Landrace Genetics 101

Ace has the mother of they didn’t drop her, but I never saw it sold commercially.

LANDRACE HIGHLAND KALAMATA RED SATIVA
Just the beginning, A special shout out to Dean in Greece for sending me these seeds, I will do my best to carry this line. And best wishes for your boy! I dropped the rest of the seed yesterday after trial with two seeds and one of the irst two popped so I decided to drop them all.

KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 001.JPG
KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 009.JPG
KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 016.JPG

HEY PENNY!
Yes from A gentleman in Greece who's son suffers from Muscular Distrophy contacted me. saying if I donated $1.00 to cause of his choice, he would send me seeds.
That made me feel so insignificant and I
I was so moved by his story about his young boy and what he asked.
I donated part of my last years seed sales to The Duchend Muscular Distrophy fund. {sorry about spelling}
Pictures of Kalamata Red and Green buds are from the source in Greece I took off Greek thread off Another site that I met red on. I hope they are OK Red was his handle and he just dropped off line.
attachment (2).jpeg
attachment (3).jpeg
attachment (4).jpeg
attachment3TWI1SBV.jpg
attachmentIOMRKVY7.jpg
attachmentIOMRKVY7.jpg
attachmentZQZ72RJI.jpg

LANDRACE HIGHLAND KALAMATA RED SATIVA
Just the beginning, A special shout out to Dean in Greece for sending me these seeds, I will do my best to carry this line. And best wishes for your boy! I dropped the rest of the seed yesterday after trial with two seeds and one of the irst two popped so I decided to drop them all.

KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 001.JPG
KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 009.JPG
KALAMATA RED SATIVA BEGINNING 016.JPG

WOW !! great strain bet it takes 16 weeks - Great that you have friends on other countries

Nice tropics. There are supposed to be Greek or Kalamata Red seeds dropping on seedbay soon. Have heard so many good things on Greek strains.

Hello Yesum!
Yes you are correct and from what I understand these may be the ones DNA tested with Phylos and don't appear to be linked to any other known genetic, so I am very excited.
Did you follow the Greek thread on IC?

Phylos is firing up a 95,000 sq foot breeding facility this year and we have Phylos on video telling investors they will use genetic data collected from their testing of other people work.

People are extremely upset, have to wait and see how it turns out. If I were you I'd seal a fresh sample in an airtight bag. Mail it to yourself and stick it in a freezer. If anyone tries to patent your genetics you'll have a time stamp from the feds establishing how long you've had your chemovar. Anything that's been in the public domain for 1 year can't be patented.

People are extremely upset, have to wait and see how it turns out. If I were you I'd seal a fresh sample in an airtight bag. Mail it to yourself and stick it in a freezer. If anyone tries to patent your genetics you'll have a time stamp from the feds establishing how long you've had your chemovar. Anything that's been in the public domain for 1 year can't be patented.

Interesting Where can I find out more info on the negatives of Phylos?
I also looked at several youtube videos with Jorje Cerventes, he was tauting thier work all as brilliant.
I saw an add for them several months ago and I thought about getting a couple of my prize uncirculated genetics DNA tested so as to have a record. That's one of the reasons I put a lot into publishing my strains on seed finder, as a cyber record.

Ok so I read their statement and they indeed wanna start a breeding programme and why wouldn’t they? They’re biotech company for fuck’s sake!

What they won’t do though is ripping off genetics, which has been provided to them mostly through stem material? How can they clone or tc a dry stem? They simply can’t. And if they wanna use seeds they’re free to do so. After all anybody can buy or source seeds and do anything they want with them, so I can’t understand this outrage.

Their goal is to develop a stabilised, homozygous strain for the commercial marker that’s coming really fast. Do you know how long it takes? About 10 yrs :)

Chill out guys. The old is old, but the future is here now and it relies on scientific breeding based on genomic study and identification of useful genetic markers. It’s a logical route to take, nothing more.

I’m actually looking forward to buying a pack of seeds that do exactly what they’re promised to do. And if someone wants to chuck some pollen in their tent they’re free to do so. I don’t see any problem here.

I don’t think Phylos has the tech to do a lot of the experimental stuff. Like using bacteria to alter the genome of a plant. But there are people out there who can.

Back
Top Bottom