They look good for day 24. How close is your HPS? I run mine around 12-18 inches from the tops of the plants with the cooltube. They start to fatten up in the last few weeks. The plant will tell you when its ready! =)

Thanks for the reassurance guys :) They always seem to be growing a lot slower than I think they should.
They look good for day 24. How close is your HPS? I run mine around 12-18 inches from the tops of the plants with the cooltube. They start to fatten up in the last few weeks. The plant will tell you when its ready! =)
Thanks mate. I’ve got the light about that distance from the tops. It’d be about 18 inches from most of the tops and 12 inches from the tallest ones

I happened to be at the tent at lights out this morning so I quickly snapped a couple of shots with flash

DCDA8672-4978-4F68-A6EF-AA7B46E5A32E.jpeg

A4844249-F743-4AA9-8EF0-70CA080A273F.jpeg

RDWC is perfect for a knucklehead. There is a couple things that need to be addressed though. You need to have a decent understanding of pH... it sounds like this was the very problem 013 was having, but its not so bad if you go through it with someone who can help you. If you build your system yourself you have the intimate knowledge of every part and the ability to fix it. This style of growing isn't cheap though. A water and air pump, RO filter, and all the shit that makes up your system. And all the shit you would need to grow in soil.

If you want to go camping for a few days this style of growing is perfect. I have gone a week with no issues. There is some prep involved though. Start with a fresh pot of nutrients. If i was using Silica I would stop for that week for pH reasons. I would set my pH very low... 4.8 or so. My pH always rises. I would set my environment in preparation for hot weather (I grow in a shed). Then I grab my fishing gear... Bobs your uncle. Do they say that down there?

It would be hard to automate this style of grow, but once you know the how and why of deep water culture you'll be tapped in to the highest producing method of growing there is. I have plenty of pictures if you're interested.
Fruit from RDWC.

All caught up! And glad for the great reading, seems like I missed out on some good conversations!!
Oh and for a knucklehead project, I'll toss my 2 cents in and recommend Ebb and Flow style. It's old school, cheap, effective, and works great! I built mine using mortar tubs, plywood lids, a few 2x4s, and have them sitting on top of a 100L tote. Never have worry about runoff, just pop EC pen and PH into res, adjust as needed. And the plywood lids work awesome so far, I just screw in cheap metal hooks for LST right into the lids.

McRib, those girls are looking amazing! Your doing a great job filling them out!
Can't wait to see how things go!

I saw you bought a dehumidifier, what size did you go with? I bought a mini and wish to hell I had gone bigger :rofl:

All caught up! And glad for the great reading, seems like I missed out on some good conversations!!
Oh and for a knucklehead project, I'll toss my 2 cents in and recommend Ebb and Flow style. It's old school, cheap, effective, and works great! I built mine using mortar tubs, plywood lids, a few 2x4s, and have them sitting on top of a 100L tote. Never have worry about runoff, just pop EC pen and PH into res, adjust as needed. And the plywood lids work awesome so far, I just screw in cheap metal hooks for LST right into the lids.

McRib, those girls are looking amazing! Your doing a great job filling them out!
Can't wait to see how things go!

I saw you bought a dehumidifier, what size did you go with? I bought a mini and wish to hell I had gone bigger :rofl:
Thanks mate. I really like your ebb and flow build.

I think I’ve made up my mind to try a DWC grow next. That is if I can keep some bloody seedlings alive. So far I’ve managed to kill 1 Dinachem, 1 Blue Dream CBD, 1 Special Kush and 1 Critical Orange Punch. I’ve currently got 1 Dinachem and 1 Choc Mint OG that I’m trying to germinate in rock wool.

The dehumidifier I bought is rated at 10L per day. It hasn’t been more than 5L per day. But it’s doing the job well to keep my RH under 55.

I think I’ve made up my mind to try a DWC grow next. That is if I can keep some bloody seedlings alive. So far I’ve managed to kill 1 Dinachem, 1 Blue Dream CBD, 1 Special Kush and 1 Critical Orange Punch. I’ve currently got 1 Dinachem and 1 Choc Mint OG that I’m trying to germinate in rock wool.

The dehumidifier I bought is rated at 10L per day. It hasn’t been more than 5L per day. But it’s doing the job well to keep my RH under 55.

not that i have much experience, but the guy at the hydro store said to drop seeds in a glass of tap water and keep the glass room temp. i have a really good success rate since i started doing that. a couple of days until they sink and a few more until the tap pokes

Awesome, hope they pop out for you, sounds like a great selection!
Personally I've come to hate rockwool...holds too much moisture...but a handy tip is toss some hydroton under the rockwool cubes, it'll also give a nice spot for the roots when to pop out of (also I found higher success when bottom feeding cube with a syringe till roots show).

I germinate directly in hydroton now. I have a nice lil hydroponic veggie garden I've practiced with.

Sounds like you made a smarter buy then me with your dehumidifier! I've been supplementing my dehumdifer with big moisture grabber bags normally used for RVs:rofl:

not that i have much experience, but the guy at the hydro store said to drop seeds in a glass of tap water and keep the glass room temp. i have a really good success rate since i started doing that. a couple of days until they sink and a few more until the tap pokes

I might give that a try after my next failure :laugh:
I’ve been soaking till they sink then planting in coco/jiffy starters. Most do sprout but then they’ve just been stalling at the first set of true leaves until they eventually dry up and die. The blue Dream was definitely a case of damping off. I’ve got a little fan blowing around the seedlings now. Hope that helps... Also my first time trying rickwool

Awesome, hope they pop out for you, sounds like a great selection!
Personally I've come to hate rockwool...holds too much moisture...but a handy tip is toss some hydroton under the rockwool cubes, it'll also give a nice spot for the roots when to pop out of (also I found higher success when bottom feeding cube with a syringe till roots show).

I germinate directly in hydroton now. I have a nice lil hydroponic veggie garden I've practiced with.

Sounds like you made a smarter buy then me with your dehumidifier! I've been supplementing my dehumdifer with big moisture grabber bags normally used for RVs:rofl:

Thanks mate. I’m pretty happy with my selection of genetics. I only got a max of 3 seeds of each so I hope I can at least get one plant going of each. I’ll be keeping clones to use for mothers because I suck at seeds...

Thanks for the tips. I’ve just sat the cubes on some hydroton and I’ll definitely use the bottom feeding technique if they sprout. Makes sense to encourage the roots downwards.

The RH where I live is fairly low most of the time (though it has been up there recently) so the dehumidifier really just needs to control the humidity generated by the plants.

I love my veggie garden too. Haven’t tried any hydro techniques out there though

Plants are looking great bro!

For germinating I’ve found a lot of people have overly complicated ways and fuss with their seeds and small plants too much. I’m 13/13 so far with this simple method - drop seed in a shot glass of water for 24hrs or so, then into a peat puck or rapid rooter and leave em the hell alone! I prefer the rapid rooters now after trying them, I pre soak then in a very light nutrient solution and use them upside down so the larger end is the base.

Either way just keep the pucks or rooters moist but not wet by pouring water onto the tray if required until you see roots then transfer to cups or small pots! Keep a small fan circulating air in the tent but not on the plants. You’ll also want your light on andat it’s recommended distance so you don’t get a stretchy seedling!

So this is end of week 5 from flip and really only 3 weeks since the start of flower.

We’re starting to see a bit of frost. Thinking I’ll start the PK boost nutes tonight.

D3881B22-F7EA-4BA8-B33C-811D549058E8.jpeg
Looking great!!!! They're really frosting up!!

Back
Top Bottom