Awesome job Ase! Really curious to see the numbers on the tangerine dream! I do love guessing yields, so if you don't mind, I'll take a stab at it lol.

Low end - 1.5 lbs

High end - 2.3 lbs

I hope you blow my high end guess out of the water!

I'll be interested to see your journal on autos as I have never grown a photoperiod. However, I have quadlined the last 3 grows I've done, and I don't think I'll ever stop.

I was reading through the first page or 2 of this journal, and it seems we seem to share some similar experiences. This June will be 2 years of growing for myself. I tried dwc first and switched to coco within the same grow and never went back. Then I luckily stumbled upon quadlining on my own, only to find out that you beat me to it by a year or so lol. It wasn't until my 2nd grow using quadlining that someone pointed me to this forum.

Anyway, stoner ramble over. When do you think you will start the autos if you decide to go that route? I just popped 3 into rapid rooters Tuesday, so they will be sprouting in the next couple days. Be cool to have a side by side grow going!

Take care Ase, and I hope your landlady is cool with it!

Tangerine Dream Harvest Day

Well here we are! The last day of anything growing for this journal is now in the books. I will do a harvest report on her when she is dry and then I'll shut this journal down. I plan on actually starting two new journals. One of those journals will be a thread for all quadliners who need to ask questions or look for advice. The beginning of that journal will be a really long post on how to quadline, step by step, the whole way through so it's nice an condensed. This way it is easy for a new person trying it to find all the information in one post. I am aiming to try and make that happen next week or the week after so hopefully all of you join that. Quadsquad OGs will all be there along with myself but really I want it to be a place where anyone who quadlines can post pictures and show off what they or doing as well as ask questions. The other journal will be my quadlining Autos journal if I'm allowed to continue growing by the landlord.

This Tangerine Dream has been one hell of a plant. I grew a Chemdawg plant that blew my socks off in a 3 gallon but I never really thought I'd try to do a huge plant like this. Honestly since I had never tried it I wasn't sure if a quadline would hold up for a plant this size and none of the colas were falling over on this girl. The quadline structure is so strong whether it is a smaller plant or a monster. The colas ended up all being nice sized and all of them got plenty of light. No mold happened and airflow was great the whole time, even with all the foliage this beast produced. I feel very proud of this girl and I feel like I finally deserve to be in the same breath of some of the big names on this forum. I've come up with a training method that produces some great plants and I just never thought I could get there when I first started growing or that any of this would happen. It just shows everyone that you can start as a complete novice and in a couple years end up growing plants like this Tangerine Dream. The best part is I learned everything from 420 Magazine so you don't have to go any further than this website to get to that level!

With having to rush taking down this girl I tried to do the best I could taking pictures. I had originally planned to have my brother come with his nice camera and take a few but it is what it is. I can't wait to see the final numbers as I truly think they are going to be really good. The smell of this girl is so good, like a sweet piney orange smell with some floral notes. I can't wait to jar her up and get that condensed smell but the whole house just smells like this and I think it will for a couple of days. She's frosty and I couldn't ask for anything more out of this plant. She may go down as the best plant I have every grown for a long, long time.

Before pics, sorry my lighting just stinks where I grow and didn't have time to setup more lights.
Cola trimmed up.

Top view.

Amazing! Which month is she gonna be entered/win POTM? Looking forward to the quad journal and to trying it!

:passitleft:

Awesome job Ase! Really curious to see the numbers on the tangerine dream! I do love guessing yields, so if you don't mind, I'll take a stab at it lol.

Low end - 1.5 lbs

High end - 2.3 lbs

I hope you blow my high end guess out of the water!

I'll be interested to see your journal on autos as I have never grown a photoperiod. However, I have quadlined the last 3 grows I've done, and I don't think I'll ever stop.

I was reading through the first page or 2 of this journal, and it seems we seem to share some similar experiences. This June will be 2 years of growing for myself. I tried dwc first and switched to coco within the same grow and never went back. Then I luckily stumbled upon quadlining on my own, only to find out that you beat me to it by a year or so lol. It wasn't until my 2nd grow using quadlining that someone pointed me to this forum.

Anyway, stoner ramble over. When do you think you will start the autos if you decide to go that route? I just popped 3 into rapid rooters Tuesday, so they will be sprouting in the next couple days. Be cool to have a side by side grow going!

Take care Ase, and I hope your landlady is cool with it!
I don't mind you guessing at all and I think the range you provided is solid. Honestly I was hoping for 1.5 lbs. Anything after that is a gravy and if it falls short by a bit then oh well.

I am not sure one when I'll start the autos. If she is cool with my continuing to grow here it'll probably be next week. If not then it could be a while! I will for sure do a run of autos though just to use up the seeds so either way there will be an Auto-Quadlining grow for my next journal.

Wow that's super good news, did you bring it up?

Yeah, I left one of my tents up on purpose but I took the lights out so it was far less intimidating to be able to start a conversation about it. Told her I could have it all down in a few minutes if she has a problem and she said she didn't have a problem at all. Her husband, the previous landlord, grew at their house but I don't think she partakes. But she was cool with it as long as it's within my legal parameters. Also commented on how clean it looks and how it doesn't smell at all even though I've grown in the same spot for 3 years. I'm sure that helped with the decision too knowing it's not ruining a room in her house but rather that I keep it nice and clean!

Congrats man, you would have had to move somewhere else if it was a problem!
Still looking to move and own a house in the next year to year and a half but we get a stellar deal on rent and I like this house so it gives me that much more time to save and not rush into getting a house!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Now let's get growing.
Tangerine Dream still drying and then once that is done I'll pop my Autos! Funny story, because the Tangerine Dream is so big it is taking a really long time to dry. Right before they came over I chopped it up and put it in a turkey bag and threw it in my car. It was just sort of dry. When they left I setup a drying net thing I have and pulled it all out and it was so damp feeling from being in the turkey bags again like it was a couple days ago. Now it's back to drying again and the tent will be free soon! The things we do for these plants....

Turkey bags also make great vape bags.
Glad your landlord sitch worked out sweet... Grow well.
Mmmm... Tangerine Dream, smoked last of mine about a week ago, miss it already... If it wasnt for the G13.... Lol

Turkey bags also make great vape bags.
Glad your landlord sitch worked out sweet... Grow well.
Mmmm... Tangerine Dream, smoked last of mine about a week ago, miss it already... If it wasnt for the G13.... Lol
Turkey bags are my go to for decarb in the oven with a cookie sheet and parchment paper

Back
Top Bottom