Hydroponic fan

Neural

420 Member
Hello!
Nice to meet you all! I’m Andrew, from Malta.
I’m interested in hydroponic growing and I’m looking for a place to share informations and learn more stuff!
On the internet nowadays you find any kind of information and discussing them in a forum I think it’s a good way to compare them!

Pleasure to be here!

Hello!
Nice to meet you all! I’m Andrew, from Malta.
I’m interested in hydroponic growing and I’m looking for a place to share informations and learn more stuff!
On the internet nowadays you find any kind of information and discussing them in a forum I think it’s a good way to compare them!

Pleasure to be here!
Hey @Neural :ciao: welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:

Stay safe:cool:
Bill284

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Neural

Beautiful place Malta, excellent outdoors growing area too.
I was there around 2003-4.

What type of hydroponic are you currently doing, or want to learn about?
Is this indoors, if so what type of setup do you use?

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Eheh yes it is, unfortunately i'm having to do it indoors for now.
I'm trying some hydro, 2nd time i do it and first was soil! So im VERY beginner. Im trying to look up for any information i can but i'm learning that most things are learned with experience.. Well i like it cause its experimental eheh

Trying to understand whats best for the system, i've had issues with roots at early days and i've put some bennies in (vodoo juice and piranha). Not sure when and if i should change my reservoir and or clean it tho. Im understanding that there is a "clean" way and a "bacterial" way (?) so im worried that if i clean my system i'll lose my bennies (?) and im just topping off the water when the level goes low. Although TDS isnt lowering or well it is but fairly slow. Not adding any new nutrients and my plants are kinda huge.. and i mean huge in all senses.. first 2-3 sets of fan leaves are as big as my hands.. not sure eveything is ok ahah
But hey, they are growing and uhm, im here :D

I'm trying some hydro, 2nd time i do it and first was soil! So im VERY beginner. Im trying to look up for any information i can but i'm learning that most things are learned with experience.. Well i like it cause its experimental eheh

Trying to understand whats best for the system, i've had issues with roots at early days and i've put some bennies in (vodoo juice and piranha). Not sure when and if i should change my reservoir and or clean it tho. Im understanding that there is a "clean" way and a "bacterial" way (?) so im worried that if i clean my system i'll lose my bennies (?) and im just topping off the water when the level goes low. Although TDS isnt lowering or well it is but fairly slow. Not adding any new nutrients and my plants are kinda huge.. and i mean huge in all senses.. first 2-3 sets of fan leaves are as big as my hands.. not sure eveything is ok ahah
You should make a grow journal :) but @Rexer can help you with hydro stuff

Hi @Neural And welcome to the forum!
im going to try and answer some of your questions.
What medium are you using? Coco, water, hydroton, etc.
Trying to understand whats best for the system, i've had issues with roots at early days and i've put some bennies in (vodoo juice and piranha).
thats good stuff in those bottles. A bit on the pricier side of things, there are some other options when your bottle runs low that are cheaper and just as effective.
Not sure when and if i should change my reservoir and or clean it tho.
hehe funny, cause i think you asked that in a different thread and i just replied :). There's different opinions on it, but as your still getting a feel for things, I'd follow the suggestions I gave for your first run or two.
Im understanding that there is a "clean" way and a "bacterial" way (?)
yup!
the "clean" way is referred to as "sterile". You use H202 (food grade) to accomplish that.
The alternative (and my personal preference) is benifical microbes and fungi.
so im worried that if i clean my system i'll lose my bennies (?)
if you put h202 in there...yes, youll kill the herd of microbes that you paid for. There are times when you have to (root rot for example), but just empty your reservoir.
make sure your reservoir is light proof (black), and temperature controlled.
Once your reservoir is emptied (I use a pump and shop vac), just refill it with your new nutrient batch.
In-between grows, dismantle and sterilze everything.
and im just topping off the water when the level goes low. Although TDS isnt lowering or well it is but fairly slow.
a steady drop in water level, accompanied with a steady PPM/EC means youre dialed in for the nutirients. :thumb:
Not adding any new nutrients and my plants are kinda huge.. and i mean huge in all senses.. first 2-3 sets of fan leaves are as big as my hands.. not sure eveything is ok ahah
That's what you want! Big roots, big leaves = big buds (usually!).
And we're happy you found us!

The "Introduce Yourself" section of the forum is not intended to be for grow-related questions and such, folks.

I'm sorry, didnt mean to turn this into a specific thread. I was just answering to follow the subject! Also, i know i have posted everything on another thread and again, didn't mean to create problems or to spam me, my apologizes.

Have to thank you for the super warm welcome, didn't expect, i have to be honest. My forum-related experience is limited on the first xbox live release times, about 15 years ago ahah and damn i'm old now.

I'll follow up on the other post and your jourals aswell!
You were SO kind, thank you.

-A

I'm sorry, didnt mean to turn this into a specific thread. I was just answering to follow the subject! Also, i know i have posted everything on another thread and again, didn't mean to create problems or to spam me, my apologizes.

No worries! We just try to keep grow-related issues in one of the sections specifically for them. Threads exits for a long time, and there's a chance that a future member will have the same question/issue - and, naturally, hunt for the answer in the designated area. Once in a while, a staff member (meaning @Teddy Edwards ;) ) will end up moving a thread, for that reason, or splitting off certain posts into their own thread.

Back
Top Bottom