Kosmi's First Grow - $40 DIY Grow Box Experiment

Update on plant 2. I think it's pretty clear :D

image22253.jpg

way too forward thinking for me kos,, how bout any yield at all? a very very long way to go still,, i always hesitate to predict positive. keep expectations low,, better to be surprised than disappointed

sweetsue said it best though i forget how she said it

Well I figured out that the total electricity cost of growing it will be like $50, so if I get 5 grams I'm ahead lol. I'd be thrilled with half an ounce per plant

3 weeks (I think lol) into flowering and the girls are doing great! I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to defoliate plant 1 a little? No idea what I'd be doing so some advice would be appreciated lol

image22806.jpg
image22825.jpg
image22826.jpg
image22827.jpg
image22829.jpg

I heard that day 21 is a good point to defoliate along with day 45. At day 21 the stretch is pretty much complete as defoliating will slow the stretch down. Really all you are going for is to allow more light to penetrate lower into the canopy. The fan leaves are usually where people start and go from there. Really you are just trying to avoid popcorn bud from growing and allow it to become true bud instead.

So in theory, nows the time to defoliate. Plant 2 definitely doesn't need it, but maybe two sets of fan leaves that are blocking the inner sections on plant 1. There's a ton of growth at the center of the plant.

Well I did a lot of reading and decided to defoliate. The bottom leaves were a little unhealthy anyway. While I was at it I did a little more training, and I thibk I did pretty good. Lemme know what you guys think.

image22849.jpg

looks good,, leaves look a bit pale maybe,, to me maybe looks a bit nitrogen deficient??? a bit of diluted urine would really help i bet,, but ,, maybe not,, looks perty good as is i guess :goodjob:

I thought it looked a little pale. I started adding a little urine to the water on occasion cause I thought the same thing?

it does not stink,, it has an odour,, highly diluted,, and after all,, grow rooms have 'odours',, this just another one. i use urine very freely,, and no one can smell urine in my room,, and my plants don't lie,, they love it,, cheers

Here's an update, plant 1 definitely is flowering more slowly than plant 2, and they are both doing very well I feel :D can't wait till harvest time!

image23089.jpg
image23090.jpg
image23091.jpg
image23092.jpg
image23093.jpg

Back
Top Bottom