I would not, could not in a tree
Not in a car! You let me be
I do not like them in a box
I do not like them with a fox
I do not like them in a house
I do not like them with a mouse
I do not like them here or there
I do not like them anywhere

I was scrolling down, so I saw the first five lines by themselves - and thought, "There's some kinds of dirt I don't need to know, even on the bad guys." Then I scrolled further and realized it was in homage to Dr. Seuss :p.

Yep, he fucked the GOAT over..

I’m not sure if that thing with the goat even happened or if it’s just a rumour :)

Lol. I read that he was an ugly f*cker, but that he was married. To a human, one assumes.

Lest I come off as being full of negativity, I'll state that he would probably be a decent sort of guy if he hadn't found himself getting busted along with the rest of his "circle" and felt the need to make the bust go away through any means necessary, up to and including the act of throwing his acquaintances under the wheels of the bus; hatched a plan with the D whereby the D would be his number one reference when he applied for a license to grow/research cannabis in the Netherlands and wanted a leg up on all the domestic (Dutch) horticulturalists, biologists and other scientists, established research labs, universities, and any random individuals who happened to stroll in and apply; decided that he wanted to artificially destroy the life cycle of the cannabis plant as a means of guaranteeing repeat business; dreamed up a scheme in which he could blackmail/extort enough data about existing strains from their breeders to, with perhaps some suitable adulteration, allow him to patent as many of them as possible; and if he wasn't a real douche bag in general.

But... you know... other than that, he might be a decent guy.

I wouldn't lay money on it, though ;) .

cant fathom who your talking about.. decent guy? Nope... how can you invent cannabis and be a decent guy? Your a god.. a self delusional god of self pleasure..

How bout dem landraces, lol?

Kevin Jodrey about Phylos:

Well he only tested his clones, which are widely available and he’s not in the breeding business, so I can’t really see him committing suicide over this.

Once again I doubt the whole thing is gonna affect those who send their stems to Phylos. I cannot see them patenting 100,000 of strains asap. But there’s no doubt they’re gonna use this data for their R&D.

Well what can I say? If there’s a competition lurking somewhere, it’s time they threw the gauntlet.

I cannot see them patenting 100,000 of strains asap. But there’s no doubt they’re gonna use this data for their R&D.

Be easier to just patent a few - then whip out your genetic roadmap and show that "your strain" is the basis for these 250 crosses, and repeat with several different sets.

Might be even safer to quietly whisper into someone else's ear which strain(s) to attempt to somehow patent. But then one must forgo a paper trail while still hoping to convince other(?) parties to compensate you.

I've no idea whether this kind of thing gets done (in the cannabis industry).

I think it needs a paper trail from here to the moon. As I understand they’re trying to hit the nail by using utility patents, which then would have to be challenged in court, cause it’s much easier.

Be easier to just patent a few - then whip out your genetic roadmap and show that "your strain" is the basis for these 250 crosses, and repeat with several different sets.

Might be even safer to quietly whisper into someone else's ear which strain(s) to attempt to somehow patent. But then one must forgo a paper trail while still hoping to convince other(?) parties to compensate you.

I've no idea whether this kind of thing gets done (in the cannabis industry).

That's exactly what I thought! I actually looked and their are several cannabis DNA mapping sites for your genetics protection, but that's how Phylos portrayed itself a few years ago.
Some people think hell it was someone else's rehashed material any way, but try carrying a pure strain for 40+ years and be cool with some one else taking it.

What I'm currently wondering is: Is Phylos now hoping to enter the playground where the big boys (Monsanto, Dow-DuPont, Scotts MiracleGro) hang out... or to get bought by one of them?

Or neither of those two things?

Back
Top Bottom