Leaves are turning yellow/brown

well when you use nutrients you need to test for p.h so that COULD be a problem, you did good on when to cut fan leaves cause thats when youre suppose to cut them.

I have a ph meter and ph up/down, a got it a few weeks ago. I've been doing that every nute watering.

I have to say, with all the help I've gotten on this my plant is looking great :)

SANY00014.JPG
4-20.JPG
4-20-12.JPG

howdy HS

CFL's work just fine for growing our beloved plants.
few things to consider.
warm light (2700k) is for flowering
cool light (6500k) is for vegitation stage

despite the hype, normal house bulbs such as these actually work out as some of the best CFLs you can get...
like this
Spiral Energy Saver ES Light Bulb - 23W from Homebase.co.uk

lots of low powered bulbs are better than fewer high powered bulbs.
distance from plant can be checked same way you test a babies bottle. expose your wrist to the light and slowly move it closer till your wrist feels on the verge of becoming uncomfortably warm...thats the distance you need the bulbs from the leaves/buds

this is the main reason why lots of small bulbs are best as you can strategically place them where the leaves get the most.
also CFL's 'energy' can only travel a little way so most of the light does not penetrate,

whatever else is wrong with that plant, its light starvation that has made it stick thin and tall, its using what tiny amount of energy it recieves to try and climb through the 'undergrowth' to reach the sun.

as to who makes the ferts you use, i dont think it matters squat as long as its getting the right amounts of everything.
like us humans...does it really make a difference to our health whether we get a burger from macdonalds or burgerking? its still protien/fat and nutrients, although being fast food, not in very good proportions, lol.

this is my little start up. please bear in mind that for me 6500k bulbs are HARD to find in local shops for some reason (found 3 for £6 each, but only in eddison screw, so i had to buy lamos just to use them =/) when it comes to flowering, i could probably get 30-40 lights going no probs.

GEDC0168_2_.JPG

I just wanted to update you all with this, I'm proud to say my plant is still alive and growing... I haven't had any problems in months and am now only 5 weeks from picking.

SANY02483.JPG
SANY02473.JPG
SANY0246.JPG

few considerations for future grows..

a plant thats going to grow that tall needs to be stressed by bending or strong winds to thicken up the stem so it will stand up well.

Having grown in a similar sized bucket, i can tell you that it is drastically too small for the amount of roots our plants like to make imho

Lst would have worked well for such a lanky plant.

Other than that, congratulations!! =)

Yeah I know that now.. bigger bucket. You cant really see the floss against the white background but i do tie a few of the branches out and the top is tied down, pulled to the left.

hello im new to this site and a new grower my leaves are turning yellow and brown can any one help and tell me what im doing wrong

thanks

That type of light is not good, it blocks light, that = heat.

I like a florescent plant light from GE. makes lots of red/blue light.. and without the heat ;-)

So guess i would advise to study light wave spectrum that plants use, and replicate it.

I have two of the florescent plant lights at the base of my plants with a 400watt metal halide light at the top.

seems to work well for my 3x5 grow area.

Back
Top Bottom