Learning To Grow & Train Auto Flowering Plants: 8 Autos In A 2'x4' Grow Tent

Welcome one and all! I was undecided about whether or not I wanted to start a grow journal since the first two did not have many followers. But then it dawned on me that this auto flower grow is a learning experience for me so why not chronical it for future reference. So that's what I have decided to do. I welcome and appreciate any and all who would like to join in. Share your knowledge, your plant photos, your experience with the strains I'm growing. It's all appreciated as I learn how to grow and train autos

SO off we go!

This auto flower grow is about having fun while learning something new. I have grown some auto flowering plants in the past but pretty much just let them do their own thing. I don't recall ever topping one, and I know I've never used LST on any auto flowering plants. Another 420 member @Sunnyskies has volunteered to teach me how to properly train and top autos. It's a beautiful thing how one member is willing to help someone start to finish with a grow like that so thank you Sunny!

This grow is taking place in my 4' x 2' x 4' tall tent. I am growing 8 different strains which have already been sprouted. Here are the particulars.

The Strains:
Train Wreck auto CKS
OG Kush
Blueberry
Quarter Pounder Canuk Seeds
Blackberry Kush Dutch Passion
Diesel Auto Dope Seeds
Gorilla Girl XL Sweet Seeds
Blue Cheese Special Mephisto (Northern Cheese Haze X Blue Toof Special)

The seedlings are planted in brand new GeoPots 3 gallon tan fabric pots with handles.
The medium is Clackamas Coots homemade organic soil. I have never grown an auto in this soil yet so let's see how it performs.

No powdered or bottled nutrients. I anticipate two feedings with compost teas. One as they start to flower, and a second about halfway through the flowering cycle.

The light used in a 260 Watt Quantum Board light.

So this is where I'm at with this grow. This was a few days ago. Seven of eight seeds had sprouted and under domes. The eight (one of my own crosses ((how embarrassing )) failed to germinate so I planted the Diesel Auto to take it's place.

And here is where I'm at today. All 8 have sprouted. Six are doing real well. The second from the left in the front row is the Train Wreck auto. She seems to be lagging behind. To the left of her on the left in the front row is the Diesel Auto. She just joined the other plants yesterday. I am hoping she can catch up to the others. I have my light about 18 inches above the plants and now on full strength. I'm watching them close for any signs they're not liking that light intensity. Any suggestions about light height or intensity please chime in.

Alright!! Let’s do this my friend!

:passitleft:

Welcome one and all! I was undecided about whether or not I wanted to start a grow journal since the first two did not have many followers. But then it dawned on me that this auto flower grow is a learning experience for me so why not chronical it for future reference. So that's what I have decided to do. I welcome and appreciate any and all who would like to join in. Share your knowledge, your plant photos, your experience with the strains I'm growing. It's all appreciated as I learn how to grow and train autos

SO off we go!

This auto flower grow is about having fun while learning something new. I have grown some auto flowering plants in the past but pretty much just let them do their own thing. I don't recall ever topping one, and I know I've never used LST on any auto flowering plants. Another 420 member @Sunnyskies has volunteered to teach me how to properly train and top autos. It's a beautiful thing how one member is willing to help someone start to finish with a grow like that so thank you Sunny!

This grow is taking place in my 4' x 2' x 4' tall tent. I am growing 8 different strains which have already been sprouted. Here are the particulars.

The Strains:
Train Wreck auto CKS
OG Kush
Blueberry
Diesel Auto Dope Seeds

The seedlings are planted in brand new GeoPots 3 gallon tan fabric pots with handles.
The medium is Clackamas Coots homemade organic soil. I have never grown an auto in this soil yet so let's see how it performs.

No powdered or bottled nutrients. I anticipate two feedings with compost teas. One as they start to flower, and a second about halfway through the flowering cycle.

So this is where I'm at with this grow. This was a few days ago. Seven of eight seeds had sprouted and under domes. The eight (one of my own crosses ((how embarrassing )) failed to germinate so I planted the Diesel Auto to take it's place.

And here is where I'm at today. All 8 have sprouted. Six are doing real well. The second from the left in the front row is the Train Wreck auto. She seems to be lagging behind. To the left of her on the left in the front row is the Diesel Auto. She just joined the other plants yesterday. I am hoping she can catch up to the others. I have my light about 18 inches above the plants and now on full strength. I'm watching them close for any signs they're not liking that light intensity. Any suggestions about light height or intensity please chime in.
Awesome man. I’ve just started three autos myself.

SO off we go!

The Strains:
Train Wreck auto CKS
OG Kush
Blueberry
Diesel Auto Dope Seeds

Good luck hope you get a massive yield what are you hoping for to harvest at the end and ideas?

Back
Top Bottom