Probably a common deficiency

Rezpect

420 Member
My plant is only 2.5 week old, is getting brown/red spots on it's lower leaves and slightly curling leaves, it's just started growing it's 3rd set of true leaves. No other plants in the grow space, using gro+ start compost with added nutrients (says nutes last 4 weeks), No nutrients added yet just plain tap water at room temperature left to stand for 24 hour measuring 6.8-7ph (which I think may be too much?) the grow space is 2x1.5 and light is LED vipraspecter 300watt R300 around 14-16" away from canopy, there's also a small fan blowing around the plant, temperature while lights on is around 27-29degrees Celsius, temp while lights off around 22-24dc. I know it's a deficiency but can't pinpoint which as all the problems that are similar to mine in illustrations are progressive and late stage deficiencies, could it be a humidity problem? as it gets quite dry in the grow space at times, Also when is the best time to transplant and is it safe to transplant root system/compost into buffered Coco? Strain is Royal Cheese. please help!

Attachments

• IMG_20190310_112756.jpg
    IMG_20190310_112756.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20190310_112748.jpg
    IMG_20190310_112748.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 208
She looks overfed, overwatered, and root bound.

Need to get it in a bigger pot, ease up on the added nutrients, get into a consistent watering schedule.

Fan shouldn't be blowing directly on the plants (full time)...you'll get a leaf burn similar from lights.

:goodjob:

I'm biased mate and I'd never advise anyone to grow in soil. Way to complicated for me and prone to pest problems. Any numpty can pull weights in coco though. It's all round a much more forgiving media. Just Chuck a seed in. Quarter dose nutes till they start to go yellow then up it to half. Few shots of pk booster towards then end and the occasional shot of calmag if you need it. Done.
Can't over water it, much easier to fix any ph or nute issues cos you can just flush everything out it and go back to a blank canvas. Get much better growth and much bigger buds. The only advantage soil has is that you can just feed it water...sometimes...if it doesn't fry your plants first lol

I let the soil dry almost completely before any watering, the pot has been feeling light as hell before I feed. I'll just transplant into 10L pots filled with Coco/perlite mix, the roots will just grow into it anyway I suppose. The soil was a last minute thing, was supposed to use Coco to begin with but ran into complications, hopefully I can prevent any further damage, thanks.

If yer drying her out properly or did then I'd say it's the soil. Probably a bit hot.

Poor baby, she looks ruff

Move that light up too, should be at 24"

Up pot like everyone says.

Coco is good since u can't over water it. Be sure to flush or prep yer Coco and start running 1/4 nutes with it too

Some good threads on how to grow and water in Coco here

Read them!!

That and you only have to water it every 3-5 days as needed :)
Or use a Res to autofeed and only have to change it every 7-10 days. Get it down to a T and you don't even need to change it at all. Just top it up. Get autopots and you don't even need to adjust the Res. Just plant a seed and keep the res filled. Even works in Coco with biotabs just filing the Res with water.
Can't touch hydro mate lol.

I see a severely over watered plant. I do not see a plant that needs to be transplanted yet or one that needs nutes. Let the poor thing dry out all the way to the bottom each time between waterings and your problems will surely go away.
yes just like she said
when i am in soil let it dry out to the point that the plant is almost wilting, also emilya taught me about the smell thing, i can smell when the plant needs to be watered when i walk into my vegging room, they put off a slight odor when they need water

yes just like she said
when i am in soil let it dry out to the point that the plant is almost wilting, also emilya taught me about the smell thing, i can smell when the plant needs to be watered when i walk into my vegging room, they put off a slight odor when they need water
The smell thing you're referring to is called VPD mate.
Vapour pressure deficit.
Basically the plant and it's environment act as one thing.
Water in the air ,( rh ) causes pressure.
This effects how the plant can feed.
Your plants can only absorb what they can sweat out.
If you keep the temperature relative to the humidity for each stage of the grow you get massively advanced growth rates. Google the term "VPD scale"
When you get the VPD spot on, they can feed as much as they want, perspire as much as they want.
and because of this, they stink like a stinky thing.

Vapour pressure deficit.
If you keep the temperature relative to the humidity for each stage of the grow you get massively advanced growth rates. Google the term "VPD scale"
When you get the VPD spot on, they can feed as much as they want, perspire as much as they want.
i know what vpd is and am not talking about it i dont think, read emilyas post on watering and you will see what she was talking about

Vapour pressure deficit.
humidity in my veg “room” is 20% rh so my vpd is way off, the plant puts off a slight smell when they need water . the plant in there is rootbound and i purposely am trying to stall its veg as much as possible. also experimenting with wet/dry cycles. i have come home twice after being away for 12+ hours and the plant was completely wilted from lack of water. i did notice the room smelled more when it was getting closer to having to water them. i dont know the science of it but on normal days the plants dont smell much if any at all. they were 2 small white rhinos in 1 gallon pots
so when they wilt that badly i just feed and the next morning they are back to normal.

I’m a new grower so take my advice with a grain of sand haha. But I believe the lights too close and your over fed it. Plants that small don’t need any extra nuts that early cause the soil should have it all in it already. Should be good for a month or two. Then amend the soil with an al purpose to get what your plants needs back into it. My guess is that plant is overwatered (let dry for a week solid) overfed( don’t feed till one-two months after transplants) and light sensitive due to the previous two (move them 10in down or move light 10 up). Within say 3-5 days you will notice the change. Once it starts to pray, let sit for another 2-3 days then water again till 20% of what you put in comes out the bottom. This will move the salts away from the roots and help get good drainage which equals more air to the root zone... just my opinion .

Back
Top Bottom