Landrace Genetics 101

Happy Holidays, everyone.
Here are the Mountain Gold ladies on day 15 of flowering.
I kept four in 10 gallon fabric pots. One suffered from light burn (this is my first led grow).
I therefore keep lights (Mars Hydro fc-e4800) at about 16 inches from canopy.

Screenshot_20211231_180533_com.instagram.android.jpg

Happy Holidays, everyone.
Here are the Mountain Gold ladies on day 15 of flowering.
I kept four in 10 gallon fabric pots. One suffered from light burn (this is my first led grow).
I therefore keep lights (Mars Hydro fc-e4800) at about 16 inches from canopy.

AWWWWSOOOOOOOMMME!!!
You are killing it!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

lg, i usually dont veg quite that long - unless there isn’t room :), but I typically top and lst for 6 +/- 1 colas. I like the separation For light, airflow, etc. and the spacing for inspecting,pruning, etc. Here's a pic of my two. Keeping my fingers crossed for a female!
9770BF4D-94CF-4019-A6A7-EB200436D2D9.jpeg

Hello Medman!
I so wish for you at least one beautiful Lady!
You are going to love it! It's like watching my children go off to school! HAHA
Cheers!

Hello Medmanmike,
I vegged for a little more than nine weeks. I topped once and left about six main branches per plant. Current height is around 26 inches.
That nine week veg is why you have those thick stems that should carry quite large colas. Plus your lights and culture look spot on. I am kean to see how much stretch they still get,but looking well under control so far.
Always more to be learned from others.

Completely agree. Sativas (have very little experience with indica) are generally better with a longer veg. The thicker those branches get the biggest the buds. Mine always get me worried they will be skinny and then thicken up around stretch. visibly so. My plants in smaller pots are stretching away now. The bigger ones are still in veg proper. Exciting times. You plant is stunning. Happy new year to all

MOUNTAIN GOLD
Old pic 2011 of first trial grow of Mountain gold on left!
a cross of Landrace IBL Oaxacan Gold X IBL Hawaiian Sativa.
You can see the sticks of some of the tops that had already been harvested.

005.JPG
Beautiful! I have two just getting started. Pics below are from today (day 30). Got off to a slow start but starting to take off. No sign of sex yet. Did you top these plants? Trying to decide. Advice?

6D3B23B9-A125-4D21-98F7-5C935800B2D3.jpeg

That nine week veg is why you have those thick stems that should carry quite large colas. Plus your lights and culture look spot on. I am kean to see how much stretch they still get,but looking well under control so far.
Always more to be learned from others.
Good afternoon, Tropics.
Yes! Those stems :)
What kind of feeder is Mountain Gold?
I've been giving them a light dosage of organic nutrients (worm castings extract, fish hydrolysate, liquid kelp and liquid guano). I'm a little worried about yellowing so early.
Regards.

Good afternoon, Tropics.
Yes! Those stems :)
What kind of feeder is Mountain Gold?
I've been giving them a light dosage of organic nutrients (worm castings extract, fish hydrolysate, liquid kelp and liquid guano). I'm a little worried about yellowing so early.
Regards.
Hey there!
She is a relatativly high feeder If you could get them some blood meal 16% nitrogen immediate release to bump up the nitrogen and a good dose of Epsom salt/ Magnesium.
Also if you could bump up the pots one or two sizes? I know its hard on bigger plants but it makes a major difference, especially how hey are looking now. Because you vegged 9 weeks? They are probably quite pot bound. I mix Blood, Bone, chicken poo, lime and gypsum in my base mix and then feed like you are would be fine. just adding another two inches of new fortified soil around current root balls around the sides and bottom will give them a major push.
Hope that helps

Beautiful! I have two just getting started. Pics below are from today (day 30). Got off to a slow start but starting to take off. No sign of sex yet. Did you top these plants? Trying to decide. Advice?

6D3B23B9-A125-4D21-98F7-5C935800B2D3.jpeg
He Med!
I would wait until you sex them before you top because topping slows down the sexing time t But yes mine were topped grown outside for a few months then brought inside mid flower to finish up. They could finish outside by mid Oct the latest but the flower to leaf ratio would be much less.
hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom