Just released

CFL's - that brings back memories ! looks like you are make some very good improvments - Glad you are a member ! You do know that you will Up-grade again (everybody does it) Peace

i started under banks of flourescents. used to think that was the hot shit. there wasn't much else unless you stole a streetlight lol

:welcome: to the forum @Renewal :passitleft: ...:hmmmm: I'm guessing I've been real lucky for just over 15 years now, cuz I've never heard of VPD :reading420magazine: , I just look at my plants and ask, what do you really want :morenutes::morenutes:...as far as lights, hell I used to grow with CFLs and in Miracle Grow no less, and that's the best teacher, trial and error, and lots of mistakes :rofl:...now I have 2 small 200 watt LEDs for my little veg closet, but I still use HIDs in my flower tent, it may take a little bit, but you'll get your groove on :thumb::goodluck: ...oh forgot to say, I'm completely organic now, but still use Fox Farms soil as my base :snowboating:

You’ve likely dealt with the consequences of VPD many times and never even realized it. Whether it was moving your lights, increasing your feeding schedule, raising your temperature or adjusting your humidity. VPD is one of those efficiency things more so than a requirement. If you know your VPD you can push other aspects of the grow harder. After 15 years, you’ve probably already learned the little signs and have learned to make the adjustments needed without having to know your exact VPD. Which is why I said this:

it pales in comparison to actually putting my own eyes and hands on the plant itself. This is why some of the best growers have had zero formal education and yet they grow the most majestic plants you’ve ever seen and the knowledge they hold isn’t quantifiable

Native Americans didn’t understand the science behind fertilizing, nor did they know about bacteria and fungus, yet they knew exactly how to grow everything they needed to sustain large population centers with agriculture and without destroying the land for future generations. Experience often trumps education.

You’ve likely dealt with the consequences of VPD many times and never even realized it. Whether it was moving your lights, increasing your feeding schedule, raising your temperature or adjusting your humidity. VPD is one of those efficiency things more so than a requirement. If you know your VPD you can push other aspects of the grow harder. After 15 years, you’ve probably already learned the little signs and have learned to make the adjustments needed without having to know your exact VPD. Which is why I said this:

Native Americans didn’t understand the science behind fertilizing, nor did they know about bacteria and fungus, yet they knew exactly how to grow everything they needed to sustain large population centers with agriculture and without destroying the land for future generations. Experience often trumps education.
:rofl: I appreciate that my friend, and I realize I don't come on the forum as often as I used to, but when I did, I was known as a sarcastic ass...in a nice way, but still a sarcastic ass :slide:...just for future reference, I think, not positive, but pretty sure I've read just about every cannabis grow book since Jorge Cervantes, The Grow Bible, and most recent, TLO style (the rev) v1 and v2...Take a walk through my garden and take a look, here's my most recent 2 a Blackberry Gum, and a Girl Scout cookies...they're getting ready for the flower tent, that why they're in the middle of the room :headbanger:

013.jpg

:hmmmm: ah yeah, still working on them hardwood floors, they're over a hundred years old :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

:rofl: I appreciate that my friend, and I realize I don't come on the forum as often as I used to, but when I did, I was known as a sarcastic ass...in a nice way, but still a sarcastic ass :slide:...just for future reference, I think, not positive, but pretty sure I've read just about every cannabis grow book since Jorge Cervantes, The Grow Bible, and most recent, TLO style (the rev) v1 and v2...Take a walk through my garden and take a look, here's my most recent 2 a Blackberry Gum, and a Girl Scout cookies...they're getting ready for the flower tent, that why they're in the middle of the room :headbanger:

013.jpg

:hmmmm: ah yeah, still working on them hardwood floors, they're over a hundred years old :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Yep, majestic! 😂 so are the floors (I love old school hardwood so much)

When it comes to something like growing, I’ll take someone with experience over someone with education any day. There’s just too many variables that you can only really figure out by being there in person putting your hands on it and experiencing it.

Thankfully I don’t have to choose and get the best of both worlds being here in this community :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom