Leaves wilting and plants dying

follet

Hi,

I am growing autoflowering Northern Lights plants (from 00 seeds) indoors, and after 3 weeks with no problems at all, the leaves are starting wilting. They look like burnt, although I am sure that they are far enough from the 250W MH lamp I use. I rule out a pest because I am very careful with this. Can it be some kind of fungi or maybe some problem with the MH lamp?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A8Kus4EqVTo/U1cGsBDgyNI/AAAAAAAAAvs/aSsum0OgnO4/s1600/IMG_1743.JPG

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A8Kus4EqVTo/U1cGsBDgyNI/AAAAAAAAAvs/aSsum0OgnO4/s1600/IMG_1743.JPG

I will appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Marcel

You should probably upload your photos to this site. But other than that, what medium you using, nutes, how often you watering and how far are your lights from plants? You'll need more info for anyone to help you

You should probably upload your photos to this site. But other than that, what medium you using, nutes, how often you watering and how far are your lights from plants? You'll need more info for anyone to help you

You're right, I give you more info:

250W MH light about 30 cm over top leaves
As you can see in the pic, first affected leaves are not on top of the plant
Temp: 25-32C. Moisture: 40%
I water when the pot feels light with 10-7-9 nuts dilluted 1/400.

It also looks like you splashed nutes on that one leaf and burned it. I can not see it on others.

It also looks like you splashed nutes on that one leaf and burned it. I can not see it on others.

Hi CO Finest. Thanks for your observations ;). It would appear as you say, as if I had splashed nutrient on the leave and thus burnt it. But I water very carefully directly on the soil. This plant has only 1-2 leaves "damaged", but in others this has become general in just hours.
This had happened to me some months ago with some basil plants grown in the same place.
If it were some fungal disease it would have appeared before.
One of the common factors is the nute, though. I used tap water, not distilled, and in my region we have very hard water.

Does you tap water have chlorine in it and if so do you let it sit out 20-48 hours before use. I have used tap water in past and found putting it in a five gallon bucket with a air stone in it for a day works best for tap

Does you tap water have chlorine in it and if so do you let it sit out 20-48 hours before use. I have used tap water in past and found putting it in a five gallon bucket with a air stone in it for a day works best for tap

I let the water rest for at least 24h, but with no air stone. So there could be some small amounts of chlorine, but the fact that the plant has not started suffering until after 3 weeks of growing it makes me feel it is something related with the nutrient. Some progressive alcalinization due to the hard water I use. I will try to save the plants changing the water (distilled + nutes instead). And maybe for elucidating the cause for sure I can in a near future study 2 plants with tap water and 2 plants with distilled water ;).

Ph , nutes , sweat from yer brow another possibility to me looks like a minor amount of root rot could be present.

Diagnosis for this plant in my pic , root rot. It stressed my plant to be male.

IMAG4659.jpg

I want to thank you all for your comments. You have given me orientation and I will concentrate on the nutrient solution. As I explained, I have been using very hard water to dissolve the nuts. I will go on using distilled water. Some time ago I was growing strawberries using nuts dissolved in this water and they developed chlorosis. When I started using distilled water instead, or adding nitric acid to the hard water, the problem disappeared. This time it is not a chlorosis, but burning and quick death of the leaves, but it seems again a nutrient problem.

Back
Top Bottom