Leaves showing signs of phosphorus deficiency - I think?

NathanHelm00

20140511_222922_zps595e63c6.jpg

20140511_222945_zps3315f7d5.jpg

Doing my own research I have come up with this being a phosphorus deficiency. Please let me know if I might be right or if I am totally wrong.

-Thanks!!

As young as the plant is it should not show phosphorus def. Unless your roots are locked up. Cool temps can make purple plants , What temps are you running? And as Peyton says is it a purple strain?

Negative it isn't a purple strain and the temps are around 82-88 F depending on lights on/off. Haven't mastered the temp in my grow room yet. Upon closer inspection today I have noticed the stem is now changing to a darker color. I have 10 plants all cloned from the same mother plant and the plant in the photos is actually the best looking plant in the bunch, besides the dark color of course.

Here is a pic of the stem:
20140512_005013_zpsdd8764c2.jpg

I am starting to think this is stem rot instead, in which case I could see how that would happen due to my higher temps in the grow room. Any ideas on what it is and if so, actions to be taken to cure it??

Thanks!!

1. What strain is it and how old was the mother when you took the clones?

A: It is Bubba (Believe Bubba Kush, but know it as Bubba - medical strain) - Age of mother - not quiet sure, was a friends mommy plant - atleast 2 months old I'd say. All of the other clones look great.

2. Whats your medium? nutrients? pot size? watering frequency?
A: Organic Soil - FoxFarm Nutrients (minimal so far) - 6-7inch deep/3-4inc width at the top pot - watering daily and throughout the day as the soil dries out (minimal watering)

The night all of this happened I decided to put an additional light on the plant along with the t5 bulbs and I am thinking that maybe the extra light burnt the plant? One side of the plant stem is much darker than the other and places where leaves hid the stem are still green as can be. Is this possible????

I just grew Bubba Kush and it does have purple stems that will turn into purple lines up and down the stem. I wouldn't add phosphorus this early in Veg. Let it be and see what happens or if it worsens. Nothing worse than trying to fix whats not broken and causing more problems.

Welcome to :420: by the way!

What lighting are you using? I assume you have the fox farm trio?

The pot seems kind of small especially if your in soil and your watering everyday. I would only go a slight size bigger if your using less than 600 watts. 1 gallon pots would work good.

Maybe a better picture of your setup.

Welcome to :420: by the way!

What lighting are you using? I assume you have the fox farm trio?

The pot seems kind of small especially if your in soil and your watering everyday. I would only go a slight size bigger if your using less than 600 watts. 1 gallon pots would work good.

Maybe a better picture of your setup.

I am using 8 t5 bulbs with half 6500k and half 3000k. All 1 lighting system and I have tinfoil (backside) on the walls to reflect unused light back towards the promise land :p

I have Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom but have access to a local nursery that stocks just about every single fox farm liquid nut.

I've been thinking about bigger pots - just wasn't sure when the exact right time to transplant would be. I got the clones on 4-20 so they should have been roughly born on 4-13 or somewhere in that area. I feel they are super small for the length of time, almost a whole month and my tallest is like 10 inches.

I will take a picture of my setup as soon as it is daytime for them again - roughly 5 hours from now.

I keep my lights 3-4 inches above the plants with a humidity bouncing around 38-42% and normal temps of 82-83 nighttime and 84-88 daytime.

Any suggestions on 600watt light systems for reasonable price that I could use throughout the whole growth cycle???

I think my system is like 192W of draw power. (Here is what it was listed as: "x8 T5 Grow Light 24" 25" Inches Fluorescent T5 HO High Output Bloom Veg Clone 2 ft"

This is my first grow and I've wanted to do this for so many years - I fear that I rushed into it because of the clone availability and didn't truly spend time planning my whole entire setup.

iPower Grow Light 600W HPS/MH Dimmable 6" Cool Tube XL Reflector Set - HOT - Best Value

These guys have taken good care of me and are outstanding at customer support after the fact; prices are pretty good also imo. That's what I would get but they also have two other configurations of 600w specials w/smaller reflectors at $181 & $172 respectively. The 400w ones are slightly less and might be all you need however.

Thank you!!! I actually looked at that exact light before I bought my t5 setup. T5s are pretty decent for veg stage right? Make sure I didn't completely waste my money haha.

Absolutely by all means, wish I had one for my clones and seedlings instead of cfl's and would try to manipulate it so I could use my current veg room as a second flower one w/o totally screwing up the "scheduling" shall we say.

Absolutely by all means, wish I had one for my clones and seedlings instead of cfl's and would try to manipulate it so I could use my current veg room as a second flower one w/o totally screwing up the "scheduling" shall we say.

Okay sweet!! This is my first grow so glad to hear my lights will work. Still curious as to the darkening of my stem... if it was in the strain wouldnt all of the clones be changing?

Back
Top Bottom