Last 2 Weeks- How to determine? Water Only? Does PH then matter?

WeedSands

How do I know when the final two weeks of bloom should be?

DO I then cut the nutes altogether?

Or reduce them to 500 ppm?

When DO I remove all nutes and use straight water? and will the PH matter when using only water?

Thank you.

Harvest time is completely up to you. Most people shoot for 50/50 cloudy/amber trichs. As far as flushing time is somewhat debatable. Some people say to stop nutes at 2 weeks and some say to stop at 1 week. I flush for 1 week. I find it wasteful to not give nutes for 2 weeks. I definitely start weaning them off the nutes at 2 weeks though and cutting them off at 1 week.

Yeah, I misspoke there a little bit. All kind of factors could affect the no nute time frame. I should've said that most opinions I have seen are 2 weeks, but I have also seen 10-14 days and 7-10 days. I am going 2 weeks as I used Miracle Grow (oh for the love of GOD, I know, LOL!) and I have very little perlite and little to no runoff, so I figured I might need more flush.

the last week I flush with the same Ph`d water they have had with no nutes, depending on what you want (high) will determine when you should start the water only time, peace!!

The when is the hardest. Get a 60x scope so you can look at the trichomes, as mentioned. I would say wait for the 50% amber, then flush a week. That pot will still be good, and the next round you will have a good idea how long and you can better schedule the flush to your liking.

Other phenos may run different, and poor health, trauma, or stress will set them back. It is unfortunate that in the beginning, when you are most likely to make mistakes that cause stress, you are least likely to know how long to delay to compensate for them. I'm still figuring that out, among other things. ;)

I like to flush for 10 days, which is pretty middle-of-the-road. I understand organics need less flushing (or none) than synthetic salts. I grow organic.

I think you need to just go straight to water. You are trying to get the plant to either use or discard nute stores. I understand that nitrogen has the largest effect, but I can tell you that the difference between liquid fish bone meal and liquid presumably-cow bone meal is detectable. With a good flush you can better taste differences in you results. You can tell that the ones that got only bat guano are different than the ones that got only seabird guano.

I think the water should be pHed. If you want the plant to stay in process overdrive after the nutes stop, you need them to keep the water flowing. If the pH is off they can lose water through the roots instead of gain. That would slow or stop the plant's metabolic processes, shutting things down too early. That's my theory anyway.

Lots of pHed water. Also, I believe in Clearex. But lots of water also serves to help wash nutes out of the soil before the roots can grab them. You don't want to dehydrate them but you do want to starve them.

Just my 2 cents FWIW. There is a good range of opinions on this topic.

:peace:

I appreciate your input Ab. I cut N at 2 weeks into flower, been giving P and K only since. I am at day 38 of flower, so I have some time to go. Just got my scope yesterday, took a look last night. The biggest obstacle was being still enough to focus in. But the few seconds of good view I got, I saw clear mushroom clouds. SAA-WEET!

I flush at 14 days. I run a flood and drain table so I want to make sure that there's no kind of nutes in my harvest. As for when, I like 50/50 cloudy/amber. But just like the few replies before, it's all on personal opinion of both.

Back
Top Bottom