Leaking Carbon Filter

Jamers

Making some changes to my setup for grow 2 and noticed my carbon filter is leaking charcoal into the cool tube and probably into the fan

Should i be worried about this ?
Doesn't seem good to have it in the cool tube but mostly i dont want it going through the fan and doing damage to the fan.
You can see where it has stained the white wire and there was a smile pile deposited on the cool tube intake too
It doesn't look like much but i figure if that much is on the wire a lot had to be moving past it

I was considering a filter of some sort maybe between the filter and cool tube i made one out of the extra pre filter material that came with the filter but after putting it in place i didnt really like the idea,,,......if it ever came loose it would suck it onto the bulb or into the fan either way not a good option :(

07912.JPG
07316.JPG

and yea i know the ducting looks pretty lame :) but its just temporary to test for temps
Going to change it to the flexible metal type

Thanks

Who cares what the ducting looks like? As long as it serves its purpose bro. If its fine, black, dust getting in ur cool tube, don't worry to much aboout it. Means either ur scrubber is fairly new or had a recent refill. Had that happen many times. If too much accumulates it can slighty diminish lumens it so I've read. Clean it (when the glass is cool) periodically. I normally do at then end of the grow. Means U'll probably be cleaning ur fan blades as well. This is all based upon my personal experience. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom