Kosmi's First Grow - $40 DIY Grow Box Experiment

I've read about feminizing seeds by keeping plants in flower stage indefinitely, and the females will eventually pollinate themselves. Do you think that's where bag seed typically comes from or someone being careless with a male plant?

probably a male somewhere
it really depends on the amount of seeds in the bag
if its heavily seeded more than likely its a male got to it
if its some seeds here and there it was probably grown past the time
you don't want plants that hermie tho because they will hermie at the same time
if it was past the harvest date type of seed then you wouldn't have to worry cause it will only seed at that same time

Yeah it was always only one or two here or there. We'll see what happens. That's why I didn't want to invest a lot in this grow lol

Well one time I got like 6 seeds from one bud, that sounds more like it got pollinated. If a plant ends up hermie, what would happen if you just trimmed off all male organs as it flowered?

Just an update, about a week and a half old for the big one, a week for the little one.

image20094.jpg
image20096.jpg

The only thing I may have skimped on is the intake vent. With a 4" fan pushing through a granular style carbon filter, how big of a intake should I need? It's rated at 78cfm and 5 watts. I imagine that cfm number is drastically reduced by the filter.

Just an update, here's how they are looking. In terms of intake, all I have currently is a 1" hole and the 4" exhaust. I'm trying to control odor first and foremost so I wanted negative pressure. I'm thinking of adding another 2-3 1" intakes. Sound reasonable?

image20387.jpg
image20388.jpg

Also when should I repot these girls (hopefully girls lol)? I'm looking to do veg state another week or two, just enough to do a small amount of LST on them and then put the into flower.

Just an update on how they're doing. I've increased the light from 5000 lumen to 10000 lumen, started the 18/6 light cycle. They're about 2 weeks old. Nose up to the big plant, you can definitely smell that sweet smell lol.

image20636.jpg
image20637.jpg

Today is 2 weeks. Guess I was premature. Thankfully not a problem I usually have lol. My inner gardening instinct was telling me they needed repotting, and I think I was right! I also did a little rearranging and light adjusting. They are now in pots they will spend the rest of their lives in, and I'm pretty happy with the location. I think I may need one more light to cover a spot in the middle when i start the LST on them. Based on the pot size and grow box size constraints, I'm thinking maybe 1 week more with 18/6 before starting the flower cycle.

Any experts wanna lay some knowledge on me about my plants?
Here's what I know:
-It's weed

image20713.jpg
image20714.jpg
image20715.jpg
image20716.jpg
image20717.jpg

Hello kosmi i am a roockie as well but I think that if you could had more light you should the more light you get the faster they develop, also I had some bag seeds in the past that turned up hermies and at the same time I had one feminized seed(AK-47), the hermies polinate the AK turning the AK into hermie as well forcing me to cut them off before time and making the ak a weak quality bud.
So my opinion and by my own experience if you see signs of hermies or males cut them of it doesnt worth the afford ant time
Going to follow this journal to see how it turns up :p
good luck keep posting

Depot- I checked out your journal, it's cool seeing them grow real time. Really tests your patience lol. I currently have 4 but I am getting two more tomorrow to put between the two plants, to get more light to that side to improve growth. So a total of 6, 15,000 lumens, 42watt each. So far I can feel warm exhaust when I put my hand up to it, and I only smell the charcoal when I stick my nose in it. I can definitely smell the sweet aroma starting up when I open the box, so we'll see.

Tug- I've done some more reading on it and you can trim the male parts off a hermie plant with no I'll effect, and since they are gonna stay pretty small I think it's doable. Hoping to not cross that road however.

I did some very minor lst on the bigger of the two, just to try to get maybe 3-4 colas instead of one main one like you typically get on such a small plant. I'm gonna flip it to 12/12 next Tuesday so we'll see if I even get to lst the smaller one, or if it even helped on my bigger one. Here's what I've done so far:

image20820.jpg
image20821.jpg
image20823.jpg
image20824.jpg

Back
Top Bottom