Ase's Auto Quadlining Grow

Hey Ase! Nice garden brother, those autos are in great health! :bravo: Qualine looking awesome as always. Sounds like you’ve been working some gnarly hours, glad you got some time off!
What light setup have you got these autos under?
Jumping in a bit late, but looks like I’m just in time for the flower show! :passitleft:
ayup fella. glad your in to join the fun

Hope everyone is good. a quick 4 days flower update of the Barneys girls. Still need to get to day 7 before i can strip out and defol a fair bit. They are densely filling the room so need a thinning out. Thankfully have some good air set up to keep them dryer and fresh recharged air coming in.Gorilla zkittelz#1has gone crazy with mains and is huge at 24inches and very wide. The majority are of similar height following the stretch and just need a tidy up and levelling up again for the flowering cycle. Got to love quadlining for its productive nature.
20190714_160427.jpg
20190714_155358.jpg
20190714_155234.jpg
20190714_155129.jpg
20190714_155110.jpg
20190714_155048.jpg
20190714_154858.jpg
20190714_154849.jpg
20190714_154804.jpg
p Hope not too many pics but have 9 quads going sorry.

Hey Ase! Nice garden brother, those autos are in great health! :bravo: Qualine looking awesome as always. Sounds like you’ve been working some gnarly hours, glad you got some time off!
What light setup have you got these autos under?
Jumping in a bit late, but looks like I’m just in time for the flower show! :passitleft:

They are under Mars Hydro 144 Reflector Series. There are two of them. Since I bought them a few years back they (and many other companies) have improved their lights but these things have been solid for me for a while now.

ayup fella. glad your in to join the fun

Hope everyone is good. a quick 4 days flower update of the Barneys girls. Still need to get to day 7 before i can strip out and defol a fair bit. They are densely filling the room so need a thinning out. Thankfully have some good air set up to keep them dryer and fresh recharged air coming in.Gorilla zkittelz#1has gone crazy with mains and is huge at 24inches and very wide. The majority are of similar height following the stretch and just need a tidy up and levelling up again for the flowering cycle. Got to love quadlining for its productive nature.
20190714_160427.jpg
20190714_155358.jpg
20190714_155234.jpg
20190714_155129.jpg
20190714_155110.jpg
20190714_155048.jpg
20190714_154858.jpg
20190714_154849.jpg
20190714_154804.jpg
p Hope not too many pics but have 9 quads going sorry.
Looking great GGD! That is a fantastic looking canopy. Going to be a Cola field in there soon.

Looking great GGD! That is a fantastic looking canopy. Going to be a Cola field in there soon.
Thank you ase. My aim is to have even a smidge of the success you have with this method. Love how much you can push in a small statured girl into producing. Seeing the great quads being grown and harvested is truly inspirational. fingers crossed the defol and clean up will get them firing on all cylinders for the long haul. It is a method that seems to suit all strains so far. cant say there has been a bad quadline among all the pics posted here , even with the "ooops i now have a limb less" training !
Love quadlines.

Day 49

At this point I feel like there is not much to update. I've just let them grow since the last update. 3 out of the 4 are in full flower and the Northern Lights is just getting ready to transition to full flower. Everything is done stretching and things look better than I expected considering my limited time for this grow. I need to probably do another round of defoliation and clean things up a bit.

The full tent

UK Cheese headed into mid flower soon and furthest along

Lemon not too far behind

Purple Skunk Mass looking the most scraggly but still doing well. A couple of not so great looking leaves but only a couple.

Northern Lights really ended up with a great structure but it is barely done with stretch so it is quite a bit slower than the rest of the girls. She will likely be in the tent for a while by herself at the end.

Things are getting frosty in there. Looking great Ace :yummy:

Day 50

What is this? Back to back updates? Well I decided that if I got busy again that things were pretty thick in the tent and I never really did too big of a post transition defoliation. I had some time today so I hacked away. Now that I got them all cleaned up I am really happy again. The structures look better than I thought and the plants show no signs really of the lack of attention they are getting.

UK Cheese yesterday
UK Cheese Today

Lemon yesterday
Lemon Today

Northern Lights yesterday
Northern Lights Today

Purple Skunk Mass yesterday
Purple Skunk Mass today

Day 50

What is this? Back to back updates? Well I decided that if I got busy again that things were pretty thick in the tent and I never really did too big of a post transition defoliation. I had some time today so I hacked away. Now that I got them all cleaned up I am really happy again. The structures look better than I thought and the plants show no signs really of the lack of attention they are getting.

UK Cheese yesterday
UK Cheese Today

Lemon yesterday
Lemon Today

Northern Lights Today

Purple Skunk Mass today

Hey @Asesino85 ... nice stretch ... and I'm also growing a quadlined autoflower Cheese that is in the budlet stage, so I'm watching closely :)

Quick question ... I just had to move my 5 gallon quadlined photoperiods to 10 gallon pots under a ScrOG in a 2'x4' tent. I just flipped them to 12-12 and I know I need to wait a few weeks before they get pistels.

When do I let the growth nodes (future colas) start growing vertical?

In your opinion, should I wait until they get pistels? or wait a bit longer until they develop their budlets?

Thanks in advance ... and enjoy your weekend!

Day 49

At this point I feel like there is not much to update. I've just let them grow since the last update. 3 out of the 4 are in full flower and the Northern Lights is just getting ready to transition to full flower. Everything is done stretching and things look better than I expected considering my limited time for this grow. I need to probably do another round of defoliation and clean things up a bit.

The full tent

UK Cheese headed into mid flower soon and furthest along

Lemon not too far behind

Purple Skunk Mass looking the most scraggly but still doing well. A couple of not so great looking leaves but only a couple.

Northern Lights really ended up with a great structure but it is barely done with stretch so it is quite a bit slower than the rest of the girls. She will likely be in the tent for a while by herself at the end.

looking busy and happy for it ase. cant beat a wall to wall canopy for aesthetics. i am interested to see how the quadlining helps with the Gorilla Zkittelz buds supporting their own weight better than natural growth does. seems to be a design fault with supporting heavy flowers on the Gorilla strains ( never a bad thing.lol)

Day 50

UK Cheese yesterday
UK Cheese Today

Lemon yesterday
Lemon Today

Northern Lights Today

Purple Skunk Mass today
Just like buses , we wait an age , then 2 turn up at the same time !!. lol
Cant beat seeing them recover and shining after a defol. spotting the white hairs all over their structures is always a boost. I was a lot lighter than i was intending to be with my last one at day 7 (21 from flip ) . contemplating doing another now at day 23 flower. trapped with thoughts on recent discussions around the wind being a major factor in lower bud development and wether defol is about allowing better airflow through or the lights penetration. Both have benefits from defoliation so it is easy to assume it is just the light getting in as is always mentioned and sold as the reason for the method. trying a lighter defol and with wind movement to stimulate buds and not mould/rot prevention in mind , the quadlining structure supports this idea perfectly. More energy to use on bud formation instead of leaf replacement and using limited N stores too. This is my trap at present. I know it works and i see it working and have a basic understanding of the biology involved but..... do i stay with the minor defol or strip them out for the final leg ?@#$???
Does the city of Budonia need some regeneration or are we slapping paint on and waiting till demolition time ???.
20190726_185917.jpg
20190726_185736.jpg
20190726_143805.jpg
20190726_142627.jpg
20190726_142605.jpg
20190726_142600.jpg
20190726_185917.jpg
20190726_185736.jpg
20190726_143805.jpg
20190726_142627.jpg
20190726_142605.jpg
20190726_142600.jpg

Hey @Asesino85 ... nice stretch ... and I'm also growing a quadlined autoflower Cheese that is in the budlet stage, so I'm watching closely :)

Quick question ... I just had to move my 5 gallon quadlined photoperiods to 10 gallon pots under a ScrOG in a 2'x4' tent. I just flipped them to 12-12 and I know I need to wait a few weeks before they get pistels.

When do I let the growth nodes (future colas) start growing vertical?

In your opinion, should I wait until they get pistels? or wait a bit longer until they develop their budlets?

Thanks in advance ... and enjoy your weekend!
you use the stretch period to create the vertical spikes now if the net is full. Ideally you flip and use the stretch to fill in while stretching then allow it to go vertical. The net is purely to guide each main to its own space for growth. it will act as a support later too but so many scrogs end up as just a support structure for a quadlined grow it seems

you use the stretch period to create the vertical spikes now if the net is full. Ideally you flip and use the stretch to fill in while stretching then allow it to go vertical. The net is purely to guide each main to its own space for growth. it will act as a support later too but so many scrogs end up as just a support structure for a quadlined grow it seems

Perfect ... I will use this stretch period over the next few weeks to fill in the net and to space out the growth nodes.

Also, does anyone here have a personal preference on the latest time to "top" ... all topping done before flipping to 12-12? all topping done 1 week after flipping to 12-12?

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

Perfect ... I will use this stretch period over the next few weeks to fill in the net and to space out the growth nodes.

Also, does anyone here have a personal preference on the latest time to "top" ... all topping done before flipping to 12-12? all topping done 1 week after flipping to 12-12?

For me , topping is creating new mains to flower as colas. With relying on the stretch to have time to create them you could waste time , when threading the current tips does a quicker version of it. The tip will continue to be tucked onto the next hole in the net , which will allow the next 2 emerging nodes to be sent onto their own net holes. Topping would make no difference except losing a happy growing tip at this stage. This is my take on it mate. There will be other opinions for you to consider too. good luck

For me , topping is creating new mains to flower as colas. With relying on the stretch to have time to create them you could waste time , when threading the current tips does a quicker version of it. The tip will continue to be tucked onto the next hole in the net , which will allow the next 2 emerging nodes to be sent onto their own net holes. Topping would make no difference except losing a happy growing tip at this stage. This is my take on it mate. There will be other opinions for you to consider too. good luck

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed explanation!

I totally understand now and will hold-off on topping with a ScrOG.

Also, since the plant is now in 12-12 ... I was just informed this is another good reason not to top.

Day 61

It's day 61 and one of the plants is just about ready to be chopped down. The other 3 could use the extra space anyways so it's good timing. The other 3 plants wont be ready for at least a couple more weeks. Still on the same schedule where basically I am estimating all my feed measurements and majority of the time just watering every other day. I'd much rather be getting to it every day but sometimes this happens. I just want to be honest with everyone reading. I will say that I still think I have good looking girls and they are healthy so I'm happy. This is by far the least amount of time I've ever spent on a grow. I do think my growing experience is paying off now though and my estimated feed measurement are probably close. It's comforting to me to know that I can keep plants healthy with minimal effort if time just doesn't allow.

The first girl is the UK Cheese and I will be chopping her down most likely Thursday. She has a lot of cloudy trichs and when I finally get her out of here the other 3 are a lot closer in height. Some of the flimsier side branches are falling over and she smells just like typical Cheese so turned out pretty good.

The second girl is the Lemon and she is the next furthest along. I still think she has a solid 2 weeks left on her. Smells very much like a lemon citrus.

The third girl is the Purple Skunk Mass and she is the next furthest along. Probably has about 3 weeks left on her. A little bit of some deficiency (likely phosphorous) on some of the leaves but not really worried about it.

The last girl I am really excited about. The Northern Lights is the widest and best looking girl of the bunch. Due to my every other day feeding lately she has been underfed and that's why she is showing a little light green at the top. I've got to make it down there a little more because she is always dry and always drinking way more than the others. Maybe I can convince the fiance to help a bit. She has probably 4 weeks left on her so I can't wait for her to have the tent all by herself at the end. This is what she looked like before I fed her so you can tell she is sad a bit but she'll be fine. If I can remedy this from here on out she will crank out the big buds and won't look like anything bad has ever happened.

Just like buses , we wait an age , then 2 turn up at the same time !!. lol
Cant beat seeing them recover and shining after a defol. spotting the white hairs all over their structures is always a boost. I was a lot lighter than i was intending to be with my last one at day 7 (21 from flip ) . contemplating doing another now at day 23 flower. trapped with thoughts on recent discussions around the wind being a major factor in lower bud development and wether defol is about allowing better airflow through or the lights penetration. Both have benefits from defoliation so it is easy to assume it is just the light getting in as is always mentioned and sold as the reason for the method. trying a lighter defol and with wind movement to stimulate buds and not mould/rot prevention in mind , the quadlining structure supports this idea perfectly. More energy to use on bud formation instead of leaf replacement and using limited N stores too. This is my trap at present. I know it works and i see it working and have a basic understanding of the biology involved but..... do i stay with the minor defol or strip them out for the final leg ?@#$???
Does the city of Budonia need some regeneration or are we slapping paint on and waiting till demolition time ???.
20190726_185917.jpg
20190726_185736.jpg
20190726_143805.jpg
20190726_142627.jpg
20190726_142605.jpg
20190726_142600.jpg
20190726_185917.jpg
20190726_185736.jpg
20190726_143805.jpg
20190726_142627.jpg
20190726_142605.jpg
20190726_142600.jpg

I'd give them a bit of a defoliation. The large leaves that are kind of running into the other colas I'd get rid of at least.

I wouldn't top in stretch or flower. I would only top before switching to 12/12. I would also weave them through the scrog net until about halfway through stretch. That will leave them at least a week to grow vertical so you get a little height on the colas but you still fill out the net.

My personal recommendation is to forget scrogging and just quadline. Same results with less time and less hassle.

I'd give them a bit of a defoliation. The large leaves that are kind of running into the other colas I'd get rid of at least.
Thank you ase. I did a little leaf removal of blockers and shadow leaves. air flow is better now too. Had to supercrop a few Gz buds but all in all more light and air for them. Do love how a quad opens them up so well.
20190728_110955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom