Leaves are turning yellow/brown

Are you guys saying the light he is using is good?

SISTA! read not listen,

Astonr420 said:
The Light is not nearly close enough for cannabis. You need to use bulbs that give the plant the spectrums that she is looking for. Meaning the majority of light in veg is 6500K and for flowering 2700K is used. These are more found in the CFL or Tube bulbs (T5, T8, T12) Someone correct me if that T12 is wrong??? Anyways, get yourself some CFL's or the Tubes. that can help save your plant. Or if you even have the resources, get yourself a MH or HPS system. But understandable if you have budget restraints.

got it now? I thought you said you had a hearing problem? :rofl: juss kidding sista. You know i'm playing... right?:hmmmm:

umm... your not answering, getting a little worried... Oh wait thats right, I forgot to push Alt+S.

:peacetwo:

It is a clone, I got it from a friend when it was an inch tall and I grew it out of the cup he gave it to me in until i transplanted it. I've had it for 74 days not including how long he had it growing in the cup. What if i was to get a better light on it today? would it be able to grow anymore or is it stuck at this height? I mean it still is growing, its just that the bottom leaves are having all the problems. The top is bright green...

Also someone asked if i had a fan blowing on it, yes i do..

If it has green it can still recover, but it will take much longer than if you can just get a new one. Another personal example of recovering...we had some bad mite issues and I sprayed the Plants with Floramite and my old man then flushed them with some organic mite/gnaticide....needless the say the 2 happening the same day completely trashed the plants...they made your little guy look like the cream of the crop. But alas with some quick flushing and a little TLC I was able to bring them back, then i just cloned them once i saw enough new growth because because i figured it would be better to just get all new roots...anyways in short yes it can come back, if its just the one plant grab some CFLS(I like the 40 w/200equiv) but you acn get the 24w ones too anything below that is not worth it. If you just plan to flower the one plant my personal suggestion would be... Grab a 40W(200 equiv)6500k Day light and a 68W(300 equiv.) 2700k? Softwhite and a bag of African Violet MG(since thats what you are planning to use it seems) let the guy recover under the new lights for about a week. Keep the lights only 4-6 inches from the top of the plant. After its starting to look better transplant it into some fresh soil and let her gow and switch to 12/12 when you are ready. If you plan to not want to use more lighting I would flower before she gets to big because you will run into issues with light penetration.

Yea go to the light section and get a cfl (compact florescent lights) or regular florescent(tubes) it should say it on the box what it is annd get a high number I forget but im sure someone else does. That blue bulb isnt gonna do anything.

SISTA! read not listen, got it now? I thought you said you had a hearing problem? :rofl: juss kidding sista. You know i'm playing... right?:hmmmm:umm... your not answering, getting a little worried... Oh wait thats right, I forgot to push Alt+S.:peacetwo:

Don't make me come over there and hurt you...lol...I don't know how I missed all that really...Then again, yeah I do, it's called having one contact in my eye and high as hell. And what does ALT and S do? I am not going to find out by doing it, it may be something I can't correct...lol...

Don't make me come over there and hurt you...lol...I don't know how I missed all that really...Then again, yeah I do, it's called having one contact in my eye and high as hell. And what does ALT and S do? I am not going to find out by doing it, it may be something I can't correct...lol...

Thats funny lol!:laughtwo::rofl::hmmmm: ALT and S:hmmmm::oops::yikes:

:rofl: you make me smile sista, you good people, it's an honor to have you as a sista! :thumb:

Alt+S is actually a quicker way to send you post. I use it all the time in this site, I am a lot faster on the keyboard than I am with the mouse. When I have to paste, Ctrl + V, Have to copy, Ctrl + C, Highlight everything, Ctrl + A switch between windows, Alt+Tab, get a detail view of your windows, Windows key + Tab.

I love my keyboard shortcuts. :thumb:

:rofl: you make me smile sista, you good people, it's an honor to have you as a sista! :thumb:Alt+S is actually a quicker way to send you post. I use it all the time in this site, I am a lot faster on the keyboard than I am with the mouse. When I have to paste, Ctrl + V, Have to copy, Ctrl + C, Highlight everything, Ctrl + A switch between windows, Alt+Tab, get a detail view of your windows, Windows key + Tab.I love my keyboard shortcuts. :thumb::peacetwo:

I am old school, I don't know all those damn short cuts and I type like a speed demon. I am glad I can get a smile out of you, brotha cause you make me smile too. But once I learn something computer savy it usually sticks with me.

And GG who you laughing at? Don't make me come over there and get you. I am dangerous, I know wrestling submission moves!!!!!! LOL

LOL, Oh well those shortcuts are old school, I learned them back when I was 15 learning computers, the Alt+S shows up if you hover your mouse of the "Post Quick Reply"

Sorry, about the thread jack... Back to topic :thumb:

It is a clone, I got it from a friend when it was an inch tall and I grew it out of the cup he gave it to me in until i transplanted it. I've had it for 74 days not including how long he had it growing in the cup. What if i was to get a better light on it today? would it be able to grow anymore or is it stuck at this height? I mean it still is growing, its just that the bottom leaves are having all the problems. The top is bright green...

Also someone asked if i had a fan blowing on it, yes i do..

Try to LST it, bring it down, I wouldn't continue it going up when it has already gone up so much with not so much output... I had gotten a Fire OG that was poorly taken care of and I had to do a LST on the tallest branch which stood about 24 inches tall with about 4 or 5 leaves on it...
As you see here, she was a tall b****
F3_22612.jpg
F5_22612.jpg

Then I tied her down.
F6_22612.jpg

And this is her now...
F1_33012.jpg

Alright I just want to thank everyone who helped out with this. I got a better light on her, and I will be getting new soil and nutes on saturday...

Alright I just want to thank everyone who helped out with this. I got a better light on her, and I will be getting new soil and nutes on saturday...

Good to hear! Good luck!

OK, I transferred my plant to Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, I bought Fox Farm Bloom nutes and the 24 inch Sun Blaze 48 watt lighting system, is 48 watts good enough? I drove a few hours to a hydro store bought the light and when I got home only one damn bulb works, so I have to go back up and return it. I'm thinking about getting a bigger one. Anyone have any good suggestions on a light under $400?

for under that budget im sure you could get a 400-600watt HPS set up....I know the hydro store by me sold certified used equipment and i got a 600W HPS bulb/ballast/reflector, 2x4 tent and some sample nutes for $250...the T5 Bank you got will work well too, just the hps will get you denser weightier nugs. I am personally going to experiment with a 33" Wave Point HO T5 set up. Its used mainly for saltwater fish tanks. But they have both full day light spectrum bulb and also red spectrum Coral extreme growth bulbs I want to try out!...i digress in a nut shell these are my thoughts.

If heat and energy are not a concern to you i would get a Switchable ballast and a HPS and MH bulb....then you can use the MH for vegging and swap out the HPS for flowering...this will help get max yield.

If Energy and heat are a concern go with the t5 bank(what you bought) Try to mix it with 6500k and 2700k tubes that way you get a mix of the lighting and your good to go for veg through flower....you can keep these lights much closer to the plants than the ones above because there is little heat. The buds wont get as dense as an HPS but they will still be quite sexy and tasty to smoke....

Just my thoughts, someone more knowledgeable might chime in and be more helpful. GL bruddah, positive vibes going to your ladies!

OK, I transferred my plant to Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, I bought Fox Farm Bloom nutes and the 24 inch Sun Blaze 48 watt lighting system, is 48 watts good enough? I drove a few hours to a hydro store bought the light and when I got home only one damn bulb works, so I have to go back up and return it. I'm thinking about getting a bigger one. Anyone have any good suggestions on a light under $400?

High Hawian Snow,

Are you going to keep it CFL through the whole grow? or do have any plans on a MH or HPS change over?

how often are you watering your plant? nutrients? hw often are you giving them and how much?

I'm watering about every 4-5 days, Whenever the soil is completely dry. The guy at the store told me to use the nutes every other watering, is this right? I put 2 tsps in a gallon like it says on the label.

And I never cut branches off... I trimmed a few of the leaves because the tips turned brown and dried to the point that when I touched them they crumbled off... 4 days after I transferred into the new soil, the 3 leaves I originally had problems with shriveled up and fell off, That's why there is the gap between the bottom leaves and the middle leaves.

Back
Top Bottom