Jock Horror Autos That Did Not Auto

Re: Jock Horror Autos that didn't Auto

Apparently 100% females with a accurate identification is the norm.

I have not yet tried to identify the females , looking forward to your results.

I will check a few seeds I have laying around and see what I notice.

ill have to see if i get some good female to male ratio's using the chart you put up

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Nice to have a another Guest Celt , Welcome.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Its about time for a Photo update , I will post some updates later today.

This chart shows where the Par light is in the light spectrum.

Light-spectrum.jpg

Forgot to Welcome you ! , It makes it more interesting to post when people visit.. welcome to the thread !

I"ll take cuttings about 8 or 10 inches long off the end of the lowest branches. I find it gives the clone ahead start if it of good size has healthy leaves and is left to root under a dome of any description.

I improvised the clone dome by using a small cooler with picture frame glass over it , placed some warm white CFL's over it and boom a instant cloner.

hey led, how was your harvest on the jack auto's ??? correct me if i am wrong........does light schedule for an auto really matter ? never cloned before but it looks like you got it down !! is a clone an aux shoot from a known female ? thanks .....

4 weeks into flower for the Jock Horrors.

Lefty (on the left) is compact and Ruderalis like in its appearance , Righty is taller ,wider with 50 to 60% more branches / Buds.

This week I have the panels tilted to the right , 550 watt draw which is 70w sq.ft in the 2x4 cabinet.

4_weeks_into_bud_014.JPG

If you tilt the panels you get side lighting that penetrates more effectively then having them directly overhead.

With the high noon position the first layer of leaves absorb most of the light energy. With side lighting the light passes threw multiple layers of canopy.

4_weeks_into_bud_013.JPG

4_weeks_into_bud_012.JPG

4_weeks_into_bud_011.JPG

Trichomes are starting to cover the buds and leaves.

4_weeks_into_bud_019.JPG

4_weeks_into_bud_018.JPG

I have en route a 20-800x 2MP USB microscope I bought for some Bud close ups. I am not sure of its *actual* power or resolution , being it was $20 the magnification and resolution could be lower. Much lower.

Here is a close up of the base of a Bud taken with a electron microscope , magnification is probably well over 3000x

Cannabis_under_electron_microscope.jpg

hey ledbud........ i can identify most of the parts of the bud in that pic.......but do you know what the colorful heads are /?

awesome bud pic for sure man. and ladys are starting to look frosty

Thanks arellanobrian , they are getting frostier by the day, a nice expression on the plants part and a sign of good things/strength to come.

This last 4th week the Buds have *started* to come together into colas , next week they should be in mini cola form.

In the meanwhile:

I have been vaporizing the leaf I pull for thinning and surprisingly it is giving me some nice vapor hits on the vaporizer. It has a bright uplifting high that is quite pleasing , funny stuff haha but true enough..

like they say desperate times call for desperate measures.. I am waiting with baited breath on this harvest.

Thats no fun it could be driver error or as you suggest inaccurate it may even be subjective.

I am going to run a test with some regular seeds , I can use a USB microscope for photos of the attachment points.

A Microscope photo test will provide a accurate non disputable identification of the depressions before planting in marked pots.

I enjoy running tests , it will be run objectively.

Thats no fun it could be driver error or as you suggest inaccurate it may even be subjective.

I am going to run a test with some regular seeds , I can use a USB microscope for photos of the attachment points.

A Microscope photo test will provide a accurate non disputable identification of the depressions before planting in marked pots.

Good luck!!! I hope you have better success then me. It would be great for the regular seeds I have if it would work!!!! :peace:

WEEK 6 defoliated

Week 6 in Bud

I have been wanting to try and finally did some defoliation on the plants to increase light penetration and subsequently the yield.
After reading some threads on the technique over the last umpteen dozen years I feel confident it will increase the yield as advertised.

The two plants had a thick thick canopy of shade leaves that did just as their name implied shade the inner branches and bud sites.

*I have been removing fan leaves from the bud branch ends to give the Colas some light threw out growth and did One light inner thinning before flower*

before
6_weeks_in_bud_degoiliated_Jock_Horrors_004.JPG

starting to defol lefty
6_weeks_in_bud_degoiliated_Jock_Horrors_008.JPG

Lefty is done
6_weeks_in_bud_degoiliated_Jock_Horrors_015.JPG

Righty is next
6_weeks_in_bud_degoiliated_Jock_Horrors_016.JPG

and Completed

6_weeks_in_bud_degoiliated_Jock_Horrors_032.JPG

I noticed the plants pulled their branches inward after the treatment , today I will use some re-bar wire to tie them down and open them up with.
Re-bar wire is very flexible easy to twist / bend , its used to tie re-bar before concrete is poured.

hey led , your ladies are stunning !!!!! ...... i see you are at week 6 in flower , how long before harvest? led, it is ok to remove some bottom growth and fan leaves during flower ? i am growing NLH#5 X SSH photoperiod .....these two plants are showing their indica traits with fan leaves the size of my hand ............. at day 25 in flower , thanks:thanks:

Thank you , such a nice compliment ! , I guesstimate they will be ready in about four weeks.
they still have white hairs everywhere and have not filled in very much at all.

```````````````````````````
Many many people remove *all* the bottom growth leaves branches anything green either before flower or during lollpopping as its called. Most Lollipop before flower mode.
The technique has merit and works well with some defoliating. there are some great threads on it on this site.

I think 6 weeks into bud is somewhat late to defol but I did it anyways as they have near a month left and needed to be opened up.

Glad I did it will improme the harvest quality.

`````
I will check out your NLH#5 X SSH grow , if have a journal started

```````````````````````````

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Wired open Righty a few hours ago now the plant is ready to flower like mad :volcano-smiley:

6_weeks_defol_wired_open_002.JPG

6_weeks_defol_wired_open_001.JPG

6_weeks_defol_wired_open_005.JPG

6_weeks_defol_wired_open_004.JPG

thanks led, so you are going for a 10 week flower / or when you feel they are ready to suit you ....... looking good !!!!! i did a trim an opened up the "bushy" plant after reading your post (my other NLH#5 X SSH girl had a huge stretch after switching to 12/12 she looks like a northern pine, 6" spaces between nodes on main stalk, dont need trimming there ,lol) to allow for more light to get light into the plant .... the aux shoots at the bottom had these tiny tiny bud sites and with this strains heavy indica trait the fan leaves are huge !!!!!!
just from this trim it looks healthier ......:thanks::420:

i do not have a journal for this small grow :-( it is in my head (oh boy !)

hey led, how was your weekend? ....... have you ever dealt with anything like this ? called "main line training"....... i would like to try this on my 15 day old fem~auto PINK AMNESIA X NYSD

QQ_2015111011355011.png
IMG_0226471.JPG

Back
Top Bottom