Leaves starting to burn?

no, because a healthy plant drops down its leaves every night a bit. Your leaves are dropping because the plant can no longer develop enough water pressure to lift those leaves up full time, because those lower roots have shut down. The lift method is your best friend when it comes to this, and I use it in my own tents. I can not tell just by looking at a plant if it needs water. Please read how to properly water a potted plant; the many points I make in there should answer most of your questions.
i read it, so if i got it right, i should feel that that the container is lighter? and how much lighter should it be? i could use a weight scale..

i read it, so if i got it right, i should feel that that the container is lighter? and how much lighter should it be? i could use a weight scale..
Do whatever you can to save the plants you have. Follow the advice others have given you here to the best of your ability.

Just my thoughts on waiting for the soil to dry out. Yes, you will notice it starting to feel lighter. No, you do not need a scale to notice the difference between the wet soil and the dry soil.

Have a great day.

You get what you pay for. That cheap meter has only one useful function, maybe two if you consider you can look for light dead spots with the light meter part of it, but the pH meter is junk, and that is not even how you measure soil pH. The only thing those meters do well it their ability to show you where the wet/dry line is as the water level drops in the container. For measuring liquid pH you will need to spend a little bit more on a digital meter with at least one decimal point of accuracy.

You get what you pay for. That cheap meter has only one useful function, maybe two if you consider you can look for light dead spots with the light meter part of it, but the pH meter is junk, and that is not even how you measure soil pH. The only thing those meters do well it their ability to show you where the wet/dry line is as the water level drops in the container. For measuring liquid pH you will need to spend a little bit more on a digital meter with at least one decimal point of accuracy.
ok, i'll buy it for the water mesurments.

alright i've order it and i'll get it on Saturday, so my issue is for sure water and not too much fertilizer? how do you recognize that, is it because the leaves are yellow?

alright i've order it and i'll get it on Saturday, so my issue is for sure water and not too much fertilizer? how do you recognize that, is it because the leaves are yellow?
a burn from too much nutrient has a different look to it, the tips of the leaves only will burn and the leaves will all coordinate in a pointing downward claw that scream, look at my feet, look at my feet....
Here, your leaves were dying, starting with the lowest leaves and moving upward on the trunk. The leaf tips were not just burning, but half the leaf, and it was twisting up as it did so. This twisting almost always indicates a root problem but yet in a young plant, the nutrition needs are simple, mostly nitrogen is what is needed, and it is available across a wide pH range and is abundant in most new soil. Then I look at the puffiness of the leaves and the lack of overall lift, and again I think roots. It is sort of an overall thing that you have to do when talking to your plants, asking yourself, what could cause that? Plus, since watering problems in soil is what i specialize in, I have seen this look before. :)

a burn from too much nutrient has a different look to it, the tips of the leaves only will burn and the leaves will all coordinate in a pointing downward claw that scream, look at my feet, look at my feet....
Here, your leaves were dying, starting with the lowest leaves and moving upward on the trunk. The leaf tips were not just burning, but half the leaf, and it was twisting up as it did so. This twisting almost always indicates a root problem but yet in a young plant, the nutrition needs are simple, mostly nitrogen is what is needed, and it is available across a wide pH range and is abundant in most new soil. Then I look at the puffiness of the leaves and the lack of overall lift, and again I think roots. It is sort of an overall thing that you have to do when talking to your plants, asking yourself, what could cause that? Plus, since watering problems in soil is what i specialize in, I have seen this look before. :)
ok thanks, i also bought PH mesuring paper, what should the PH be right now?

ok thanks, i also bought PH mesuring paper, what should the PH be right now?
You cant measure soil pH like that anyway, and the pH of the soil will be different, depending on if it is wet or dry, or influenced by the pH of the liquids you apply. These means that the pH of a region near the top of a container will be different than down at the bottom where it is still wet. Just make sure that every fluid that touches your soil is adjusted to 6.3 pH, and all will be perfect.

You cant measure soil pH like that anyway, and the pH of the soil will be different, depending on if it is wet or dry, or influenced by the pH of the liquids you apply. These means that the pH of a region near the top of a container will be different than down at the bottom where it is still wet. Just make sure that every fluid that touches your soil is adjusted to 6.3 pH, and all will be perfect.
alright i will, i will post updates if they start changing :yummy: fertilizer to 6.3 ph too right?

so, my white widow seem to be doing well after your tips, thank you. with the moisture device, i can really get why they were dying. the soil i bought seems to keep water very well, i haven't water them in like 10 days and it's still moist down there.

however, i'm having issues with my purple queen. basically, the bottom leaves were starting to eat themselves, so i gave it a low dose of fertilizer (3ml divided for 3 plants) and another 3ml 7 days later, and it seems now it's burning a bit. i'm not sure why, the recommended dose for 1 liter is 5ml, and i put 3ml. should it be even lower? or less often? (i'm using terra canna vega and adjust the ph to around 6.3-6.6, also, they didn't get any nutrients for 18 days prior to those 2 low doses.

i'm also watering right, by following your tips. and the soil shouldn't have any nutrients as i took it from a place near my house and mixed it with some store-bought soil (with no nutrients)

also, temps are really high right now in italy 30-37 Celcius.

are my doses still too high? what am i doing wrong?

i'm also thinking about transplanting into a bigger pot. should i do it now? (they are not auto-flowering) they are in about 5-6 liter containers now.

as for the white widow, the smallest one of the bunch, became twice as big as the other 2 in the last 2 weeks. which is surprising. (i'm wondering when i should expose them to full- sunlight. right they are only getting early morning sun, as i though the temperatures were too high for such little babys

thanks for all the advice everyone, it's been so useful, i would've probably killed my plants if it wasn't for this forum. hopefully the next grow i'll do every single step right.

Attachments

• photo_2019-07-23_17-13-20 (2).jpg
    photo_2019-07-23_17-13-20 (2).jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 106
  • photo_2019-07-23_17-13-20.jpg
    photo_2019-07-23_17-13-20.jpg
    462.7 KB · Views: 108
  • photo_2019-07-23_17-13-21 (2).jpg
    photo_2019-07-23_17-13-21 (2).jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 91
  • photo_2019-07-23_17-13-21 (3).jpg
    photo_2019-07-23_17-13-21 (3).jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 97
  • photo_2019-07-23_17-13-21 (4).jpg
    photo_2019-07-23_17-13-21 (4).jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 107
  • photo_2019-07-23_17-13-21.jpg
    photo_2019-07-23_17-13-21.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 100
Yes, the yellow now occurring from the bottom and moving up is showing you that your plant is starving of its main nutrients. These nutrients are mobile, that is they are able to be moved around in the plant from the large fan leaves that store the nutes up to the new growth where it is needed. If you don't get some more nutrients in there soon, the plant will take more leaves, and certainly don't remove any that are partially damaged so the plant is not forced to take another one higher up.
So your dosages of nutes are not strong enough. If you are going with 1/4 strength or even 1/2 strength, make a note to yourself that this didn't work in your plain jane dirt, and you need to give more nutes. Your plant is getting bigger, and that along with you wanting to give more light, will increase the nutritional needs even more.

Yes, the yellow now occurring from the bottom and moving up is showing you that your plant is starving of its main nutrients. These nutrients are mobile, that is they are able to be moved around in the plant from the large fan leaves that store the nutes up to the new growth where it is needed. If you don't get some more nutrients in there soon, the plant will take more leaves, and certainly don't remove any that are partially damaged so the plant is not forced to take another one higher up.
So your dosages of nutes are not strong enough. If you are going with 1/4 strength or even 1/2 strength, make a note to yourself that this didn't work in your plain jane dirt, and you need to give more nutes. Your plant is getting bigger, and that along with you wanting to give more light, will increase the nutritional needs even more.
wait i don't think i've explained myself properly, it was eating itself, then i gave it fertilizer, and higher leaves started having a little bit of burn on them, not eating themselves (picture 1-4) those burn appeared 2 days after i gave them the second feed a week later.
doesn't this mean i have too much?

wait i don't think i've explained myself properly, it was eating itself, then i gave it fertilizer, and higher leaves started having a little bit of burn on them, not eating themselves (picture 1-4) those burn appeared 2 days after i gave them the second feed a week later.
doesn't this mean i have too much?
The tiny amount of tip burn at the top is nothing to worry about and it means that you are pretty darn close to the correct dosage. Just keep up with it and lets see if some of the cannibalized leaves start to green up a bit again. I have noticed a bigger problem though, and you need to get on this asap. You have spider mites. See those little pinprick white spots on your leaves? Spider mites. They are very very hard to see, but I believe them to be there. Luckily, this is easily treated on young plants. Do you have some Neem?

The tiny amount of tip burn at the top is nothing to worry about and it means that you are pretty darn close to the correct dosage. Just keep up with it and lets see if some of the cannibalized leaves start to green up a bit again. I have noticed a bigger problem though, and you need to get on this asap. You have spider mites. See those little pinprick white spots on your leaves? Spider mites. They are very very hard to see, but I believe them to be there. Luckily, this is easily treated on young plants. Do you have some Neem?
i'm not sure, my dad had plenty of stuff to treat plants, he passed away 2 weeks ago, so i can't ask him about what all of that stuff is for, does it have to be neem specifically? i'll look through all the stuff he had for plants

just to be clear, are we talking about those white dots?

that's a pic of my little white widow

Attachments

• photo_2019-07-23_18-30-16.jpg
    photo_2019-07-23_18-30-16.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 97
i found this, one is "white mineral oil" and the other one i'm not sure, but it's for eatable plants... ever heard of those brands? they are both for spiders, i had some others but i think they were not good for something that's gonna be smoked/eaten

Attachments

• photo_2019-07-23_18-41-17.jpg
    photo_2019-07-23_18-41-17.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom