Kosmi's First Grow - $40 DIY Grow Box Experiment

They've definitely started their growth spurt! Did a little more training as they were getting close to the lights. I see lots of nice new growth down on the lower parts of the plant.

image21405.jpg
image21404.jpg

So I've read you can tell indica from sativa based on plant shape and leaf shape. Any ideas on these guys? Too young to tell? These are from bag seed collected over the last 5 years lol so I have no clue.

image19970.jpg
image19971.jpg

heya kos,, gonna check out the rest,, just to say about this,, if this seed is from north america,, nearly certain to be indica,, from what i am learning,, sativa is rare and purer sativa even rarer,, chat later,, cheers

good luck with the sex,, check out my journal, iffin ya like,, for hermie info,, i am having same issue,, a bit

oh ya,, and i chronicle the stalk split that you mentioned,, some info there about that process too,, your plants matured there,, great stuff, best of luck,, cheers

Plant 1 sure does have a lot of growth that I think will be new colas :D plant 2 seems a little behind but maybe will have a new cola or two before it flowers. The first picture, the leaves aren't yellowing, just the light conditions.

image21501.jpg
image21502.jpg
image21503.jpg
image21504.jpg

I've been watering ever 2nd to 3rd day. As they flower I think they'll probably need more. I don't want to stunt the growth by over or under watering. Any recommendations? It's just a standard potting soil and worm castings in a 3:1 mix.

let her dry out good so you know a dry weight and feel it after you water for a wet weight
and you should be good to go

Well we are at 1 week since switching to 12/12, so far my carbon filter is doing its job, the grow box smells kinda like diesel and weed lol, but the shed still has no smell. Still no sign of sex that I can tell. Probably pretty soon I'm thinking.

image21602.jpg
image21603.jpg

still maybe a bit small for sexing. i am watching a plant for sex too and it is a bit bigger than yours,, not that that means much,, but,, oh boy,, be girl, be girl please,, cheers

Just an update. I found out that they now need water every day. I did t get a chance to check on them yesterday at all, and this afternoon the soil was bone dry and another leaf started to yellow a bit on plant 2. Watered them well, and they seemed very happy in short order. So far no signs of sex but I expect it'll probably be till next Tuesday, week 2 of flower cycle at least.

image21726.jpg
image21727.jpg
image21729.jpg
image21730.jpg

cute little plant,, i just noticed the tinfoil right next to your plant,, touching even,, just need to watch for burning,, tinfoil can give off very harsh reflections and can burn easily. not too much one can do in such close quarters. should be throwing its sex out anyday,, i got one I am waiting for as well,, happy waiting,, good stuff kosmi,, cheers

and when you water, make sure it is very thorough,, especially with a tiny pot,, cheers

Oh yeah those leaves sometimes poke out of the ventilation holes a little bit. It'll be crammed in there as they grow lol. I am not too worried though, I'll be using cfls for the rest of the grow, and they don't put out too much heat. Definitely watching for burns though, as I'm keeping the lights an inch or two from the plants.

I think I saw some pre-flowers on the plants, but they aren't developed enough for me to tell if they are female or not :) I think I'll know in a few day. Hypothetical question: if I were to take a cutting of one of the lower branches after I've determined if they are female, and then put it in worm tea for a week, under a different set of lights on a 18/6 schedule, would it root and then resume veg growth?

a 18/6 schedule, would it root and then resume veg growth?

not 'would' it root,,,,,,,,,,,'could' it root?? yes

read up on cloning and give er a whirl,, just be prepared to lose it. cloning is never simple,, unless ya got all the toys,,,,,cheers

I think I will give it a shot. I did some reading and you just need a branch with some nodes on it, and on both plants, there's some branches on the underside that are growing that will never get light, and probably wouldn't yield much if left alone. Would be cool if I can clone and they turn out to be female.

the clones, of course, will be an exact genetic match of the mother plant. it's fun to try,, i just did some clones,, might be some help,, i am still trying to find 'the' method for me,,, i gotta make a small spray up cloner one day,, check my journal out,, within the last couple days,, i am trying a newish method with some lemon haze clones,, might help, never know,, cheers

Back
Top Bottom