Landrace Genetics 101

I caught a Oldtimers leaning pheno in an Ace mix and that sucker was the real deal. It had absolutely no bag appeal, but every part of every leaf and calyx surface was covered in tiny trichs. You pull a damp sticky clump of loose bud out of the jar, stuff it in the pipe, and you're high for 4 hours, with no lethargy and no crash. :slide: It smells like alfalfa. :p I get a big kick out of making people try it.

It's worth it - a true Haze.

This has been in the jar over a year so it's fully cured, hence the brown color.

:bravo: Super, compadre!

Gotta love some haze..funny thing is, that's bag appeal to me :) no weight no sale but damn looks tasty. Smell is even better-ra lol

IMG20190519183144.jpg

Been growing Hazes for years, Dutch coffee shop staple.
Amnesia Haze, G13 Haze are a couple nice ones.
My mates into pure landrace thai, wont grow anything else....stringiest stuff ever but smokes like a champ.

Speaking of haze, and Neville’s haze. I’ve been following Mel frank for a while now, thanks to a tip from @GrizzWald. He has just released a new seed catalogue of all the crosses he’s made using original Neville’s haze. Crossed it with a million “modern” hybrids. Not exactly landrace anymore but I thot some folk here might be interested. Have to contact Todd McCormick by email for the list. Can find that via his Instagram (or I’ll PM it if anybody needs - can’t post it here).

I grew an auto that is sold as being an auto version of G13 Haze. Don’t know how authentic it is but I love it! Was a freebie, so, bonus :thumb:

Speaking of haze, and Neville’s haze. I’ve been following Mel frank for a while now, thanks to a tip from @GrizzWald. He has just released a new seed catalogue of all the crosses he’s made using original Neville’s haze. Crossed it with a million “modern” hybrids.

There will probably be a fair amount of that in the near future, now that Nevil Schoenmakers has passed beyond the veil and cannot give his opinion of the results (and/or the people who do the crosses). Be a real good time for such people to make some money, I guess :rolleyes: .

Not exactly landrace anymore

It wasn't exactly landrace then. Some of them even finished flowering in only 16 weeks, lol. It was a cross of crosses - (Northern Light #5 x Haze A) x Haze C or something like that - which was why you had to go phenotype hunting (for best results).

But it was pretty good ;) .

ahhhhh....tortured soul knows his shit.
Nevilles hazes were always the best, was his baby.... Lol. Greenhouse dayz....
I thought it was strange peeps calling it a landrace....he spent years breeding it...

Still find it.. leet got some beauties from '16 or'17... Wouldn't think greenhouse but maybe where half the business went..

Still find it.. leet got some beauties from '16 or'17... Wouldn't think greenhouse but maybe where half the business went..

Lol, yeah :thumb:. I always had the impression that what Greenhouse Seed Co. ended up with was some of the seeds, which they grew out and then picked parents for seed production from. Possibly the more indica-leaning ones, IDK.

ahhhhh....tortured soul knows his shit.

I dunno - my mind has more holes in it than the average screen door. But once in a while I remember something (and about 1/7th of the time, it actually has relevance to the topic at hand ;) ).

Neville worked at Greenhouse back in the day Im pretty sure.
I liked his A5 haze strain, was good genes, shows up in a few good crosses.

Yeah, he did..
Lol, yeah :thumb:. I always had the impression that what Greenhouse Seed Co. ended up with was some of the seeds, which they grew out and then picked parents for seed production from. Possibly the more indica-leaning ones, IDK.

I dunno - my mind has more holes in it than the average screen door. But once in a while I remember something (and about 1/7th of the time, it actually has relevance to the topic at hand ;) ).

Who would know? And do we believe the truth or the truthful lies, lol..legality business greed hurt jealousy, lots of stories.. Nevil stayed working there year after Shanti left.. make you think what he was doing- using -leaving with them..

Shantibaba started Greenhouse Seeds then sold it to Arjan. Nevil had The Seed Bank which he sold to Ben Dronkers who changed the name to Sensi Seeds. Shanti and Howard Marks started Mr Nice after he sold Greenhouse.

Back
Top Bottom