Kosmi's First Grow - $40 DIY Grow Box Experiment

real nice,, and sooo micro,, me dig micro,, good stuff kos,, cheers

Thanks guys! I think they're lookin pretty healthy as well! Plant 1 is finally showing stigmas on all its nodes, and I'm currently setting up a space bucket. Figure I'll have one box in veg, one in flower, and just alternate like that. Still have 6 or 7 seeds, and my clone attempt hasn't died yet. Or rooted, but it's not dead or wilty so that's a good sign.

Just an update, 4wk and a couple days into flowering:

image23440.jpg
image23441.jpg
image23442.jpg
image23443.jpg
image23444.jpg
image23445.jpg

I suspect you're right with regards to a nutrient issue. They are way root bound. I'm sure 100% of whatever nutrients were in the soil are tapped out. They're living on urine and worm castings. Any suggestions on organic and readily available things I could supplement the regime with? Like something thr supermarket or box home improvement store would have?

Had to save them from themselves yesterday. Grew a couple leaves right into the lights lol. Like an inch growth in a day. Doing very well though. On a pH note, haven't tested the soil, but I've learned urine is around 6.0 in the morning and gradually approaches 8.5 by bedtime. So I'll feed first thing tomorrow.

image23646.jpg

you know,, they can get oh so close to the lights and still be ok,, yours look like about two inches away,,, am i right???? if they were only one inch away,, like most of mine are,, *****disclaimer,,, i know nothing,, nothing,,,,,,*****,, the light is 4 times as powerful,, useful, ,, just sayin,, yours look great though,, nice workin it,,:cheer:

besides,, a tiny bit-o tip burn never hurt anyplanty

Oh it was more than a little tip burn lol 80% of the leaf that grew into it burned. There may also be a new burn, a giant wasp was eating my plant and all I had to kill it was a blow torch... Singed the tip of a leaf but I got that f***er.

Week 5 of flowering, looking pretty good :) if I'm any good at predicting I think a 1/2 ounce between the two plants is a reasonable hope. We'll see what happens. Took a close up of where I singed it getting that bee lol. Got my space bucket up and running, and my clone hasn't died yet. No roots but not dead. I decided to change the method on how I clone it, and I went with the way I clone roses. I know its not the same, but there's only one method I've managed to use to clone roses, and I'm gonna use it here. In a nutshell, you want zero drainage and a mason jar to keep the leaves moist. Keep it in full sun for a few months (with roses) and you've got a healthy clone. We'll try it with my clone and see what happens. If not I've got more seeds :)

image23764.jpg
image23765.jpg
image23766.jpg
image23767.jpg
image23768.jpg
image23769.jpg
image23770.jpg

Week 5 and a half. What do you think is causing this lead to turn this color? I trimmed it off plant 2. Plant 1 doesn't show any signs of it, just plant 2. Other than that though, they are doing great!

image23946.jpg
image23997.jpg
image23998.jpg
image23995.jpg
image23996.jpg
image23999.jpg

Thanks! Has been quite an experience. I've never grown anything under lights before. Glad you guys like the grow! To be honest, I started a griw journal at another forum and all they did was nay say it. All sorts of stuff about how it's the wrong way and it won't work. Soooo I came here instead and I'm glad I did. What's funny is at the beginning, I thought plant 1 would be the star of the grow, but plant 2 has made quite a comeback.

I started a grow journal at another forum and all they did was nay say it. All sorts of stuff about how it's the wrong way and it won't work. Soooo I came here instead and I'm glad I did.

We're all glad you did, too! Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Got sick on Tuesday and forgot to water them lol. They dried up pretty good in 24 hours lol. Recovered quickly once I watered it but the top bud on one of the plants got crispy. Should I trim it off or leave it?

image24382.jpg
image24383.jpg
image24384.jpg
image24385.jpg

give it a bit and see if you start to see new growth coming out
if nothing new comes out then its dead and chop it off

So we are going into week 7, and I think the harvest window just opened up. Here's a 50x macro of the trichomes. Plant 1 first, plant 2 second. Plant one looks ready to me, some have even turned Amber, while plant two they look to be about half cloudy. The strange thing is most of the pistils on plant 1 are still white, and most on plant 2 are darkening. It would help if I knew the strains lol.

image24573.jpg
image24574.jpg

Back
Top Bottom