Just some advice

Seanyboy100

420-magazine-mobile1608936860.jpg
this is my first time growing I'm only doing one plant hybrid Liberty haze :) it's been vegging for wot seems like ages prob around 8 wks and I'm not sure when to put into flower this pic is about 1 wk old any suggestions would be very apricated

I've been told that when I put it to flower i should change the lights gradually is that a old wife's tale or is there any truth in this?

I've been told that when I put it to flower i should change the lights gradually is that a old wife's tale or is there any truth in this?
I don't bother. I just flip them on 12/12 and off I go. Only the last 36/48 hours in the dark is the only change I make after straight flipping them. Once you go through your first grow and get to know the plants basic biology, then I would suggest researching different light patterns in flower for efficiency and yield. If that is the way you want to go. I am thinking about trying it for my Dr Grinspoon grow as it's a long flowering sativa. Full 12 weeks of 12/12. I think 10/14 for this one.

420-magazine-mobile1560599972.jpg
took that just now best pic I could get as there is no other light in my room :/ and that's wkd as long as it won't mess things up! And defo looking to yield as much as poss just trying to get the best result I can from my first attempt

420-magazine-mobile1560599972.jpg
took that just now best pic I could get as there is no other light in my room :/ and that's wkd as long as it won't mess things up! And defo looking to yield as much as poss just trying to get the best result I can from my first attempt
Ok if you wanna go down that route here you go. For the first 3 weeks of flower keep it on 12/12. Flush the plant for salt build up and start changing the night period to longer by half an hour every 4 days or so until you get to 10 hours on and 14 off. This will make the transition easier. The reason the night is longer is because resin and bud production happens in the dark hours. People will say that 12/12 is the only way to go but from my research that is just not the case. The stomata on the leaves can only absorb so much co2 and that happens around the 10 hour mark. After that it's best to put all energies into the resin and buds. There are some crazy light schedules out there and mad light colour recipes. Have fun researching and messing with light. Growweedeasy.com is a site with all you will need. Videos, forums bla bla bla. . .

Wkd thanks for the advice bud defo going to give that a go for sure ..
Also look into introducing a small far red led do 15 minutes after lights out. It tricks the plant to sleep and starts working on buds and trichs quicker. The plant will sleep after the 25 minutes instead of the natural 2 hours after lights out. That's an extra hour and a half producing the good stuff. It can speed your grow up by a week. I think it's called the Emerson effect. Don't quote me.

Also look into introducing a small far red led do 15 minutes after lights out. It tricks the plant to sleep and starts working on buds and trichs quicker. The plant will sleep after the 25 minutes instead of the natural 2 hours after lights out. That's an extra hour and a half producing the good stuff. It can speed your grow up by a week. I think it's called the Emerson effect. Don't quote me.
Correction. They will sleep after 15 minutes. Typo.

Back
Top Bottom