Kosmi's First Grow - $40 DIY Grow Box Experiment

Added one more light, this one is 2700k, add to the spectrum and give more light to those inner nodes.

image20880.jpg

Yeah chronic, those pots were probably smaller than 16oz lol. Funny story, that yellow one has been around. The new ones are about a quart.

Equanimity, I'm thinking of letting them stay in veg till next Tuesday and then flip the lights to 12/12. Even worse than them both being male is the being female but running out of room to grow them lol. This is my very first experience in growing, if you don't count watching the movie "saving grace." (Hilarious movie btw) I am mostly just learning the way cannabis grows before I start looking at ways to maximize the yield.

I'll take a pic later, but I just checked in on them after the lights came back on, and the inner growth nodes on the plant I did the lst to have tripled in size and are showing more than one leaf already. I think the added light and the lst are working quite nicely. I'm a little worried about daytime temps. Hit 80 yesterday. Probably just need more intake. I'll see what it does today temp wise and maybe I'll add another intake somewhere.

Here's the pics as promised. Plant 1 I have decided to call the older one that I'm doing LST on right now. Plant 2 is the other one.

Plant 1:
The stem split open just a little bit at the base, but it seems to be causing no ill effect to the plant. I'm not really worried about it at all, I just slightly loostened the tie-downs. The little growth nodes in there are definitely growing fast!

image20902.jpg
image20901.jpg

Plant 2:

image20903.jpg

They definitely are different from each other. Whether that signifies Indica vs Sativa, Male vs Female, or simply different strains, I have no idea :)

After thorough reading of other grow journals (mostly PC ones) I have decided I'm gonna switch to 12/12 today. Mostly because I don't know what these plants are, and I dont want to outgrow my box lol. This is my first grow after all. From my understanding, you can still LST during the first few weeks of the flower cycle, just not once the flowers start to show.

An update. 3 weeks old, gonna keep vegging till I see a few more nodes brancg off. Plant 1 is pretty close, just waiting for two of the node to pop above the rest of the leaves. It looks like it could have 4 good colas on it if I go at least a few more days. Plant 2 is definitely less dense, still looks very healthy and growing well. It definitely gets more light to those inner sections. Just started its training today. I'm thinking up to week left in veg state before I start the flowering cycle.

image21171.jpg
image21172.jpg

A day after LST, also switching to 12/12 light cycle. Plant 1 looks like it'll have 4 good colas, and plant 2, maybe 2 or 3.

Sorry they are all upside down. The camera in using displays them right till I upload. Then it's anyone's guess lol

image21302.jpg
image21303.jpg
image21301.jpg

Well your guess is as good as mine. It's bagseed. I've just never grown it before. Don't have any more room at all to grow them in, and I just don't want to end up with weed growing out of the box lol. I'm also using cfls for the whole grow, and I feel smaller plants will be easier to work with on cfls.

I c....... So does introducing your plant into flowering sooner limit the size?? I ask cause I am limited on my grow also... I kind of picked up that the plant will grow the same size, just do more growing once in flowering with a shorter veg. I understand you are doing it for different reasons with your space concern but I guess its still a legit question.

Yeah you can control plant size by both light schedule and by training/topping/pruning. In general plants her 2-3x the size they were when you switch to flower (or so I'm told)

They are responding to training very nicely. Again sorry for upside down Photos lol

image21339.jpg
image21340.jpg
image21341.jpg
image21342.jpg
image21343.jpg

Here's an update. Added another light, so 6 cfls at 1600 lumen each. 9600 lumen total. I was still fiddling with my light set up and ventilation, and it's just now good enough I can add the extra lights without the temps going above 80. All the lights are adjustable, and as the plant grows up, I'll just move the one set of lights up, and keep the ones in the middle low, and train the plants around the lights. As far as I can tell, no signs of sex yet, but this is still the first week of flower. Any guess as to when they are likely to start showing? We are 3 weeks and 2 days from seed.

image21370.jpg
image21371.jpg
image21372.jpg

Back
Top Bottom