Leaves starting to burn?

yes be careful what you apply... but you still have lots of time before smoking and/or eating this, and no buds yet to ruin with a spray, but use your own best judgement. And yes, we are talking about the white dots. Looking under those leaves you should be able to see tiny black clumps all around (mite poop) and if you look down low, like at the first node and below, you might be able to spot the tiny critters walking up and down the trunk from the ground and up to that first notch, and if they have really gotten going, you will find some webs down there too.

yes be careful what you apply... but you still have lots of time before smoking and/or eating this, and no buds yet to ruin with a spray, but use your own best judgement. And yes, we are talking about the white dots. Looking under those leaves you should be able to see tiny black clumps all around (mite poop) and if you look down low, like at the first node and below, you might be able to spot the tiny critters walking up and down the trunk from the ground and up to that first notch, and if they have really gotten going, you will find some webs down there too.
i didn't manage to spot any of those, and i have pretty good eyes, so i'm guessing it's just the "very early stage"? i'm not sure how to apply the oil, and the doses for cannabis, i'll have a look online and see if it find something

alright i've order it and i'll get it on Saturday, so my issue is for sure water and not too much fertilizer? how do you recognize that, is it because the leaves are yellow?
Was just passing through for a read mate. Not a soil grower so just trying to expand my knowledge of it.
Only advice I can give is listen to Emilya. Chick knows her soil man :)

funny thing is, i asked my mom and she immediately told me what it was and how to treat it, and i also told her about topping and low stress training and she knew everything, i forgot she went to agriculture school lol.

after some research i found how much i should use: 10ml per liter. i'm struggling to find how often i should use it tho...

good for mom! I would use it every 5-7 days for at least 3 rounds... you have to break the lifecycle of these bugs. Be sure to test your neem on one branch at first just to see how the plant handles it.
ok got it thanks. how do i know it's working? are the white dots supposed to disappire?

hello, my purple queen leaves are starting to burn and some are curly. i don't know why. i give it fertilizer once per week like i was instructed, the fertilizer is called "terra canna vega" they are outdoors and get a lot of sun. (30-35 degrees) what could it be? is it nutrien burn? or something else?

Those spots could be the result of too much fertilizer. I get those in my hydro system once in a while and I have to lower the EC of my nutes.

Those spots could be the result of too much fertilizer. I get those in my hydro system once in a while and I have to lower the EC of my nutes.
hmm, now you got me confused because i don't see anything under the leaves. i already sprayed them with the oil. does it hurt in any way? if it doesn't i'll do it 2 more times like emylia said, if it doesn't hurt i don't see why risk it

First of all, this is not hydro with all the associated splash... and the pinpricks are near the middle and top of the plant, not where splash normally would occur. Over fertilizing almost always presents differently than this, with burned leaf tips and in bad cases, clawing of the leaves and dramatic overly green leaves... this is not happening here. And, on top of that, the pinpricks are classic spider mite damage... nothing else I have ever seen can simulate this damage.
hmm, now you got me confused because i don't see anything under the leaves. i already sprayed them with the oil. does it hurt in any way? if it doesn't i'll do it 2 more times like emylia said, if it doesn't hurt i don't see why risk it
Most people can not spot the little critters. Most people can not get still enough to see them move even if their eyes are good enough. No one wants to admit that they have spider mites, but especially on plants that travel between a grow room and outside, or in grow rooms that have brought plants in from other locations, this is a very common problem. There really is no other explanation for the pinpricks except for bugs and this damage is classic spidermite damage.

First of all, this is not hydro with all the associated splash... and the pinpricks are near the middle and top of the plant, not where splash normally would occur. Over fertilizing almost always presents differently than this, with burned leaf tips and in bad cases, clawing of the leaves and dramatic overly green leaves... this is not happening here. And, on top of that, the pinpricks are classic spider mite damage... nothing else I have ever seen can simulate this damage.

Most people can not spot the little critters. Most people can not get still enough to see them move even if their eyes are good enough. No one wants to admit that they have spider mites, but especially on plants that travel between a grow room and outside, or in grow rooms that have brought plants in from other locations, this is a very common problem. There really is no other explanation for the pinpricks except for bugs and this damage is classic spidermite damage.
alright, i've also just got done trasplanting the purple queen into a 20L container. and i've used a couple of strings attached to a small stone to pull it down slightly (LST) because i don't want it to grow high as neighbours would see it....

@Emilya
Well, if you’re correct I need to worry, because I have a few of those exact pin pricks, how can I confirm and what should I do about it? Thanks in advance.

i found this, one is "white mineral oil" and the other one i'm not sure, but it's for eatable plants... ever heard of those brands? they are both for spiders, i had some others but i think they were not good for something that's gonna be smoked/eaten
Remember that what @Emilya mentioned were "Spider Mites". That is the common name for the extremely small insect. They are not "Spiders". They are "Mites" and because some of them will form a small web people call them Spider Mites.

Spider Mites and Spiders are related but are two different insects. I would carefully read the instructions on the two containers to be sure that using them is recommended for Mites.

Have a good day.

quick question, is it ok to do this to my plant? i wanna keep it low to avoid neighbors seeing it. so i'm pulling it sideways, and it seems some of the leaves changed direction of growth like they should. is there anything else i should do?

Attachments

• photo_2019-07-28_13-00-45.jpg
    photo_2019-07-28_13-00-45.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 79
  • photo_2019-07-28_13-00-47.jpg
    photo_2019-07-28_13-00-47.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 65
In veg these plants will adapt to just about anything, even growing upside down! You should be fine, and this is nothing more than a full plant LST, and after doing this low stress training by bending the top growth tip down, you will see that all of the side growth will now accelerate.
about the white widow, 1 is at the height she should be at. the other 2 are still very very small for a 1 month old plant. i havent water them for 14 days because the soil retains a lot of water, anything else i can do to help them? thanks

do you have drainage holes in the bottom of those buckets? Soil is supposed to retain water while the plant uses all of that water, but if oxygen isnt being pulled down in there because of a lack of drainage it is very possible that your lower roots have gone into flood mode and mostly shut down. Never go more than 3 days without at least doing a mini watering of the top roots, but not enough that excess drops to the bottom of the container and adds to the problem. Every 3 days give about 1/3 what you normally would, just to soak into the top 3 inches or so, striving to get the top and bottom to sync up with each other so you can water properly.

do you have drainage holes in the bottom of those buckets? Soil is supposed to retain water while the plant uses all of that water, but if oxygen isnt being pulled down in there because of a lack of drainage it is very possible that your lower roots have gone into flood mode and mostly shut down. Never go more than 3 days without at least doing a mini watering of the top roots, but not enough that excess drops to the bottom of the container and adds to the problem. Every 3 days give about 1/3 what you normally would, just to soak into the top 3 inches or so, striving to get the top and bottom to sync up with each other so you can water properly.
here is pics btw, they were all planted on the same day. the one in the 3rd pic looks miserable :(

Attachments

• photo_2019-07-30_17-03-15.jpg
    photo_2019-07-30_17-03-15.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 71
  • photo_2019-07-30_17-03-16.jpg
    photo_2019-07-30_17-03-16.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_2019-07-30_17-03-17.jpg
    photo_2019-07-30_17-03-17.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom