Leaf issue?

Liqurd4tay0z

Hey 420 guys and girls! I am just curious about the top leaves growing a bit strange and wonder if anyone knows why it would be like this. They are only the newest growth that look like this and started when I switched to 12/12 a few days ago. To me they look a bit retarded and have a downward curl on the serrated edges, although early on I noticed this issue before and then it just went away. Could it be genetics? Or just the way new growth is coming in until it can fully stretch itself out?

Water every 3 days or so when necessary, micro nutes once a week as per recommended amounts.
Led light is 22-24 inches from tops.
Temp always between 77-82 F/ RH 40-50%

Attachments

• 20200824_121205.jpg
    20200824_121205.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200824_121156.jpg
    20200824_121156.jpg
    950.9 KB · Views: 33

Attachments

• 20200824_124900.jpg
    20200824_124900.jpg
    786.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200824_124923.jpg
    20200824_124923.jpg
    758.7 KB · Views: 37
:rofl: :rofl: I honestly re-read what I wrote for typos but still did not see that by giving the location that one may find ideal white lights I inadvertently sent them to some very specific white lights :rofl::rofl:

But the leaves I honestly think they look really healthy, I will admit I am always watching in on leaf threads and I am never first to come up with an answer so I am also learning in this field. I would chalk it up to genetics once again, are you growing different genetics all the same way to compare this to another plant?

Hey Roaming - It’s all good bro - aiming for some levity at your expense!

Hey Liquid, for starters I think I would pluck a few fans here and there and scope or loupe them. Check both sides of leaves. Do you have a suitable magnification device? If not get one - it helps not just with reading trichs but examining her undercarriage. But there could be more too. I’m not the best at picking out deficiencies either but at least you can rule out pests. It’s very easy to bring bugs inside during warm season. By the time you see gnats, mites or thrips with your eye they have infested pretty hard. Watch above canopy for fliers which are fungus gnats. Thrips are mostly in soil (I believe somebody help me here I’ve never had thrips knock on wood) same for mites in soil and under leaves. For every critter you see there are 50 you don’t see.

I’m waging war with a massive mite infestation... I missed the early signs due to travel and it’s not cool. They are in every pot in 3 different grow rooms at my place.

One of these gurus will nail it tho. Best of luck to ya!

:rofl: :rofl: I honestly re-read what I wrote for typos but still did not see that by giving the location that one may find ideal white lights I inadvertently sent them to some very specific white lights :rofl::rofl:

But the leaves I honestly think they look really healthy, I will admit I am always watching in on leaf threads and I am never first to come up with an answer so I am also learning in this field. I would chalk it up to genetics once again, are you growing different genetics all the same way to compare this to another plant?
I have 2 other plants i started as clones about a week ago from her but unfortunately the leaves are too small to tell.

Hey Roaming - It’s all good bro - aiming for some levity at your expense!

Hey Liquid, for starters I think I would pluck a few fans here and there and scope or loupe them. Check both sides of leaves. Do you have a suitable magnification device? If not get one - it helps not just with reading trichs but examining her undercarriage. But there could be more too. I’m not the best at picking out deficiencies either but at least you can rule out pests. It’s very easy to bring bugs inside during warm season. By the time you see gnats, mites or thrips with your eye they have infested pretty hard. Watch above canopy for fliers which are fungus gnats. Thrips are mostly in soil (I believe somebody help me here I’ve never had thrips knock on wood) same for mites in soil and under leaves. For every critter you see there are 50 you don’t see.

I’m waging war with a massive mite infestation... I missed the early signs due to travel and it’s not cool. They are in every pot in 3 different grow rooms at my place.

One of these gurus will nail it tho. Best of luck to ya!
Forsure man! One of the things I have been doing is scoping out for pests because I had another issue with the base of the main stem looking like something was chewing on it. I took her out of the blurple and examined with a magnifying glass but cannot see any signs of any pests anywhere so I'm stumped there.

Back
Top Bottom