Leaf necrosis happening every mid flowering

Yes, I realized high humidity was not for everyone hence i put in brackets
"(circulation is a must though) "
I have several ceiling fans and have even sprayed during lights on with ill effect, because the water just vanishes quickly with so much airmovement.

In the end, my goal for this thread was hoping to find someone with a similar problem as you guys can see it seems very specific.

Trust me, I've been hanging around my grow room PC for the past week from 8pm-2am just looking around / researching, plucking leaves, etc trying to identify this problem lol

might help to get circ through the under growth if you don't have it.

air pushing from above is not as effective. it's better through and under the canopy. unless you got hurricane fans, or wider separation between plants. the canopy will work to constrict it.

^ Yes i just added a fan about 10 minutes ago.

Thanks for the suggestions all.
Like i said on my second post in this thread, i'm still new to smart pots (3rd time reusing same pot)
I've just noticed that most of my roots for some reason are favoring one side of the pot. Whereas the other side has a bit of condensation ( you can see where i swiped my finger and licked).
I just HANDWATERED a pot (which was not easy btw) and my runoff is actually coming out a bit higher 2.2ec ish.
Its funny how when i measure the runoff EC from the bottom its a lot lower.
But is that even high enough to have a salt buildup? the condensation was definitely tasted slightly salty, but not sea water salty.
I'm thinking with the dripper, the water is following a path of least resistance.
These pots are definitely overkill, 56L (14ish gallons) There seems ot be a lot of google results for smart pots and salt buildup. Might look into it

EDIT : And yes the ground is definitely flat!

IMG_20210415_011911.jpg

IMG_20210415_011922.jpg

if you consistently water to one side of the plant that is where the roots will favour.

the drippers aren't as effective as you'd like. you won't notice in non fabric pots. drippers and direct can also be better in non fabric pots depending on your media.

don't chase run off ec. it's the inputs that matter.

also @Boogyman69 you're friggin' knocking it

i'd be happy to have your issues. nice grow. welcome and hope you hang around if it wasn't implied. :)

Thanks,
Its a NEVER ending learning experience.
I've had every single problem one can think of and having a perfect few grows for a while, then this issue arises for a few grows it really is depressing not knowing why.
I will probaby run a 1/2 strength for the next few days and with double drip time to hopefully saturate more of the pot and update in a weeks time if this problem has progressed

Thanks,
Its a NEVER ending learning experience.
I've had every single problem one can think of and having a perfect few grows for a while, then this issue arises for a few grows it really is depressing not knowing why.
I will probaby run a 1/2 strength for the next few days and with double drip time to hopefully saturate more of the pot and update in a weeks time if this problem has progressed

relax. things change.

i been growing hempy style for a few grows. been through a couple different nutes and stuff getting things sorted to how we do stuff. had a couple runs just flat out great, changed up strains, and now i can't keep anything sorted.

it happens. i haven't lost anything, and neither will you. and you're not losing piles. natural outdoor grows never look perfect either. everyone carries a bag of hammers, it's how it's dealt with that matters.

edit: if i was going to do anything other than added circ, it would be more even watering. fabric pots are better hand fed or circular drip, which is hard to get even.

If anyone wants an update on this thread, things definitely got worse on the bottom(starting the chop tomorrow). However the top canopy is all ok.

It may be due to the cold during lights off (62-66f) because leaves near the intake are starting to show autumn colours.
My local hydro store thinks it may be something like my nutrient temps are too cold.
Anyways here is the problem and a few bud shots
My phones whitebalance was all over the place.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_20210428_213807.jpg

IMG_20210428_213720.jpg

they look hungry to me

did i read somewhere you use BAC nutes? i do too and had a similar problem. solved it by doing all of the following, not sure which did it, but ive barely dropped a leaf since.

• 50/50 mix with tap water + RO water
  • feed at pH 6.0 (was doing 5.8)
  • adding 1.0-1.2ml/L calmag
  • hitting them with the F1 Extreme Booster at 2ml/L at start of week 5 flower (waited until week 6 previously and only went 1.5ml/L)
  • increased total EC to 1.8EC
  • feed 3 x day for 5 mins a feed (100L/week for 2 plants)

some of the PDF's on Plant feeding schedules - BAC Online helped me. i dont run that exact mix but it served as a good guide

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.
I actually start F1 Extreme booster on week 3.
I will definitely add cal mag on my next grow because I know my leaf temperatures are actually quite cold.
I might just pickup the cheapest cal mag available and only hit it once a week?

I did increase EC to 2.0 during 4th week, but runoff at week 5 was 2.5ish so i backed off.
Was feeding 6 times a day, then backed down to 3.
Regardless, during harvest i noticed the buds were ROCK so i'm expecting a huge yield.
Since my BAC is almost out, I might go back to H&G and hopefully never see this problem again.

Back
Top Bottom