WEEK 9 - Day 1: (Bud Week4) 12hrs (2) 600w HPS
Nutrients (28 gal reservior):
280ml Flora Micro
140ml Flora Gro
420ml Flora Bloom
105ml B'Cuzz Bloom
Temp: 78 degrees
Water Temp: 78 degrees

Update: Plants are healthy, buds are getting bigger, and starting to fill nicely.
DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

Here is the next round on Week 1 Veg:
DSC_0257.jpg

Clockwork folks, Every 6 weeks new crops....

Re: Kara's Bible: Hybrid DIY Recirculating DWC System - Master Kush Grow

Ehh they are kinda blurry... Focued pictures rock! Have you grabbed your EZ-Cloner yet?

Hey Kara. Love your grow and setup. I'm planning on building a similar setup (with 6 buckets instead of 8) in the near future. I just have a couple questions. First of all what size pvc and poly tubing are you using? I was planning on using 1/2", but I thought that might be a little small. Also, from what I've seen, you haven't had any problems with root rot, so your water temps are probably fine. Your not using a water chiller are you? Thanks

Kara girl, you are big on google!! just googled recirculating dwc and you and a few others came up... now dont let that go to your head...:blunt::blunt::blunt:

Hey Kara. Love your grow and setup. I'm planning on building a similar setup (with 6 buckets instead of 8) in the near future. I just have a couple questions. First of all what size pvc and poly tubing are you using? I was planning on using 1/2", but I thought that might be a little small. Also, from what I've seen, you haven't had any problems with root rot, so your water temps are probably fine. Your not using a water chiller are you? Thanks

Kara girl, you are big on google!! just googled recirculating dwc and you and a few others came up... now dont let that go to your head...:blunt::blunt::blunt:

superhoeper - I used 3/4" on the Bud side.... 1/2" on the Veg side. The 1/2" side takes about 15-20 minutes longer to fill and drain... They both work fine. Just 3/4" is faster.. Much faster...

Tmac - Thats cool about the Google Search.... It is unfortunate that I changed things up to axe the recirculating... I really found no real reason to do it since I change out nutrients once a week.....

I'm fascinated by your grow, Kara :) I only wish I had other grows that you've done I could compare this to. Do you have any dry weight estimates yet? Even a ballpark?

Also, just to go back over things... you're on week 9, bud week 4. Do you always follow the same schedule? Grow for 5 weeks, bud for four, start next cycle of grow, and finish the last five weeks of flower?

I'm fascinated by your grow, Kara :) I only wish I had other grows that you've done I could compare this to. Do you have any dry weight estimates yet? Even a ballpark?

Also, just to go back over things... you're on week 9, bud week 4. Do you always follow the same schedule? Grow for 5 weeks, bud for four, start next cycle of grow, and finish the last five weeks of flower?

Well, as we all know, pot is strain dependent for finishing.... These Master Kush, I hear are 8-9 weeks... The Haze is more 9-10. We'll see... My calander is confusing... I like to Clone for 3 weeks, veg 3 weeks, flower 8-9 weeks. I'll be switching my Veg area to Bud until the other side that is budding finishes up, which should shave off 2-3 weeks before they move to the "main bud room". (Pretty much at one point I am "budding 16 plants") I'll move the 2 week budding plants over, they should have 6 weeks or so left, When I move those, the new clones which have had 3 weeks cloning, move over to the Veg area and stay in Veg 3 weeks. After 3 weeks they spend 2 weeks in 12/12 in the Veg room to get them going... So if any of this makes sense, I have more of a continues 6-7 week cycle because there is no pause in any steps. I clone the day they go into bud.

Chart1.jpg

I have no estimation weight, as this is a new system, and I have no idea what the yield will be. I guess this adds more suspense...:smokin:

Kara, I see you are using an 8 outlet air pump, how do u like it, how are your roots doing? I have read people have problems growing effeciently in 5 gallon buckets because of the pump pushing the root to the top of the water while the nutes settle on the bottom, have u had any problems like this, if so what solution did u use?

Kara, I see you are using an 8 outlet air pump, how do u like it, how are your roots doing? I have read people have problems growing effeciently in 5 gallon buckets because of the pump pushing the root to the top of the water while the nutes settle on the bottom, have u had any problems like this, if so what solution did u use?

My roots are beautiful. I'll get a photo... The 8 outlet pump works fine. The air pressure is good, and I get lots of bubbles... Never had a problem with roots going to the top of the water. Actually, most of the time by the end of the grow, the buckets are full of roots and the airstones are completely engulfed in the roots mass... So I don't see this being a problem. The nutes might settle a bit, but with the aggitation from the air bubbles, and changing the water once a week, keeps it mixed up enough....:peacetwo:

well well well, looks great. On P1 what software was used for the 3-D rooms? Looks like Bryce and Poser!

kara your plants look awesome and so are mine thank you very much for you help my plants look terrific i,m building the dwc buckets right now to transplant the new clones wow i,m so excited about the results i can,t believe i learn more from you in so little time, thank you again kara i will post some pics of my setup so you can see it, also i found a tote in home depot is called best plastics strong tote box is a 27 gal and you will not have the problem you have with the other one (leaking i mean) this one wont leak at all i spend about 58 dollars to make a 30 plant cloner and it works really good check out the tote box you will like it . Thank you again and have a good one........

well well well, looks great. On P1 what software was used for the 3-D rooms? Looks like Bryce and Poser!

kara your plants look awesome and so are mine thank you very much for you help my plants look terrific i,m building the dwc buckets right now to transplant the new clones wow i,m so excited about the results i can,t believe i learn more from you in so little time, thank you again kara i will post some pics of my setup so you can see it, also i found a tote in home depot is called best plastics strong tote box is a 27 gal and you will not have the problem you have with the other one (leaking i mean) this one wont leak at all i spend about 58 dollars to make a 30 plant cloner and it works really good check out the tote box you will like it . Thank you again and have a good one........

Do you start your nutes on the clones? Or just introduce it in veg?

Velodrone- Thanks! I used 3D Studio Max.

cannlover- It's wonderful to hear you are getting fantastic results. I assure you other than environmental issues that may occur in your specific growing location, you will get some nice crops with minimal efforts....

Thew1sest- I do start nutes on clones... After 3 days on the Dynagro.

Here is my cloning method:
Cut clones with at least 3" of stem.
Cut stem in 45, take X-acto and shave slightly on bottom sides of stem to expose a bit more "meat".
Immediately roll cut end in Rootech cloning Gel
After all cuts are done and in place, fill the clone machine with 10 gallons of water.
Add 5 teaspoons of Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt
Add 5 teaspoons of Dyna-Gro KLN
Mix well, then turn on machine. Keep temps at 76-80 degrees F.
Run this solution for 3 days only!
On day 4, empty cloner, and fill with, in exact order:
50ml GH Flora Micro
50ml GH Flora Gro
50ml GH Flora Bloom

Mix each well, before adding the next....
Run this solution for 18 days...
Done...

Back
Top Bottom