311.jpg
e2f82ad3-ac43-4a3a-b039-420e94ebc749.jpg
fe593f86-9278-4f15-9187-c51bf5269571.jpg
a8d5fbce-3fc8-4a76-a22d-158e6cb81a96.jpg
a 16'' cola from tall and skinny , that makes me smile, biggest cola i ever produced !!!!
053a362d-6b21-4c1a-bb57-aa5f030e0d8d.jpg

random frosty bud........ the 2 plants are very very sticky , nice aroma and i have trichs running all the way up my super indica fan leaves....... i say they are ready !!

ledbud, what day in flower are the above pictures from ? i am using a standerd magnifying glass and i can see my white frosty trichs standing at attention. i assume i would notice if any were amber....

Hi chgb , I am well and am just starting to smoke some Bud from the little left plant that got a little light damaged more so they were the center top buds that took the brunt of the lights output and at the closest range. So they were ready ahead of time and tanned a light brown color even though they were alive and somewhat well , this coming weeks bud supply ! (loven it)

The last trichome Photos were taken the day they were posted , but are not indicative of the *whole* plants ripeness just a sample from the very top of the plant while the middle of the plant remains white.

You have to look at the whole plant when you are deciding to cut it , some people take the top bud first and wait for the middle to ripen.
I myself like to wait until the middle is also ripe before I harvest.

My plants are barely drinking as well , like barely as in watering every 5 days..Yet they are growing , I think they are making mass , more then passing gas right now ;)

```````````````````
Your the Captain of your ship so your plants are ready when *you* say their ready !

I will say they are coming along nicely !

Good Job !!
You will be able to easily spot some amber trichomes with a magnifying glass , easily

I would surely wait for them to make their appearance before harvesting
They will "often throw a skinny looking flower extension that indicates their end is near.

``````````````````

hey ledbud , how are you ? you at harvest yet /? my lower leaves are starting to yellow and on the 21st it will be 60 day flower ( a total of 100 days including germ) . i have noticed over the last few weeks that neither of the two plants are growing anymore or producing fatter buds. not drinking all their water like they used too ....... my trichromes still have no amber ..... i have snuck off a few mid buds dried and cured and i like it.
i may harvest on the 21st...... here are a few pics.. NLH#5 X SSH. the photo on the right is what grew on top of the left photo (cola from the short and stocky)
i say they are ready !!

good to hear they are getting dense man i was thinking 10 weeks is a long time for sure!

Back
Top Bottom