Leaves yellowing, twisting, being weird, please help

Sorry for the simplified questions, but how are are you watering them? Are you watering until you get good run off?
A bookmark of mine for your reading pleasure: Watering your plants.
I try and keep stuff simple and don't measure ph or ppmo_O and so far it has worked for me so I am no help there.

From all the pics and data I feel you are keeping the grow medium a bit too dry. If the plant doesn't have enough moisture in the roots to keep the circulatory system flowing to all the plant then she will have to choose which parts to sacrifice to keep herself alive. In doing so any growth that may occur will be deformed. I might be in left field on this one.

Sorry for the simplified questions, but how are are you watering them? Are you watering until you get good run off?
I try and keep stuff simple and don't measure ph or ppmo_O and so far it has worked for me so I am no help there.

From all the pics and data I feel you are keeping the grow medium a bit too dry. If the plant doesn't have enough moisture in the roots to keep the circulatory system flowing to all the plant then she will have to choose which parts to sacrifice to keep herself alive. In doing so any growth that may occur will be deformed. I might be in left field on this one.
that sounds like its on the money @Enr0n the peat moss becomes hydrophobic and the nutrients run out ,

Sorry, late to the party, but I would focus more on the soil and your input pH.
Your leaves look like they are starting to have a Mag deficiency.
The microbial powder you're using is going to take awhile to work because it takes time to break down the organic matter in a way that your plant can use it.
It looks like your soil is primarily made of peat moss, which tends to require a lower pH on input. Almost like you would with coco. 5.8 - 6.1. That said, if you're growing organics, no salt based nutrients, pH doesn't really matter (within reason), but you're going to need to get them some nutrients. Cal Mag isn't going to be enough at this point.
If I were you, I would find a good balanced nutrient line for veg, and feed on the lower end of the pH scale (non organic), and see if you can get your leaves back to green. I'm starting to see some folks leaning on the new GeoFlora line for organics, but don't have any experience with it yet. @Emilya has, and swears by it, so maybe she can chime in and give you her opinion.
I second the twisted leaf possibly being hit with your water/feed.
I'll focus on getting my input to 5.8-6.1 thank you. Im using salts being floraflex v1 & v2 which is a veg nutrient regiment not organic and the microbial powder you just mix in the soil before you plant/transplant and thats it you dont reapply it at all. I've used floraflex since the first week of life, feeding them the seeding/clone strength of 1g of v1 and 1g of v2 per gallon of water and than followed their schedule for nute feeding as per the attachment.

Screenshot_20201220-163342_Drive.jpg

Dont be sorry at all, anything/everything helps trying to figure out whats going on. The last time i watered which was January 1st was the first time i watered them afte moving them into 5 gal pots from solo cups, i watered with the week 2 floraflex prescription as it was just finished week 3 from seed and i didnt want to overfeed/stress as i just transplanted. I did not water until i seen runoff at it was my first watering in 5 gal, i gave each of them 3L of water only.

Are you seeing any white dots on your leaves, especially down near the crinkled up leaf? I am curious to see what effect the 6.1 adjustment will cause, but I am suspecting that you have a case of spidermites starting up. Confirm the dots, or not... then we can go on from there.
I'll remove another leaf and put it under my microscope afterwork and check again. I'll adjust to 6.1ph input. I'll hit them with lost coast plant therapy weather i find somthing or not thank you.

Have you inserted your finger into the grow medium about 1 inch? If so was your finger tip damp or dry?

I understand that you have a meter that you use to measure the dampness of the grow medium, are you watering when the scale gets to 3 or 4? Moisture also depends in the depth you insert the probe.

I like to rub the soil and use my fingers and all my sense to determine when to water. Each person does things differently but in the end we are all trying to help each other out. :high-five:

Have you inserted your finger into the grow medium about 1 inch? If so was your finger tip damp or dry?

I understand that you have a meter that you use to measure the dampness of the grow medium, are you watering when the scale gets to 3 or 4? Moisture also depends in the depth you insert the probe.

I like to rub the soil and use my fingers and all my sense to determine when to water. Each person does things differently but in the end we are all trying to help each other out. :high-five:
I have not fingered the soil yet, i have just been watering when leaves started to droop, i just started using the meter since i moved them to 5 gallons, i inserted the meter close to the bottom of the pot id say 75% deep and its at 4-5 so i haven't watered them a second time since moving them to 5gal fabrics on December 31st and watered on the 1st cause i was waiting for my water to come up to room temp. I appreciate you taking time to try and help me out

I thought the media was dry beyond normal measure last night too but didn’t go too far in that direction. Agree looks like pest pressure too. I’m not big on fingering soil because top dries faster than bottom, but agree they need a good soaking dose of water and then allowed to run dry again. Enron is right tho everyone has learned unique methods. Most new people run the wet / wet cycle and miss the entire point of the wet / dry cycle, but I think you may have pushed the dry cycle a bit too far. Someone above mentioned hydrophic conditions.... agree with that too - you may need to do bottom water soaking for 5 minutes in a deep tub and then topping off with a gallon down the hatch from the top side to ensure a good soaking thru and thru.... because it’s so dry the moisture will probably run off otherwise. If you do try soaking stabilize the plant / bag / bucket so it doesn’t tip or break your foliage off. At any rate you’ve got tons of great input and from your detailed write up you’ve mos def got skills in the garden and I’m confident you will nail this down to a positive outcome!

I thought the media was dry beyond normal measure last night too but didn’t go too far in that direction. Agree looks like pest pressure too. I’m not big on fingering soil because top dries faster than bottom, but agree they need a good soaking dose of water and then allowed to run dry again. Enron is right tho everyone has learned unique methods Most new people run the wet / wet cycle and miss the entire point of the wet / dry cycle, but I think you may have pushed the dry cycle a bit too far. Someone above mentioned hydrophic conditions.... agree with that too - you may need to do bottom water soaking for 5 minutes in a deep tub and then topping off with a gallon down the hatch from the top side to ensure a good soaking thru and thru.... because it’s so dry the moisture will probably run off otherwise. If you do try soaking stabilize the plant / bag / bucket so it doesn’t tip or break your foliage off. At any rate you’ve got tons of great input and from your detailed write up you’ve mos def got skills in the garden and I’m confident you will nail this down to a positive outcome!
Thank you, I'll try all that.

Back
Top Bottom