Landrace Genetics 101

Thank you Lerugged and Stunger.
I used the green line of Oaxacan gold earlier on in the years to make Mountain Gold before the Purple line was developed.

Oaxacan Gold green line

OAXACAN GOLD ORIGINAL 022.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD ORIGINAL 010.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD ORIGINAL 042.JPG

Thank you Lerugged and Stunger.
I used the green line of Oaxacan gold earlier on in the years to make Mountain Gold before the Purple line was developed.

Oaxacan Gold green line

OAXACAN GOLD ORIGINAL 022.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD ORIGINAL 010.JPG

OAXACAN GOLD ORIGINAL 042.JPG
Great work Tropics, my question is how do you think they would grow outdoors in northern climes, say in Southern-BC where we can usually count on Oct 15 before we have a hard, killing frost? Also, do you have a link to a good smoke report on Mountain Gold, your other strain, Purple Satellite was terrific. Thanks!

The Oaxacan after over 4 decades of adaptation and selection, again has proven to be an outstanding breeding tool to bringing down flowering time while locking in her unique cannabinoid profile insuring potency of the highest order. As the Hawaiian brings in a touch of her own sweetness, while contributing the Hawaiian's original awesome class of cerebral clarity. Not to mention buds as big as a mans arm!

Oaxacan Gold hits very fast After just a few hits you feel it right in the middle of your for head like pushing a finger into your third eye though extreamely upbeat no hint of paranoia just a warm tingly sesation that wraps around your head and down your body like a warm blanket. you will become very animated and chores become fun though you may forget what you were doing. Great for those creative folks painters and musicians, also terrific or being out in nature like out on a hike, were he world becomes brand new. Also great to break out at a gathering like a diner party after just a few hits you will notice the tempo of conversation start topic up but you may forget what you were talking about, which seems to almost always lead to heavy gut wrenching laughter. Man I just love this strain. I think you will find the same kind of attributes with Mountain Gold with just a bit more clarity in the high and touch more sweetness in the flavor.
The high has legs in potency and longevity with no ceiling and a very smooth comfortable come down.

Great work Tropics, my question is how do you think they would grow outdoors in northern climes, say in Southern-BC where we can usually count on Oct 15 before we have a hard, killing frost? Also, do you have a link to a good smoke report on Mountain Gold, your other strain, Purple Satellite was terrific. Thanks!
Hey Zembretti thank you!
I honestly think Mountain Gold or any of my strains would work well for you there and should finish for you about two weeks after Purple Satellite these were grown for many generations at Lat 42 North where we have shorter summer day length, so they may come a touch later for you?
I finished some Mountain Gold outdoors by end of Sept to 1st week into Oct were I am And our usual hard frost date is also about second week Oct. Oh also very resistant to wet weather.
Hope hat helps!

Hey Zembretti thank you!
I honestly think Mountain Gold or any of my strains would work well for you there and should finish for you about two weeks after Purple Satellite these were grown for many generations at Lat 42 North where we have shorter summer day length, so they may come a touch later for you?
I finished some Mountain Gold outdoors by end of Sept to 1st week into Oct were I am And our usual hard frost date is also about second week Oct. Oh also very resistant to wet weather.
Hope hat helps!
Thanks Tropics, I've looked on the internet for seed companies that sell Mountain Gold but can't find any with those seeds, they're either sold out or they never had any seeds of that strain. My question is where can I find some of your MG seeds? Gracias.

Thanks Tropics, I've looked on the internet for seed companies that sell Mountain Gold but can't find any with those seeds, they're either sold out or they never had any seeds of that strain. My question is where can I find some of your MG seeds? Gracias.
I have to apologize Mountain Gold was only a limited release maybe someone is making f2's that can help you out? I also have to watch what I say here with reference to sources.
As I was in the past associated with a contributor here in the past but unbenounced to me because that entity stopped contributing, you can of say I lost that privilege and my ability to send PM was permanently suspended, after I thought I had that right.
Must follow the rules!
Wish I could help you man!

Hey Lonegreen!
I was wondering how you are making out with your Mountain Gold grow?
Also wondered if you were going to do seed repro on those?
Hello Tropics.
Well, I could'nt transplant in bigger pots, so I added a couple inches of compost on top and gave them compost tea. I also added blood and bone meal with the compost top dress.
I might have defoliated a little too much and/or vegged too long... I don't know. Live and learn.
Anyway, I pollinated a couple of branches on each of the Mountain Gold ladies with pollen from the two males I had, so I should have plenty of F2 seeds in a month or so.
Cheers!

Hey there!
She is a relatativly high feeder If you could get them some blood meal 16% nitrogen immediate release to bump up the nitrogen and a good dose of Epsom salt/ Magnesium.
Also if you could bump up the pots one or two sizes? I know its hard on bigger plants but it makes a major difference, especially how hey are looking now. Because you vegged 9 weeks? They are probably quite pot bound. I mix Blood, Bone, chicken poo, lime and gypsum in my base mix and then feed like you are would be fine. just adding another two inches of new fortified soil around current root balls around the sides and bottom will give them a major push.
Hope that helps
Good evening Tropics.
How would you use epsom salt in this case? Foliar spray? Or mixed with water for watering? Or as top dress?
What about dosage?
Regards.

Good evening Tropics.
How would you use epsom salt in this case? Foliar spray? Or mixed with water for watering? Or as top dress?
What about dosage?
Regards.
Because they appear to need an emergency fix, I would say this time mix 1TBS to three gallons of water, and water in with your other nutrients you would usually water with just to jump start.
But I routinely use a pinch in a three gallon watering can every watering with other supliments especially days leading up to flowering initiation, through flowering and up to about two weeks before harvest, then just plain water.
Hope that helps!

Because they appear to need an emergency fix, I would say this time mix 1TBS to three gallons of water, and water in with your other nutrients you would usually water with just to jump start.
But I routinely use a pinch in a three gallon watering can every watering with other supliments especially days leading up to flowering initiation, through flowering and up to about two weeks before harvest, then just plain water.
Hope that helps!
Thank you Tropics.
I'm taking notes.

Back
Top Bottom