LED, CMH, LED combo opinions?

Rkelly496

A friend is mixing Led and cmh what’s your opinion?

He’s convinced this will maximise yield.

2x 100w qb and 1x 315w cmh (Phillips bulb full spec)

Let the debate begin

He uses coco
Veg for 8 weeks
Tops at 5th node
Lst for there on till even then scrogs

use the two lights to grow more weed. i love my cmh tho,, gotta say

Six grows cmh315 organic soil perfect for my 3x3 cabinet adds some heat in a cool dry unfinished part of the basement. I ran a pair of leds my last a sponsored grow…bud quality excellent on a quick auto test run. My next grow will be another twin led photo direct comparison to a recent cmh315 grow. Im about four months out for a final decision. Cheers

A friend is mixing Led and cmh what’s your opinion?

He’s convinced this will maximise yield.

2x 100w qb and 1x 315w cmh (Phillips bulb full spec)

Let the debate begin

He uses coco
Veg for 8 weeks
Tops at 5th node
Lst for there on till even then scrogs
Hello, I've tried this going SunPlix CMH (Wide,short,4x4 hoods),then an enhanced white led linear cob/mono fixture (275w) every other down 15'. What I found morphologically or structurally was that the plants would grow resulting with the outcome of led buds under the led & cmh buds seperately rather then blending or becoming the best of both worlds. I think if we had access to 75w cmh they could be more evenly spread for slightly larger yields but idk about structure.
As for health & growth it went well on both sides.
Depending on your leds, led beats out CMH in every way. If you do not own a Horticulturally designed led fixture then it's likely your better off mixing the two do to the superior broadbanded spd of a cmh.
In a direct SBS using x2 of the same cuts from same mom & identical parameters in a 5'8"x7' area my 900w, 8 bar, Horticultural led system beat the CMH in Bag Appeal, quality & density (did not get tested) while yielding exactly the same on both sides. After a power outage the x4 CMH came back on at 350w each for 2 weeks before I noticed. Averaging 400w more on the cmh side & every person selected the Horticultural led bud over the cmh bud in blind bag tests. That's an led win to me & caused me to try 1:1. Then I just gave the cmh's to a friend. They're also great for veg if you do not own an led that produces easy, healthy veg growth.

Back
Top Bottom