KingstonRabbi - Mendo Madness - Outdoor - 1st Grow

Not much new to post here. Just continuing to spread growth sideways. And if you can believe it more rain! Still not seeing preflowering. That's actually good news because I want more time for roots to fill pots.
Top view of MM#1 shows small inside shoots extending up. Things are developing as I want them finally.
20160721_165914.jpg
20160721_170002.jpg

New additions to outdoor grow. these 4 autos are actually part of my perpetual juice grow, but as autos won't be going in flower room. Left in 2 gal square pot is Auto White LSD, a freebie that has no role in my juicing plan other than extra thc and a potentially psychedelic quality control test with a cured sample or two. Three on right in not quite 2 gal pots are S.A.D. Auto which has moderate CBD. SADs started flowering last week about the time I potted up from 1 gal. They were 8" then, tallest is over 12" now. AWLSD started flowering this week and is 7" tall.
20160724_202547.jpg

This is MM#4 on 7/17. I was sure I took a more recent pic this week, meant to but apparently didn't actually do it.[insert 'brain fart smiley' here]
I decided a while ago to just let this plant grow naturally because it was so far behind. Now she thinks she's one of the boys of summer trying to clear the fence. I found another spot in the yard where she won't become noticeable so I can continue letting her go. Will be interesting to compare natural vs. trained yields. Still no preflower budding, so she may have lots more veg time. I'll be out of town next week. If flowering hasn't started by time I return, ... oy, veh! I may get the monster I fantasized about when I planted her!:Namaste:
MM41.jpg

Another addition to outdoor grow. I am trying to re-veg the first plants harvested from my indoor perpetual grow. I will keep them around patio so light will keep them from going back into flower. But since I have space and free light I have nothing to lose by trying. If I succeed I plan to bonsai 2 Skunk #1 and use the others as clone mothers for perpetual SOG next to my perpetual ScrOG.
reveg23.jpg

This is MM#4 on 7/17. I was sure I took a more recent pic this week, meant to but apparently didn't actually do it.[insert 'brain fart smiley' here]
I decided a while ago to just let this plant grow naturally because it was so far behind. Now she thinks she's one of the boys of summer trying to clear the fence. I found another spot in the yard where she won't become noticeable so I can continue letting her go. Will be interesting to compare natural vs. trained yields. Still no preflower budding, so she may have lots more veg time. I'll be out of town next week. If flowering hasn't started by time I return, ... oy, veh! I may get the monster I fantasized about when I planted her!:Namaste:
MM41.jpg

Oy vey! If that is a photo period plant, you WILL get a monster! :)

I'm showing Tacoma had 15 hours of sun today:

Sunrise Today: 5:44 AM 61° Northeast

Sunset Today: 8:47 PM 299° Northwest

She's gonna be a beauty, though! :morenutes:

Kingston Rabbit's GUESS MY RUNT'S AGE contest.
The plant below is a Hash Bomb sprouted at same time as HB in post above. However, I won't say when this picture was taken.
A little history: Sprouted in tray with over 40 other seedlings that were plagued by stem rot, baby slug, and other assorted misfortunes. Then moved to cold greenhouse. Did not start growing when others did. Instead I notice bottom half of stem was brown and thinner than top. I assumed it would fall over and die overnight, but it's still here, stem healed and finally growing again. Glad I didn't toss it, really admire it's perseverance. Hope after all that it's not a male.
The rules: just post your guess of its age in days and also what you want as prize if you win. If it's reasonable I'll do my best. Contest ends Sunday 8/7. I'll post winner on Monday 8/8. And only one vote even though contest is on both my journals. Good luck!
20160729_084121.jpg

The plant below is a Hash Bomb sprouted at same time as HB in post above. However, I won't say when this picture was taken.
A little history: Sprouted in tray with over 40 other seedlings that were plagued by stem rot, baby slug, and other assorted misfortunes. Then moved to cold greenhouse. Did not start growing when others did. Instead I notice bottom half of stem was brown and thinner than top. I assumed it would fall over and die overnight, but it's still here, stem healed and finally growing again. Glad I didn't toss it, really admire it's perseverance. Hope after all that it's not a male.
The rules: just post your guess of its age in days and also what you want as prize if you win. If it's reasonable I'll do my best. Contest ends Sunday 8/7. I'll post winner on Monday 8/8. And only one vote even though contest is on both my journals. Good luck!
20160729_084121.jpg

Easy! She's 119 days old!

For my prize, I want peace on earth...See what you can do! ;)

Going to Newport, OR tomorrow morning early for week, then on to Corvallis for weekend. Did some last minute prep for my caretaker while I'm gone. The only plants outside now are ones that will finish outside. Decided to add one White Widow to outside grow. She's the biggest, plus I snapped the stem in place that makes it difficult to train her. Wanted to try one outside anyway. Puts me at my legal limit of 15 plants outside. (Indoors?, there's nothing growing indoors, really officer)
Time for the tape measure to see how they grow while I'm gone. SAD auto tallest is 16", shortest is 14". I think it's 2nd week of flower, missed the actually start. AWLSD is 12" still just starting flower.
20160729_174904.jpg

Mendocino Madness #1 is about 25" wide, as is #2. #2 is taller mostly by virtue of training method, but I think #1 has more bud sites. We'll see.
20160729_175059.jpg

Had a little nute burn early this week, Not a problem since they'll be getting only water while I'm gone. New growth is fine.
20160729_175604.jpg

That's what I ask Santa for every year!:Namaste: And when I meditate, but you meant peace for everybody, not just me, right?

LOL! Well, I'll settle for as many as you can spread peace to. And, I can tell by your response that my answer was spot-on and I can detect you starting to get concerned on how you'll deliver! :rofl:

BTW...Are you sure that last pic is nute burn and not a Cal deficiency? :Namaste:

BTW...Are you sure that last pic is nute burn and not a Cal deficiency?

No, I'm not sure, that's partly why I posted it. However I have been using Cal/Mag supplement every other feeding. Also the discoloration is only on week old growth not current growth which is fine and I haven't used Cal/Mag since. Plus some of the affected leaves curled on the edges, which is what made me think nutrient burn first and not deficiency. Finally, I've been adding Tiger Bloom to feedings with Grow Big to increase P & K, 4 tsp/gal total so a little high.

Sorry I didn't have a pic of better example. Some of the leaves had striped marks between the veins that looked burned.

Thanks for your input. I welcome any more advise you have on feedings.:Namaste:

Returned from week long vacation and found no unpleasant surprises. My care taker did awesome job! People like that who can eliminate worries are priceless!
Still no sign of flowers, but the plants broke containment so I'll be re-wiring one more time. That's okay. Oversized plants is a much better problem to have than the one I had at beginning of this journal.:Namaste:
IMG_271113.JPG

20160729_084121.jpg

Photo was taken 7/29, seed germinated 6/02, so actual age is 57 days.
Winner is Asesino who guessed 51.:cheer: He didn't say what prize he wanted, so I've appointed him to the Quality Control Committee. Expect 8-10 weeks for delivery. :bravo:

Here she is last night at 66 days with another 2 pair of leaves. Definitely back on track!
IMG_271718.JPG

Photo was taken 7/29, seed germinated 6/02, so actual age is 57 days.
Winner is Asesino who guessed 51.:cheer: He didn't say what prize he wanted, so I've appointed him to the Quality Control Committee. Expect 8-10 weeks for delivery. :bravo:

Here she is last night at 66 days with another 2 pair of leaves. Definitely back on track!
IMG_271718.JPG

Darn! Does that mean no peace on earth??? :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom