LED Bag Seed Closet Grow

WOO!!
Can't wait to see the show go down
gonna be a PAAAAARTY

Gerbil wangs everywhere
:party:

420-magazine-mobile358899853.jpg
plant 1 has fallen lol

gorgeous nugs! I'm gonna go ahead and say plant 1 is gonna give you close to 2 oz give a little take a little

gorgeous nugs! I'm gonna go ahead and say plant 1 is gonna give you close to 2 oz give a little take a little

I was thinking somewhere around 2-3 oz. I'll be pleased either way! I'm not quite finished with plant 2 just cause my lady asked me to wait and let her chop and trim a branch lol only got two left so I'll have one to sit down and do with her .

After roughly 6 hours the deed is done lol both girls have been chopped and trimmed and are now hung up to dry in the same closet, no lights, a small space heater for night time to keep the temps around 73, and a fan blowing into the closet to circulate air. RH has been between 40-50% the past 24 hours lights out so I'm hoping it will remain about the same for the next 3-10 days

420-magazine-mobile1545146182.jpg

I also have maybe 2 G's set aside that accidentally got cut off so they'll be the first test run of these beautiful ladies

I weighed my trim and ended up with 52 g's of good trim to cook with. I've never cooked with trim before; what's the ratio of trim to butter/oil for a good batch where 1 will get ya? I was figuring since I usually use an ounce of bud to a pound of butter then I should use at least an ounce of trim per quarter pound of butter? Or is that way overkill? I've got a pretty decent extraction method that I personally have had loads of success with using that ratio.

I weighed my trim and ended up with 52 g's of good trim to cook with. I've never cooked with trim before; what's the ratio of trim to butter/oil for a good batch where 1 will get ya? I was figuring since I usually use an ounce of bud to a pound of butter then I should use at least an ounce of trim per quarter pound of butter? Or is that way overkill? I've got a pretty decent extraction method that I personally have had loads of success with using that ratio.

You'll want to use all the trim I'd say... after it dries fully it won't be nearly as much so just to be sure I'd use it all and make any larf you have. So I'd suggest making enough butter for whatever a batch of brownies required and making it that away.

Wow nice harvest! Grnthmbs! I'd say 5-6 oz dry awesome looking nug

Happy Thanksgiving

So after 4 days drying give or take, the buds were crispy to the point that when squeezed they wouldn't bounce back at all so I decided to move to the jars today..a couple of stems were snapping but not all. I also ground some up to test and it's definitely still got the hay/green taste but isn't super harsh at all. I'm excited to see what flavors come out with the cure!

The high is a slow onset that engulfs the mind and face while slowly taking over the entire body. I'm extremely pleased with the smoke to have just finished drying and not cured at all.

CURING:

So I filled the jars all the way up with two 62% bovada packs in each jar except for the one that's about 1/3 full (it only got one). I also only have one temp/RH reader but I made a lid that I can change from jar to jar when burping to monitor each jar.

I chose to fill the jars all the way up instead of 1/4 or 1/2 full just because of how dry the buds themselves were. If I start to notice moisture returning more than I believe should be I'll lay them out for a few hours to dry more but I don't want to over dry. They're staying in the closet for now and are completely in the dark.
420-magazine-mobile1848031787.jpg

I did a little reading on curing this morning and from what I understand once the jar is sitting around 50% humidity it doesn't need burping much more than once every day or two..my jar with the hygrometer on it is sitting at 50% RH now so I'm kinda afraid I may have over dried my buds waiting for the stems to snap. Do I still need to burp everyday or with the RH at 50% am I good to burp every day or two for 5-10 min?

I did a little reading on curing this morning and from what I understand once the jar is sitting around 50% humidity it doesn't need burping much more than once every day or two..my jar with the hygrometer on it is sitting at 50% RH now so I'm kinda afraid I may have over dried my buds waiting for the stems to snap. Do I still need to burp everyday or with the RH at 50% am I good to burp every day or two for 5-10 min?

Yeah once the insides of the buds dry out completely they quiet rehydrating the jar so you don't really need to burp unless it starts raising. I'd just maybe air the jars out a couple minutes every day or two while checking them to make sure none of the bottom buds are any damp.

Yeah once the insides of the buds dry out completely they quiet rehydrating the jar so you don't really need to burp unless it starts raising. I'd just maybe air the jars out a couple minutes every day or two while checking them to make sure none of the bottom buds are any damp.

So considering where the RH is now would you say I over dried?

So it's been two weeks and it's time for the smoke report.

It's some of the smoothest hitting bud I've ever smoked. It's cool to the throat on the inhale with a piney taste and a very earthy taste on the exhale.

The high it produces is slow to come on when smoked out of a joint but produces a massive body high with a mild but clear head high almost instantly. It's not a very couch locky body high, very relaxing but I'm still able to function and play with the dogs or go for a hike no problem. I haven't smoked any out of a pipe yet..I actually just thought about that lol but all in all I'm pretty pleased. I like more of a couch lock when it's a body high and I like a very Stoney head high, but that's just me being picky lol.

Now I just need to get this move over with and convince my lady to let get another, possibly perpetual, grow set up lol

Great shhhmoke report there GT!

Clear headed you say???

Maybe get a strain she likes and include her.

You will knock it out of the tent next time with all the knowledge and great peeps to help you.
Congratulations you never forget your first time. Even though I wish I could forget mine...lol.

Good on yah, keep going...:thanks:

So it's been two weeks and it's time for the smoke report.

It's some of the smoothest hitting bud I've ever smoked. It's cool to the throat on the inhale with a piney taste and a very earthy taste on the exhale.

The high it produces is slow to come on when smoked out of a joint but produces a massive body high with a mild but clear head high almost instantly. It's not a very couch locky body high, very relaxing but I'm still able to function and play with the dogs or go for a hike no problem. I haven't smoked any out of a pipe yet..I actually just thought about that lol but all in all I'm pretty pleased. I like more of a couch lock when it's a body high and I like a very Stoney head high, but that's just me being picky lol.

Now I just need to get this move over with and convince my lady to let get another, possibly perpetual, grow set up lol

Where's a close up budshot of the cured product? It tends to look a little better after a few weeks of curing after it has time to dense up the best it's gonna dense up.

Back
Top Bottom