Just released

Renewal

420 Member
I just got back into the state where things are cool now. I haven’t had the ability to learn about certain principals because I didn’t have the internet and it’s information available for researching, etc. I am interested in more learning such as learning about VPD as I have since checking this out.

There’s a vpd calculator sheet you can download, need to register (its free) and the site is - huh not sure - but pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd looks similar.

Check it out and ai’ll see if I can find the other one.

Loads of experience round here (me not included in that bunch so sure someone will jump in. Probably let them know region (back ground temps/Rh) and grow style/medium

Good luck and enjoy the air!

Nick

Hey Renewal :)

Glad your in a state where things are legal now, what a tragedy that people get locked up for just possessing a medicinal plant, truly backwards and hopefully my country follows suit with legalisation asap.

I use VPD Chart to check the correct VPD, it offers a suitable range and also references leaf temperature which is vital to monitor to get the correct VPD. You can't just use environmental temperature as with LEDs the leaves will often be 2-3c cooler. HIDs I think heats the leaf up to about the same as the air.

I personally watch a lot of videos on youtube to learn but this forum is of course a huge wealth of information with loads of incredibly helpful members. I'm sure you'll love it.
Anyway best of luck on your journey friend and welcome to the forum :peacetwo:

Hey Renewal :)

Glad your in a state where things are legal now, what a tragedy that people get locked up for just possessing a medicinal plant, truly backwards and hopefully my country follows suit with legalisation asap.

I use VPD Chart to check the correct VPD, it offers a suitable range and also references leaf temperature which is vital to monitor to get the correct VPD. You can't just use environmental temperature as with LEDs the leaves will often be 2-3c cooler. HIDs I think heats the leaf up to about the same as the air.

I personally watch a lot of videos on youtube to learn but this forum is of course a huge wealth of information with loads of incredibly helpful members. I'm sure you'll love it.
Anyway best of luck on your journey friend and welcome to the forum :peacetwo:
Yeah there's great links there - Mr Growit has a cool eBook for about $5 - its my quick refferal guide when I'm out the house and panicking. And BugBee (Is it really his real name!) is excellent on light, Co2 and EC science. Love his stuff.

I just got back into the state where things are cool now. I haven’t had the ability to learn about certain principals because I didn’t have the internet and it’s information available for researching, etc. I am interested in more learning such as learning about VPD as I have since checking this out.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
Have you had a chance to start a garden yet?

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Renewal

What type of growing are you interested in?
Have you tried to grow anything before?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to the forums! Make sure you start a grow journal when you get a chance. The knowledge you’ll gain alone is worth the hassle of figuring it out.

VPD is the gas pedal for your plants. It dictates how hard your plants are going to work. The RH of the air impacts how fast or how slow your plants transpire. More RH in the air less transpiration, this is why we want seedlings and cuttings in a low VPD environment so they’re not working with their engine at full tilt before they’re even ready for it.

Once we hit flower the plants all ready for you to slam the gas pedal and haul butt which is why we then remove RH from the air and allow the plant to work harder.

That’s VPD in a nutshell, it’s more nuanced than this since there’s so many different styles of growing however the premise is the same.

Yeah there's great links there - Mr Growit has a cool eBook for about $5 - its my quick refferal guide when I'm out the house and panicking. And BugBee (Is it really his real name!) is excellent on light, Co2 and EC science. Love his stuff.
Welcome to the forums! Make sure you start a grow journal when you get a chance. The knowledge you’ll gain alone is worth the hassle of figuring it out.

VPD is the gas pedal for your plants. It dictates how hard your plants are going to work. The RH of the air impacts how fast or how slow your plants transpire. More RH in the air less transpiration, this is why we want seedlings and cuttings in a low VPD environment so they’re not working with their engine at full tilt before they’re even ready for it.

Once we hit flower the plants all ready for you to slam the gas pedal and haul butt which is why we then remove RH from the air and allow the plant to work harder.

That’s VPD in a nutshell, it’s more nuanced than this since there’s so many different styles of growing however the premise is the same.
I second that - each time one grows something new is learned !!

I second that - each time one grows something new is learned !!

So so so true.. I can understand the science behind everything all I want, however it pales in comparison to actually putting my own eyes and hands on the plant itself. This is why some of the best growers have had zero formal education and yet they grow the most majestic plants you’ve ever seen and the knowledge they hold isn’t quantifiable

Hi new friend!

Tons of growers here, tons of information for you.

Welcome to the forum and please don't hesitate to ask anyone if you need anything!

Look forward to seeing a grow and/or just watching you learn!

What’s your taste in highest mol led available for a decent price.
@VIVOSUN has some brilliant equipment.
AeroLight system is well priced.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

@Mars Hydro and @VIVOSUN are both sponsors and quite a few members here swear by them.

I went with a commercial grade fixture manufactured in America personally. It cost quite a bit more than what the sponsors lights cost though, however I never have to consider whether or not it can handle what I throw at it. I’m also extremely concerned with fire safety (my house was built in the 50s) so I wasn’t willing to purchase anything that wasn’t designed and manufactured here.

BCDE11BA-5562-4919-85DC-285A42047375.jpeg

@ViparSpectra recently released a light with almost an entire point more in efficiency and seems to be working great for @StoneOtter

I believe it is called the KS5000.. If I wanted to purchase a light, I’d probably get that one.

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family. CL🍀

:welcome: to the forum @Renewal :passitleft: ...:hmmmm: I'm guessing I've been real lucky for just over 15 years now, cuz I've never heard of VPD :reading420magazine: , I just look at my plants and ask, what do you really want :morenutes::morenutes:...as far as lights, hell I used to grow with CFLs and in Miracle Grow no less, and that's the best teacher, trial and error, and lots of mistakes :rofl:...now I have 2 small 200 watt LEDs for my little veg closet, but I still use HIDs in my flower tent, it may take a little bit, but you'll get your groove on :thumb::goodluck: ...oh forgot to say, I'm completely organic now, but still use Fox Farms soil as my base :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom